Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Smart signing that. And probably about the best striker anyone could sign without CL football to offer.

True and probably guaranteeing that Bale is on his way out. Maybe too they should hold an auction for Adebeyor might be a novel way to get him off the wages bill

Smart signing that. And probably about the best striker anyone could sign without CL football to offer.

True and probably guaranteeing that Bale is on his way out. Maybe too they should hold an auction for Adebeyor might be a novel way to get him off the wages bill

I don't think the Soldado deal has anything to do with the future of Bale.

Regards Adebayor, the problem doesn't seems to be lack of interest, more a case of getting him to go

• Like 1

So Carm's, your starting 11 set to be confirmed. I see no reason to believe otherwise.

We now have a very very strong squad that can take the Premiership, PROVIDED, this season we get out of the traps quicker than our adversaries. Our slow dithering opening games have cost us dearly this past few seasons.... A poor start and then months of playing catch up.

This season I see 13 points leading the table after 5 games and then a belter of a match in game 6 v Cheatski.

COYS and please continue to keep the faith; I sense DL, AVB and Gareth will not disappoint.

• Like 1

I don't think the Soldado deal has anything to do with the future of Bale.

Regards Adebayor, the problem doesn't seems to be lack of interest, more a case of getting him to go

The turks were whinging bout his wages, but more likely just playing a waiting game, but tbh Ide be hapi enuf with soldado defoe adeboy plus one from madrid more than decent enuf.

I don't see any connection to Bale whatsoever. Soldado has been purchased to play alongside Bale and Chadli in a 4-3-3. Seems very straight forward to me. I can understand why you other lurking teams would not want that however....lol.

COYS

• Like 1

So Carm's, your starting 11 set to be confirmed. I see no reason to believe otherwise.

We now have a very very strong squad that can take the Premiership, PROVIDED, this season we get out of the traps quicker than our adversaries. Our slow dithering opening games have cost us dearly this past few seasons.... A poor start and then months of playing catch up.

This season I see 13 points leading the table after 5 games and then a belter of a match in game 6 v Cheatski.

COYS and please continue to keep the faith; I sense DL, AVB and Gareth will not disappoint.

I would like to see a fully match fit Sandro first. Kaboul, again a key player hasn't played for a year and needs to be brought back carefully.

whist i am very disappointed to lose Caulker, the signs are there will be a replacement otherwise we are light in the center of defense.

I think we can expect at least another signing.

All this is totally separate of any Bale situation. We have been sitting on cash to spend, the only surprise being how assertive we've been this window with top quality clever signings. I'm delighted with everything at the moment

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

I don't see any connection to Bale whatsoever. Soldado has been purchased to play alongside Bale and Chadli in a 4-3-3. Seems very straight forward to me. I can understand why you other lurking teams would not want that however....lol.

COYS

correction.........Soldado has been purchased to play alongside Lennon and Chadli in a 4-3-3.

It must be hard to take lads but you have to accept what we have been telling you the whole close season.Even Alfie has resigned himself to the fact.....Carmine is slowly coming round and Smokie is just thinking of the dough! It could be worse he could go to United yet laugh.png

Yes carms....I am grinning like a Cheshire cat!

Where is Nads btw? laugh.png

Still playing the same old record. He seems to know more about whats going on than Levyrolleyes.gifcoffee1.gif

I wish he could just share in the best situation we've been in for a lot of yearsbiggrin.png

Bale. I am still waiting to see a statement from one of the three parties. Not what the media "understands", and not what Marca contrives. I don't doubt that there is a discussion either underway, or in near future, but that does not mean he will leave this season. More likely negotiations are underway for a substantial increase in his salary, and a release clause of x million to be triggered next July, and maybe RM to get first dibs. That's the way I see it.

In the mean time especially for mystic meg there is a photo of Bale being seen in Madrid recently.....

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/130731/pictured-bale-spotted-madrid-202758?

Denial is not a river in Egypt.tongue.png

Plenty of sand to stick yer head in though.

Why's that then bright sparks ? biggrin.png

Vlad, despite BS to the contrary, seems to be a done deal. Makes sense as Caulker on is way out.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/01/tottenham-transfer-deal-for-steaua-bucharest-vlad-chiriches-is-back-on-and-nearly-done-3907718/

"Chiriches, who has been likened to Chelseas Brazilian defender David Luiz, helped Steaua reach the knockout stages of the Champions League last season where he scored against Chelsea."

<deleted>

I would like to see a fully match fit Sandro first. Kaboul, again a key player hasn't played for a year and needs to be brought back carefully.

whist i am very disappointed to lose Caulker, the signs are there will be a replacement otherwise we are light in the center of defense.

All this is totally separate of any Bale situation. We have been sitting on cash to spend, the only surprise being how assertive we've been this window with top quality clever signings. I'm delighted with everything at the moment

I reckon a c/d plus maybe a chop in from madrid, you reckon one more on top of that carms? where 4 mate, seems were pretty well covered at the mo.

I reckon a c/d plus maybe a chop in from madrid, you reckon one more on top of that carms? where 4 mate, seems were pretty well covered at the mo.

tbh i'm still trying to come to terms with our business so far as opposed to the norm of waiting and waiting and nothing happening!

What will be will be with Bale but regardless atleast one more to follow.

It truly is amazing carms to think that this season you could finish above United and Arsenal,i must hold my hands up and applaud your clubs attempts to join the big boys,The manager will now have to pull his finger out and win things.

• Like 1

It truly is amazing carms to think that this season you could finish above United and Arsenal,i must hold my hands up and applaud your clubs attempts to join the big boys,The manager will now have to pull his finger out and win things.

We don't like to get ahead of ourselves. It is very refreshing though to see Uncle Joe make at statement of intent i'll grant you!

We don't like to get ahead of ourselves. It is very refreshing though to see Uncle Joe make at statement of intent i'll grant you!

Your supporters deserve that.

• Like 1

"This season I see 13 points leading the table after 5 games and then a belter of a match in game 6 v Cheatski."

Chelski, Chavski, Chelsea. OK.

Actually, the suffix ski is Polish. So anyone using it for Chelsea in any way is saying, 'Yoohoo, I'm uneducated'.