Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Spurs always used to have excellent keepers when I were a lad!

In the last two games our Pole looks like he is turning into an excellent shot stopper with lightning reactions at last, but sweeper?

Terrifying - needs an electric fence around the 18 yard box to stop the bu$$er running out like a mad cowfacepalm.gif

Edited by SantiSuk

When you were a lad, was it Ditchburn, Brown, Clemence or Jennings? wink.png

Jennings and Clemence. I was a goalie m'self and my heros were successively Len Yashin, Gordon Banks and Pat Jennings.

Unfortunately I was so unsuited to the role, I took up reffing by the age of 16sad.png

Alfie, if it was all about possession, passes and shot Liverpool would be top of the league (come the end of the season I mean) . We dominate the ball most games.

He's not saying that is he! The inference is that possession, pass completion and shots on and off target are a fair indication of what happened in the game. Arsenal won the game deservedly as i posted after the game but so they should have, playing a scratch side at home. They are also inferring it should have been something other than a narrow win, tending to forget a couple of times we very nearly scored

Re your last point. Last seasons Liverpool tended to over complicate their game at times when a direct route would have worked better. There were times when the opposition keeper could have left the pitch for a cuppa.

Is that dominating a game?

Alfie, if it was all about possession, passes and shot Liverpool would be top of the league (come the end of the season I mean) . We dominate the ball most games.

And your point is ?

YB, i just showed the stats to point out that wasn't as one sided as Tiger was implying when he said

if it wasn't for your keeper it could have been 5 - 0
Edited by alfieconn

He's not saying that is he! The inference is that possession, pass completion and shots on and off target are a fair indication of what happened in the game. Arsenal won the game deservedly as i posted after the game but so they should have, playing a scratch side at home. They are also inferring it should have been something other than a narrow win, tending to forget a couple of times we very nearly scored

Re your last point. Last seasons Liverpool tended to over complicate their game at times when a direct route would have worked better. There were times when the opposition keeper could have left the pitch for a cuppa.

Is that dominating a game?

Apologies, misunderstood the 'inferences'. Fair points, I stand corrected.

Again a fair point regarding Liverpool and I am sure there were games when the opposition's keeper could have gone for a cuppa. Your right, that is not dominating a game. We also have off days, real off days, Villa home and Southampton away being examples. Certainly would like them to be little direct at times in that final third and not look for the 'perfect goal' all the time.

However, I would also point out there were times when Liverpool had 60%+ possession, 20+ shots and the opposition keeper was man of the match. I would hope you agree that that is dominating a game.

And your point is ?

YB, i just showed the stats to point out that wasn't as one sided as Tiger was implying when he said

As stated, apologies Alfie, didn't read carefully enough, thought you were implying you should have got more out of the game because of the stats. Sorry Alfie.

And your point is ?

As stated, apologies Alfie, didn't read carefully enough, thought you were implying you should have got more out of the game because of the stats. Sorry Alfie.

And your point is ?

You must be the politest poster on this forum! biggrin.png

• Like 1

Hopefully, with time, he'll be a right bastard.

Don't be shy with Alfie YoungBrit. I hear he prefers a bit of slap and tickle.biggrin.png

• Like 1

When you were a lad, was it Ditchburn, Brown, Clemence or Jennings? wink.png

Jennings and Clemence. I was a goalie m'self and my heros were successively Len Yashin, Gordon Banks and Pat Jennings.

Unfortunately I was so unsuited to the role, I took up reffing by the age of 16sad.png

Lenny the Russian?......I think you mean Lev, the man in black, great goalkeeper.thumbsup.gif

And your point is ?

YB is a very nice young man, it's a shame theres not more like him on the football thread thumbsup.gif

And your point is ?

No problem YB, i know your still learning the game laugh.png

All this talk of goalkeepers and times gone by! Makes me think of the crazy guy Grobbelaar.

Lloris? Some would say the best gk in the EPL.

French national team captain.

I wouldn't argue.

lloris was comfortably the best in ligue un and the french number one. another one wenger let sail by.

And your point is ?

YB is a very nice young man, it's a shame theres not more like him on the football thread thumbsup.gif

Fair point Alfie. We al get a bit tribal at times.

And your point is ?

.....says the most argumentative petty poster on the forum! Lol.

And your point is ?

I wasn't aware of another YB on here! smile.png Cheers Alfie.

And your point is ?

No problem YB, i know your still learning the game laugh.png

Indeed, if you know anyone who knows anything about the game, please let me know. biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

Florentino Perez & Daniel Levy

September 2nd 2013

haha! get to <deleted> you. :)