Tottenham Thread

chonabot

The problem you will have if you sell Bale is then attracting good players. It doesn't send out a good message, but £85m is a lot of wonga. Really Spurs need to keep him for another year and get the CL football, then if he wants to go, ok, and you will have the CL carrot for future targets.

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

3 games and no goals from open play! A brilliant £107m spent Loser!

You are right Smokie, be careful what you post. 5555555555

It's nice to see the Spuds on here all giddy. Welcome chaps and make the most of it. But don't get too angry when it goes Pear shaped and we go onto your thread to give you a bit of the same. thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif width=25 alt=thumbsup.gif>

I was going to use this defeat to ram the above down your throats. However, for the neutral it was a cracking game. So I'll save it for another day. tongue.png

Always very nicely cut grass at the Emirates I seem to recall.

Time now for Mr Villas-Boas and Mr Baldini to put goals where the money is.

Spurs to go handsomely top.

Enjoy.

I'm sure Arsenal fans did quite "enjoy" Spurs spend 100m quid , Arsenal not a penny .Spurs didn't miss GB at all rolleyes.gif good game though...... for the neutral.

being dead serious now boys.

i watched the game yesterday and one thing that really stood out was how easily you let Swansea dictate, play the ball through the middle and out wide in the 2nd to final 3rd of the pitch.

i think you've got real issues there and would be a little suspect in AVB not being able to see that and pick up on the situation.

do you not think ?

believe me against top opposition you will get get carved apart and it may cost you dearly and leave you wanting at the back end of the season.

more importantly if you have aspirations of playing CL football teams will pick up on it and it will be your achillies heal.

Solutions tige !

i'd ask for a refund alfie ! tongue.png

100 million spent and still not a goal scored in open play in over 270 minutes in this years EPL. cheesy.gif

Edited by tigerfish

3 games and no goals from open play! A brilliant £107m spent Loser!

Except for beating the mighty Tbilisi, LOL.

I'm sure someone will be along soon with the obligatory 'they need time to gel' spiel.

Funny you should mention that wooloomooloo.

On an equally creative and original note: " What an absolute disaster. A 1 nil loss to the arsenal at the Emirates. Might as well not bother coming out for the remaining 35 games."

I will be watching your performance closely as the season progresses.

Arsenal played well and deserved the win. Always disappointing to lose a north London derby but as the season pans out i feel we'll go from strength to strength. Its a scratch team thats yet to gel. Christmas is the better indicator of where we all are. The linking up, individual awareness and general understanding amongst a new team will take a while but its clearly there and will happen in time. Chadli and Townsend looked good on either side but Soldado was too isolated. i was surprised how well Ramsey played. Probably the best i've seen him play.

The injury to Capoue looks nasty and we'll have to wait on that one but at least we have Sandro back.

• Like 1

Always very nicely cut grass at the Emirates I seem to recall.

Time now for Mr Villas-Boas and Mr Baldini to put goals where the money is.

Spurs to go handsomely top.

Enjoy.

I'm sure Arsenal fans did quite "enjoy" Spurs spend 100m quid , Arsenal not a penny .Spurs didn't miss GB at all rolleyes.gif good game though...... for the neutral.

Then again we could be Man Utd watching our side slip into a very visible decline with a manager thats hopelessly out of his depth, tactically naive and inept, looking frightened of his own shadow. smile.png

Arsenal played well and deserved the win. Always disappointing to lose a north London derby but as the season pans out i feel we'll go from strength to strength. Its a scratch team thats yet to gel. Christmas is the better indicator of where we all are. The linking up, individual awareness and general understanding amongst a new team will take a while but its clearly there and will happen in time. Chadli and Townsend looked good on either side but Soldado was too isolated. i was surprised how well Ramsey played. Probably the best i've seen him play.

The injury to Capoue looks nasty and we'll have to wait on that one but at least we have Sandro back.

yep agree with that carm's barring Chadli, nice control and he;s strong , he doasnt offer enuf urgency or threat, after 10ish he totally got behind and beat the full back 4 dead, got to the line ,had oddles of time but sent sent a lame pisspoor shot in he had enuf time to almost walk the ball into the net, he needs to step up a gear or ship out for me, if were gonna stick with that formation, which tbh dont suit soldado AT ALL, get the lennon bac on the right and townsend on the left. Oh and were now seeing CLEARLY what Ive been on about with verity's defending for how long? verity and rose need to take a dvd home and sit and watch it together and learn to play 2 gether QUICKLY.

Oh and what dawson was doing today, coming a x and covering for veritys poor positioning, gallas was doing last season and getting all sorts of stick for it. when assoe boy was playin he could cope,,,,, just ,,,,,but rose cant, 2 early 4 him

Edited by rijit

Good post Carms. It's also the first I have seen of Paulinho and he looks a good prospect

Oh theres positives amongst the obvious disappointment. Hopefully we will pay them back at WHL. I think we'll be a different prospect anyway in a couple of months and the period between august and christmas was always going to be about hanging in until the business end and winter arrives when squad strength becomes a factor.

The win was also probably more important to them than us. If it had been at WHL it would have been a real blow. Disappointed but not downtrodden!!

Eriksen should greatly improve the device to Soldado which is clearly a factor that needs addressing.

SP, it's not necessary the losing, it's the number of goals in open play that tickles.

Here's hoping that Spurs confidence deflates further when Real Madrid unveil Bale tomorrow.

I predict a mid-table finish for Spurs this season.

Good morning. Nice to see you posting. We need a new clown on the forum. laugh.png

• Like 1

You guys look strong at the back with the decent player(s) you bought last summer. Lots of energy and possession in the midfield and good pressing but hopelessly toothless up front - link play seemed to break down a lot. Yes - symptomatic of early days but a teensy bit worrying that none of your new guard have exactly shown any cameo wow bits. Having to bring Defoe on spoke volumes.

As opposed to Coutinho for Liverpool, who looks awesome every time he's on the ball .. the thought of him and Suarez together is a bit worrying for those of us who assumed the Reds would languish yet awhile.

Good post Carms. It's also the first I have seen of Paulinho and he looks a good prospect

Oh theres positives amongst the obvious disappointment. Hopefully we will pay them back at WHL. I think we'll be a different prospect anyway in a couple of months and the period between august and christmas was always going to be about hanging in until the business end and winter arrives when squad strength becomes a factor.

The win was also probably more important to them than us. If it had been at WHL it would have been a real blow. Disappointed but not downtrodden!!

Eriksen should greatly improve the device to Soldado which is clearly a factor that needs addressing.

Yes this and your last post nailed it for me.

We need a new left back still though.