Tottenham Thread

chonabot

the numbers always come out of nowhere mate. and then madrid invariably end up paying the fat end of whatever the highest one mentioned is and get their player. 80m+ for bale, who is still relatively unproven at the very top level, really is insane money.

Now now Stevie,that will get there goat up.He is apparently World class already.

How many of the news stories about Bale leaving has Bale denied ? Where has Bale said, "These stories are rubbish !" Curious I'd say, and more than a little chance that Bale's team is working the media from behind the scenes for a transfer. Bale won't be seen as being ungrateful or a malcontent, and more pressure on Spurs to get it done now. It has that look about it to me.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

the numbers always come out of nowhere mate. and then madrid invariably end up paying the fat end of whatever the highest one mentioned is and get their player. 80m+ for bale, who is still relatively unproven at the very top level, really is insane money.

Now now Stevie,that will get there goat up.He is apparently World class already.

Oh, isn't he then Mr Ed?

Nearly as stupid as another Utd fan suggesting Fellaini was a far better player than Fabregas.

I'm starting to think in the wake of fergusons departure Utd fans really do need to wake up and smell the coffee

Edited by carmine

Ancelloti's in the frame now. Don't think he wants to be hanging about.

Bales on 80k a week. Will levy up it to 150?

Suarez looked a different class when he came on yesterday against Thailand. Reckon he'd make all the difference if he went to Arsenal.

No ...not yet Carmine,lets see what his ambition is and if he can cut it in the Champions League like Messi and Ronaldo et al first shall we.

Something tells me he is a little hot and cold to be labelled "world class" just yet.

Levy and his gentlemans agreement.............not worth the paper it's written on. :-)

You should remember that Marca ran exactly the same story about Modric having a so called gentlemans agreement to go to them if they came in.

He does of course have an agreement with Spurs.....its there in black and white and states he has three years left on his contract.

I see the board of directors on here have sold him again this morning! laugh.png

No ...not yet Carmine,lets see what his ambition is and if he can cut it in the Champions League like Messi and Ronaldo et al first shall we.

Something tells me he is a little hot and cold to be labelled "world class" just yet.

You really are a big time charlie Mr Edlaugh.png

So you are saying that Real Madrid would pay this sort of money for a player that wasn't world class?

Honestly mate, do back to bedrolleyes.gif .

Messi? He's sh1t! I've never seen him score against Chelsea. :-)

• Like 1

Honestly Stevie, how good would it be for us, We solve our left back situation, Di Maria is a class act, we pay for Soldado and bin over 50m. Where do we sign?

you'd have to take it. that's the point about selling star players - you get as much as possible for them and then hope it all goes back into improving the squad in a few positions. can have a net benefit.

you could get di maria and contrao in, sign soldado and still give us 50m for suarez.

So you are saying that Real Madrid would pay this sort of money for a player that wasn't world class?

I haven't got up yet! my maid is bringing me breakfast soon and she is world class biggrin.png

• Like 1

Honestly Stevie, how good would it be for us, We solve our left back situation, Di Maria is a class act, we pay for Soldado and bin over 50m. Where do we sign?

you'd have to take it. that's the point about selling star players - you get as much as possible for them and then hope it all goes back into improving the squad in a few positions. can have a net benefit.

you could get di maria and contrao in, sign soldado and still give us 50m for suarez.

I wondered what you were doing on this bandwagon Stevie....now its all crystal clear!

No bacon butties at the Lane.....next.....tongue.png

• Like 1

I haven't got up yet! my maid is bringing me breakfast soon and she is world class biggrin.png

That definitely calls for a pic! rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

<deleted> me Stevie don't get them started,they are talking about the top four already again!! rolleyes.gif

Levy and his gentlemans agreement.............not worth the paper it's written on. :-)

You should remember that Marca ran exactly the same story about Modric having a so called gentlemans agreement to go to them if they came in.

He does of course have an agreement with Spurs.....its there in black and white and states he has three years left on his contract.

I see the board of directors on here have sold him again this morning! laugh.png

I'm still looking for your new striker signing.............. how are the flying lessons going?

Don't forget the wages guys. wink.png

That definitely calls for a pic! rolleyes.gif

You are trying to get me banned again...i know biggrin.png shame as.....never mind whistling.gif

• Like 1

Like iv'e said before, we are in a no lose situation, If we keep Bale we're happy, if we sell him for 80m we are happy, to be fair i'd rather option 2 as we don't need the money, spending 50m already and probaly more to come proves we are not short laugh.png

Hang on. What bladdy maid. You told me that you make brekkie for a Swedish fella laugh.png

Like iv'e said before, we are in a no lose situation, If we keep Bale we're happy, if we sell him for 80m we are happy, to be fair i'd rather option 2 as we don't need the money, spending 50m already and probaly more to come proves we are not short laugh.png

To be fair to mjj I have posted in the rumours thread. I'm fairly sure we will sign a superb striker today Alfredo.

I can't name him though as its a top top secret deal that no one knows about.

Shhhhhhhh!

biggrin.png

No word on "that's the end of it for the summer".....we're still looking for a left back innit! clap2.gif

I think finally AVB has found our thread gentlemen. thumbsup.gif

apparently alan sugar and gary lineker were arguing about this on twitter. which makes it difficult to know which side of the fence to take really. sort of like choosing between a punch in the face and a kick in the balls.

• Like 1

Hang on. What bladdy maid. You told me that you make brekkie for a Swedish fella laugh.png

He died sadly...but his wife didn't. biggrin.png

• Like 1

apparently alan sugar and gary lineker were arguing about this on twitter. which makes it difficult to know which side of the fence to take really. sort of like choosing between a punch in the face and a kick in the balls.

i hear its done. If confirmed its another excellent signing that addresses our lack of potency in the box. as i think i posted, we scores less goals in the box than any side bar QPR last season. He's also a grat penalty taker if we ever get awarded one.

i hear its done. If confirmed its another excellent signing that addresses our lack of potency in the box. as i think i posted, we scores less goals in the box than any side bar QPR last season. He's also a grat penalty taker if we ever get awarded one.

sorry, i wasn't clear. they were arguing about bale - sugar would bank the cash because he's a hard-nosed businessman and commercial genius while lineker as an ex-footballer was arguing that you don't sell your best players.

No no it can't be, as that would mean Jacks crystal ball ain't working properly laugh.png

sorry, i wasn't clear. they were arguing about bale - sugar would bank the cash because he's a hard-nosed businessman and commercial genius while lineker as an ex-footballer was arguing that you don't sell your best players.

Oh right. Well thats the potential beauty of this one. Theres scope for substantial reinvestment and enough left for the bank balance. Its such a win win to make the deal. If ever there was a totally viable decision to sell this is it

The more I think about it, the more I think Bale should go if these offers are correct.

My reasoning is that Spurs have a chance to create a CL qualifying team without Bale. This team could strengthen again with the qualification without breaking up the core of the team.

If Bale stays and they get a CL spot, then he leaves (as being expected), the team would then still have a stigma of being a watered down version of the qualifying team. Also should the horror of horror (or funny, depending on your train of thought) happen and Spurs don't qualify and they then lose Bale, what becomes of Spurs rep.

Alternatively, keep Bale and forget about letting him go next year.

The more I think about it, the more I think Bale should go if these offers are correct.

My reasoning is that Spurs have a chance to create a CL qualifying team without Bale. This team could strengthen again with the qualification without breaking up the core of the team.

If Bale stays and they get a CL spot, then he leaves (as being expected), the team would then still have a stigma of being a watered down version of the qualifying team. Also should the horror of horror (or funny, depending on your train of thought) happen and Spurs don't qualify and they then lose Bale, what becomes of Spurs rep.

That's why you're a chav.

"To dare is to do."

• Like 1

"To dare is to do."

Or maybe it's because I see the goal as going on a good run or winning the CL, not just to qualify. But I guess you are a North London team, so I can see your top 4 trophy gleaming, only to slump back out of it.

"To dare is to do."

Or maybe it's because I see the goal as going on a good run or winning the CL, not just to qualify. But I guess you are a North London team, so I can see your top 4 trophy gleaming, only to slump back out of it.

How boring is all this 37.gif someone wake me up when it's all done and dusted 103.gif

• Like 1