Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Looks like we might be signing Willian. Never been convinced about this guy but i know AVB rates him. Tried to buy him when he was at Chelsea. Does anyone have an opinion on this guy?

Not really seen much of him carms....but the worry is he hasn't played in one of Europe's top leagues.

Mind you if AVB rates him that's good enough for me. We are missing the creativity ratboy gave us and if Bale leaves then he can fill that gap somewhat I hope.

Edit: Just to add I am glad to see we are to be less reliant on Bale overall this season....whether he goes or not I believe we will be a force to reckon with.

Edited by smokie36

Looks like we might be signing Willian. Never been convinced about this guy but i know AVB rates him. Tried to buy him when he was at Chelsea. Does anyone have an opinion on this guy?

What i do know carms is that he don't score many goals, about 1 in 7 in his pro career so considering we need our front 3 to all score a few goals its not very encouraging sad.png

Edited by alfieconn

What i do know carms is that he don't score many goals, about 1 in 7 in his pro career so considering we need our front 3 to all score a few goals its not very encouraging sad.png

Look at his key passes and assists though Alfredo...that is impressive.

Fair point smokes but i just have an horrible feeling about this one, don't ask me why facepalm.gif

First game, 3 points. job done.

Great to have a world class keeper who has nothing to do and then steps up.

Team bedding in, good to see Kaboul come on, Soldado very sharp and fingers crossed about Vertonghen's injury. Superd player and going to be crucial to our season. Just need the "beast" back to fitness!

Palace look like they are going to be a very decent addition to the league.

I thought Spurs played below their potential, but players are still finding out about each other and they got the job done. I liked the look of Soldado and wasn't that penalty a cracker, right in the corner of the net? Crystal Palace played above themselves IMO, as was expected being the first game and at home. I don't think they will have what it takes in the long run and see them as a bottom three. Time will tell.

funny you should say that bout his goals, cos the only time ive seen him was against the chavs last season?tbh i only watched cos we were rumored 2 b interested and he got a couple at the bridge and, was probably the nights stand out player,got his surprisingly large move not so long after, believe we were valuing him at 17 ish thst night he was playing quite high up initially on the left just behind a striker, left footed if i r correctly, but tbh 30 mil sounds 2 much money as you say for a 1-7 midfielder.

imo not really what we need mate, were almost inundated, slight exaggeration, with players that can provide quality supply, we need someone to take advantage of it.

Posted on the CTH thread but in case you missed it,

Mine does the same. I wish there was an option to hear the crowd noises without any commentary.

Strange ! for the arsenal game what ever i had the audio on i still couldn't hear any crowd noise cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif well apart from the last 10 minutesbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png

Hey Rijit, I haven't been able to access The Guardian online in days. Tried different browsers, no go. What's up ? Murdoch sabotage ?facepalm.gif

Nah mate more likely to be another victim of sharkskins Thai democracy clap2.gif

don't know the specifics of adeboys countries tradition on family death is but if its anything like the west indian traditional 'funeral ' they have something like a.7 or 9day family mourning period. saying that unfortunately i reckon carms is right we've seen the last of adeboy in.a spurs shirt. and alfie thouht Rose did ok yesterday he's strong and vv quick ,with a little more time.will probably be more than decent. with naughton and asseo boy as bac up atm were fine ,or u reckon not ?

So did i rij, but the reason why i said we need another left back is because we can't go through the season with only one as it looks like bae will be leaving.I suppose we have Fryers as well but AVB is talking about him for the 4th centre half spot, so that means 3 centre halfs and one natural left back with Fryers to cover both positions which is very light if you ask me sad.png

yeah defo cant got through the season with just one, but short term we've got naughton, as 4 fryers, its in vb we trust for that one!!!!! cos the only time ive seen him he was totally shocking . but really I'm surprised vb aint given asseoboy ANY time in t pre season, really defo points to him leaving. i've got to say in the past i've been a fan, always thought the crritism on his distribution was a bit over stated, but hey ho its onwards and upwards happily with rose me thinks. Unless Southampton get relegated or really stutter and we can go and get shaw,,,,,, he's QUALITY, ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBTS the next England left bac.

If it went om thought he was gonna chin the cameraman clap2.gif he's got some points though, u stuck it on the arse wipes thread smokes,

mind u smokes that villa team are gonna upset a few this season , talk about street fighters!!! I make them and Southampton my 'surpise'

packages

Well it seems another one gone. Scott Parker off to Fulham. Only the papers but it looks farly solid info.

Good luck to him. Always gave 100% and nice to see him stay in the premier league with Martin Jol rather than the championship with scrotum face.

Assou Ekotto to follow soon i presume and another player sad to see depart but he's not an AVB style player

Edited by carmine

Do you guys think that buying so many players will harm your start to the season? If reports and what you guys are saying is true, you could have 5 or 6 new first team players. I'm not denying you will be a stronger team, but there is always the risk of players (or the team) taking time to adapt.

Nice win for our U21's lasr night beating Man City 6-3 We have real talent in this young side but it was very nice to see Sandro getting a run out.

With our depth in midfield he should be eased back in nice and slowly.

• Like 1

Do you guys think that buying so many players will harm your start to the season? If reports and what you guys are saying is true, you could have 5 or 6 new first team players. I'm not denying you will be a stronger team, but there is always the risk of players (or the team) taking time to adapt.

The season has started and we won our first game facepalm.gif all jokes aside it should take time for the newbies to gel, yes correct smile.png

Footnote : Is that the first time ever that mjj has said something sensible on here ?laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn

I think Wenger will be forced to resign.

Not sure where it's all gone wrong.

Money and support from owner.

Total failure. Last minute panic buys won't sort it.

Honourable man would offer his resignation.

Spurs. Ok start. New players, more to come.

Plus AVB.

The season has started and we won our first game facepalm.gif all jokes aside it should take time for the newbies to gel, yes correct smile.png

Footnote : Is that the first time ever that mjj has said something sensible on here ?laugh.png

So that's one ahead of you then! ;-)

• Like 1

Hey Rijit, I haven't been able to access The Guardian online in days. Tried different browsers, no go. What's up ? Murdoch sabotage ?facepalm.gif

Nah mate more likely to be another victim of sharkskins Thai democracy clap2.gif

That could be, eh ? What has the Guardian done to piss off the Thais ? But, I bet you are on target.

That could be, eh ? What has the Guardian done to piss off the Thais ? But, I bet you are on target.

it's working fine for me. what ISP you with? more likely a DNS issue or something.

it's working fine for me. what ISP you with? more likely a DNS issue or something.

Hey Stevie. Not to hijack the Totts thread, but its a True ADSL set up. I've never had problems with accessing the Guardian until the past week, and the True setup dates back months. I'm not tech savvy at all.

First game, 3 points. job done.

Great to have a world class keeper who has nothing to do and then steps up.

Team bedding in, good to see Kaboul come on, Soldado very sharp and fingers crossed about Vertonghen's injury. Superd player and going to be crucial to our season. Just need the "beast" back to fitness!

Palace look like they are going to be a very decent addition to the league.

I thought Spurs played below their potential, but players are still finding out about each other and they got the job done. I liked the look of Soldado and wasn't that penalty a cracker, right in the corner of the net? Crystal Palace played above themselves IMO, as was expected being the first game and at home. I don't think they will have what it takes in the long run and see them as a bottom three. Time will tell.

To be fair ups i don't think you will see a lot of silky football from Spurs this season, more a case of knocking teams over with our power and speed thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Hey Stevie. Not to hijack the Totts thread, but its a True ADSL set up. I've never had problems with accessing the Guardian until the past week, and the True setup dates back months. I'm not tech savvy at all.

try clearing out your browser history and cache and then trying again. that usually sorts out problematic sites. i'm with CAT so it's definitely not a thailand issue.