Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Interesting comments from Arsena Wenger these last couple of days, he said that if Bale had not gone to Madrid Arsenal would not have got Ozil! Ironic that Spurs let their best player go, for a mamouth fee, then Arsenal sign the best player available. Wenger seems very pleased with the end result, interesting to see how it pans out, early days.

Interesting comments from Arsena Wenger these last couple of days, he said that if Bale had not gone to Madrid Arsenal would not have got Ozil! Ironic that Spurs let their best player go, for a mamouth fee, then Arsenal sign the best player available. Wenger seems very pleased with the end result, interesting to see how it pans out, early days.

Its not ironic at all. We had to let him go because he didn't want to play for us. We took top dollar. This meant that Madrid needed to recoup and Arsenal were able to appease their fans by buying a top quality player but one that was not the type of player they really needed.

All the purile talk of Levy trying to force Madrid not to sell to Arsenal is baseless childish crap. Utterly absurd. Common knowledge in bars amongst half cut football experts. Who honestly believes that could possibly have happened and to Madrid of all clubs, the biggest in the world. Having just paid a world record fee they will let themselves to muscled by a smaller team on which players they sell and to whom!!!

If Giroud gets injured, maybe Ozil will play center forward!!!

• Like 2

Looks like Eriksen is starting today (and hopefully Erik Lamela) which is without doubt the most needed arrival to the starting eleven. Any link up to Soldado from the midfield will be an improvement!

Vlad Chiriches doesn't look like his work permit will arrive on time and status of Kaboul's comeback, as usual seems unknown, so we can expect the same back four as last time out.

You could also say that if they hadn't bought Isco they also wouldn't have let Ozil go ! and why out of all the players they could have sold it was Ozil they let go.

As for the best player available, i think Suarez was needed more than Ozil.

Edited by alfieconn

You could also say that if they hadn't bought Isco they also wouldn't have let Ozil go ! and why out of all the players they could have sold it was Ozil they let go.

Without a doubt. Suarez was exactly what they needed. Stupid 40m offer then paid more and over the odds for Ozil.

Still let them sneer and gloat on. The mugs still won't win anythingbiggrin.png

Suarez is what you guys needed,still not convinced Soldado is up to it.

And how many minutes have you watched Soldado for exactly?

Perhaps long enough to know that he can't possibly be judged until he's given some decent service. Mindyou, after the first three games any service would be an improvement.

The only thing he has been able to do is take two penalties and he scored both times with consumate ease.

Ofcourse i would expect Suarez to be an improvement, considering he's one of the top five players in the world with a market value twice that of Soldado.

Toddle off Mr Edsmile.png

PS. Palace game is a must win for Moyesy or the pressures going to be immense.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Perhaps long enough to know that he can't possibly be judged until he's given some decent service. Mindyou, after the first three games any service would be an improvement.

The only thing he has been able to do is take two penalties and he scored both times with consumate ease.

Ofcourse i would expect Suarez to be an improvement, considering he's one of the top five players in the world with a market value twice that of Soldado.

PS. Palace game is a must win for Moyesy or the pressures going to be immense.coffee1.gif

Touched a nerve?

Touched a nerve?

Hardly!! Surely from my reply you can see you were talking cobblers again...

So, must win tonight for you mate. Van Persie to nick an early goal to calm the nerves then baton down the hatches for the 1-0 win. Ofcourse, if Palace scored first then we are going to have to agonize watching Moyesy crapping himself in the dugout looking like a wanted man! biggrin.png

Touched a nerve?

So, must win tonight for you mate. Van Persie to nick an early goal to calm the nerves then baton down the hatches for the 1-0 win. Ofcourse, if Palace scored first then we are going to have to agonize watching Moyesy crapping himself in the dugout looking like a wanted man! biggrin.png

Nani off the bench. No worries !whistling.gif

• Like 1

Touched a nerve?

Your funny!

We should all be very happy with that. Very decent performance all round.

Eriksen is a class act, the perfect player we need to link up Soldado. Best i've seen Rose play, although he needs to control his temper. No good stomping around like an angry midget. Aside of that he was excellent.

Townsend's going to be playing a big part this season and exciting to watch but he's rather greedy, which is probably an age thing but AVB needs to have a little word.

Whats going on with Kaboul? We are missing him.

We should all be very happy with that. Very decent performance all round.

Eriksen is a class act, the perfect player we need to link up Soldado. Best i've seen Rose play, although he needs to control his temper. No good stomping around like an angry midget. Aside of that he was excellent.

Townsend's going to be playing a big part this season and exciting to watch but he's rather greedy, which is probably an age thing but AVB needs to have a little word.

Whats going on with Kaboul? We are missing him.

Agreed, Erikson is a class player. The weight of his pass was superb.

Townsend does look a talent and must be highly regarded to be starting for you, your right thought about him liking a shot!!

First time on this forum... and surprised to see so many fans of Arse*** and Man U here, perhaps they need a little excitement:-)

Watched the game yesterday at Gullivers in Pattaya. It was one of the most complete performances I have seen from a Spurs side since the early 80's (still have season ticket at WHL)... Norwich are not the worst side in the PL, so good to have dominated from start to finish, and create many more goal scoring opportunities. Was relaxed throughout the game, and that certainly makes a welcome change :-)

Looks like Eriksen is a steal at 11 million, just what Spurs needed..Danny Rose looks a future England left back... we still have Lamela to adjust, Lennon and Capoue to return from injury, Ade to return, plus we had a very strong bench yesterday. I am certainly not counting my chickens yet, but United are not playing well, Chelsea not great, Man City stuttering a little, so it will be an interesting season. I believe a pattern will form after 8 games, then strong squads needed entering the winter/European competition period.

COYS

• Like 1

BTW. Ronaldo and a few others at RM are not at all happy they let Ozil go.

I think that has to be because of the silly amount of assists he got:

10/11 season "He finished the season with 25 assists, the highest for any player in any major European competition that season."

11/12 season "He finished atop the La Liga assists chart,with 17 assists."

12/13 season "At the end of the season Ozil had more assists then any other player in the league, with 26 assists."

68 assists in 105 appearances!

I think you're on the wrong forum, no? This is Tottenham.....

First time on this forum... and surprised to see so many fans of Arse*** and Man U here, perhaps they need a little excitement:-)

Watched the game yesterday at Gullivers in Pattaya. It was one of the most complete performances I have seen from a Spurs side since the early 80's (still have season ticket at WHL)... Norwich are not the worst side in the PL, so good to have dominated from start to finish, and create many more goal scoring opportunities. Was relaxed throughout the game, and that certainly makes a welcome change :-)

Looks like Eriksen is a steal at 11 million, just what Spurs needed..Danny Rose looks a future England left back... we still have Lamela to adjust, Lennon and Capoue to return from injury, Ade to return, plus we had a very strong bench yesterday. I am certainly not counting my chickens yet, but United are not playing well, Chelsea not great, Man City stuttering a little, so it will be an interesting season. I believe a pattern will form after 8 games, then strong squads needed entering the winter/European competition period.

COYS

Welcome to the Spurs thread Nick.

I did find myself chuckling at half time with this thought; Bale for 85.7m or the younger Christian Eriksen for 11m.

Now thats what i call a deal!!laugh.png

Lamela's brother has just been through a kidnapping ordeal and that might have something to do with him being benched. I doubt he contributed much during the week.

As you say, Adebayor to return but what player will we get? If he decides to fight for his place it'll be a huge bonus for AVB allowing to rotate one quality striker for another. (I don't rate Defoe in any capacity or formation)

10/11 season "He finished the season with 25 assists, the highest for any player in any major European competition that season."

12/13 season "At the end of the season Ozil had more assists then any other player in the league, with 26 assists."

Eriksen, Paulinho and Lamela are welcome at the Bridge.

I am sure Arsenal fans would love to hear those stats if they haven't already. I know we are in the Tottenham forum, I was merely giving a possible reason as to what someone said: that a few players at Real were not happy at Ozil being sold.

YoungBrit

Watched the game yesterday at Gullivers in Pattaya. It was one of the most complete performances I have seen from a Spurs side since the early 80's (still have season ticket at WHL)...

<deleted>, at home to Norwich?

All this spending has gone to your head....

wink.png

• Like 1

Watched the game yesterday at Gullivers in Pattaya. It was one of the most complete performances I have seen from a Spurs side since the early 80's (still have season ticket at WHL)...

wink.png

I agree, much the same as the euphoria of Ozil's two assists playing a mackem pub side that was also hindered by a bent official. clap2.gif Even that blind french ponce of a manager saw it was outsidewhistling.gif

wink.png

I agree, much the same as the euphoria of Ozil's two assists playing a mackem pub side that was also hindered by a bent official. clap2.gif Even that blind french ponce of a manager saw it was outsidewhistling.gif

Yes, but then again I wouldn't say that was "the most complete performance I have seen since the '80s".

Imagine what you'll do to the Norwegian minnows on Thursday night if you play like that.

whistling.gif

COYS

Welcome to the Spurs thread Nick.

I did find myself chuckling at half time with this thought; Bale for 85.7m or the younger Christian Eriksen for 11m.

Now thats what i call a deal!!laugh.png

Lamela's brother has just been through a kidnapping ordeal and that might have something to do with him being benched. I doubt he contributed much during the week.

As you say, Adebayor to return but what player will we get? If he decides to fight for his place it'll be a huge bonus for AVB allowing to rotate one quality striker for another. (I don't rate Defoe in any capacity or formation)

Thanks for the welcome... It was just one performance, but, looks like we've signed class in Eriksen. I like Capoue too, and Paulinho, and Soldado, and Chadli..... yet to really see Lamela, and Chirches waiting for work permit... should be interesting. Was a pleasure to watch a game that we so totally dominated... even relaxed at the end, I hope it's the same next week,

wink.png

Yes, but then again I wouldn't say that was "the most complete performance I have seen since the '80s".

Imagine what you'll do to the Norwegian minnows on Thursday night if you play like that.

whistling.gif

Spending??? We made a profit of 3 million on transfers this summer... only the football yesterday went to my head... and you are still on the wrong forum, need directions?

Oh don't worry Nick, you'll soon get the gist of it here. It only takes a small wobble and your fellow tiny totts are all over the other forums like a rash.

As for spending, I wasn't referring to how you paid for it, but the number and value of players you've brought in, several of which were a club record on their own.

Being pedantic doesn't work in here, we all know you sold Bale for a fortune, how do you think we got Özil?

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Oh don't worry Nick, you'll soon get the gist of it here. It only takes a small wobble and your fellow tiny totts are all over the other forums like a rash.

As for spending, I wasn't referring to how you paid for it, but the number and value of players you've brought in, several of which were a club record on their own.

Being pedantic doesn't work in here, we all know you sold Bale for a fortune, how do you think we got Özil?

biggrin.png

Read my earlier post Chicy

Posted Yesterday, 10:21

biggrin.png

Read my earlier post Chicy

Posted Yesterday, 10:21

Nice one. But I think the 50m euros went straight into the account Bale's fee came out of.

biggrin.png