Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Sandro has passed the medical and is onboard. I think this will prove to be a terrific signing. Our midfield is looking complete, now to address the centre back/right back situation.

Anyone know of Cudicini's progress? Rednapp does'nt seen to want to use Alnwick, so what about a replacement if Cudicini isn't going to play again.

Sandro has passed the medical and is onboard. I think this will prove to be a terrific signing. Our midfield is looking complete, now to address the centre back/right back situation.

Anyone know of Cudicini's progress? Rednapp does'nt seen to want to use Alnwick, so what about a replacement if Cudicini isn't going to play again.

I think you mean a triffic signing :) .

Tend to disagree with you about Corluka, taking into account he looks gangly and slow i cannot remember any winger getting past him for speed and trickery though he has been at fault for ball watching at the far post a couple of times.

It would be nice to see Walker playing today to see what he is like, lets hope he is fit.

I think you mean a triffic signing :) .

Tend to disagree with you about Corluka, taking into account he looks gangly and slow i cannot remember any winger getting past him for speed and trickery though he has been at fault for ball watching at the far post a couple of times.

It would be nice to see Walker playing today to see what he is like, lets hope he is fit.

I'm sure he will play. He's supposed to be very good.

My concerns with Corluka are as you say, that he tends to ball watch, although he is a player with a lot of ability

^ Walker played well in a convincing win. Although we should have been more direct and scored a few more goals.

Again its a perfect day's football a late goal for Birmingham in particular left me happy. And the scammers well... :)

I'm stuck offshore and havn't seen a game in 3 weeks but curious to hear more on the Walker lad. Any chance of being good enough to push Corluka out?

Let's see how he does against Sunderland. But he looks a very good player

Rafa Benitez admits Tottenham's gruelling run-in gives Liverpool hope in the race for fourth spot.

The Reds are four points behind Harry Redknapp's men, who still have a game in hand.However, Spurs still have to face Man City, Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Benitez believes his team will have opportunities to cut the gap providing there are no major slip ups in the remaining six fixtures.

The above is Benitez talking on the official Liverpool website.

I would have thought that he would be better off concentrating on his own team rather talking about Spurs dropping points but perhaps he is more worried than he is making out :D .

He also seems to have forgot that there are 2 other teams involved in the fight for 4th place :) .

Edited by alfieconn

Rafa Benitez admits Tottenham's gruelling run-in gives Liverpool hope in the race for fourth spot.

The Reds are four points behind Harry Redknapp's men, who still have a game in hand.However, Spurs still have to face Man City, Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Benitez believes his team will have opportunities to cut the gap providing there are no major slip ups in the remaining six fixtures.

The above is Benitez talking on the official Liverpool website.

I would have thought that he would be better off concentrating on his own team rather talking about Spurs dropping points but perhaps he is more worried than he is making out :D .

He also seems to have forgot that there are 2 other teams involved in the fight for 4th place :) .

He knows Tottenham and City are in the driving seat for now. If i were him i'd be keeping just as keener eye on Villa and Everton because any slip ups is more likely to cost them 7th spot rather than 4th.

BTW, that was a good win by Tevez the other night.........

Well chaps, this is an interesting one. Woodgate, King, Dawson apparently all out today. Looks like we'll have to play Kaboul alongside Bassong. Atleast they speak the same language, but i doubt young Bassong is looking forward to this. Lets hope i'm wrong about Younis.

Palacios struggling with injury but i think our depth in midfield is starting to show and great to have Defoe back.

Now this would be a great three points for the yids!!!!

Well chaps, this is an interesting one. Woodgate, King, Dawson apparently all out today. Looks like we'll have to play Kaboul alongside Bassong. Atleast they speak the same language, but i doubt young Bassong is looking forward to this. Lets hope i'm wrong about Younis.

Palacios struggling with injury but i think our depth in midfield is starting to show and great to have Defoe back.

Hi, i thought i'd finally dive in after months lurking in the back ground! :)

As you say Carmine, think this would be a great 3 points, as bad as Sunderland were against Liverpool, i think at their place they are a different proposition. Dawson is a big loss with Ledley and Woodgate already out, i have been impressed with Bassong this season and just hope Kaboul steps up.

But with Defoe back, the big man/little man combo should cause them problems.

I have been made even more nervous by Lawro's prediction of an away win on the BBC Sport website!!

Come On!! :D

As you say Carmine, think this would be a great 3 points, as bad as Sunderland were against Liverpool, i think at their place they are a different proposition. Dawson is a big loss with Ledley and Woodgate already out, i have been impressed with Bassong this season and just hope Kaboul steps up.

I have been made even more nervous by Lawro's prediction of an away win on the BBC Sport website!!

Know what you mean, you don't want that <deleted> backing you do you :D

Sorry Spuds ... you were beaten by Sunderland today in an enthralling game at the Stadium of Light. But for Craig Gordon it could have finished 4-3 to Spuds. But for Gomes, a miskick by Jones in front of goal and a harsh decision ruling out Ferdinand's goal it could have finished anything from 7-1 to 7-4.

Cracking game.

Although Man City 4-0 up at Burnley after 20 minutes will take some beating for fun today ...

Sorry Spuds ... you were beaten by Sunderland today in an enthralling game at the Stadium of Light. But for Craig Gordon it could have finished 4-3 to Spuds. But for Gomes, a miskick by Jones in front of goal and a harsh decision ruling out Ferdinand's goal it could have finished anything from 7-1 to 7-4.

Cracking game.

Although Man City 4-0 up at Burnley after 20 minutes will take some beating for fun today ...

mmh, not avery good day at the office , even the gd advantage is cut short,

never mind, :) trust in twitchy, hes a top 4 sorta bloke

Take a deep breath. That was the best I've seen Sunderland play in years. Bloody typical we didn't play badly made some good chances but they simply played out of their skin. Fair play to them.

Not the result we wanted but I take heart from the way we tried to pull it back. Plenty more twists and turns in this race I hope. :)

If it's any consolation that is the best passing and attacking display - despite the misses - by Sunderland for several seasons.

It was a very open game from the first until the last minute. More like a cup-tie than a regular PL game.

can i assume you mean , an attack minded , middle table team ,playing open footbal , and a top 4 , champions league bound ,outfit likes of spurs couldnt deal with it?,

that fella bent got a,couple didnt he??.

ps ,did robbie keane score for celtic today?? apparently he scores often at celtic??

If it's any consolation that is the best passing and attacking display - despite the misses - by Sunderland for several seasons.

It was a very open game from the first until the last minute. More like a cup-tie than a regular PL game.

can i assume you mean , an attack minded , middle table team ,playing open footbal , and a top 4 , champions league bound ,outfit likes of spurs couldnt deal with it?,

that fella bent got a,couple didnt he??.

ps ,did robbie keane score for celtic today?? apparently he scores often at celtic??

Pretty much spot on. Sunderland haven't been able to compete with the top teams in the PL league for a long time, a whole decade since the days of Niall Quinn and Kevin Phillips were pushing Sunderland into the dizzy heights of 7th and even pushing for a top 3 place one Christmas.

Don't feel too deflated .. Sunderland beat Arsenal and Liverpool at home this season ... but will probably lose in an upcoming home game with Burnley, such is the unpredictability of Sunderland AFC.

yeah, and your point is :) .

To be fair Imola i don't really see how you can have a pop at anyone the state your mob are in.

I surprised that you didn't say the crack's are appearing :D:D .

Edited by alfieconn

yeah, and your point is :D .

To be fair Imola i don't really see how you can have a pop at anyone the state your mob are in.

I think Pav's scored more per game than Keane since his loan but but not sure and yes,it's irrelevent.

Ohh but the cracks are appearing....i think we've lost our seond game in the last fifteen :D

Mr Imola, where are your mob anyway, i could'nt see you lot down the table... :)

Well played, you deserved the win. Always thought Steed was a quality player going right back to his Fulham days :)

yeah, and your point is :D .

at west ham , we dont get a lot of joy these days, so any spurs defeat helps plaster over the major subsidence at ours :D

we got an easy one tonight, everton away :)

Behold...the curse of Lawrenson :D

I shall be checking out "Lawro's Predictions" on BBC Sport with some trepidation in future on Saturday mornings :D

Behold...the curse of Lawrenson :D

I shall be checking out "Lawro's Predictions" on BBC Sport with some trepidation in future on Saturday mornings :D

Sorry!! :D I think i should have stayed lurking! Great game for the neutrals blah blah blah :D

A bit of injury news /gossip.

1. Dawson

2. Corluka

3. Huddlestone …should all be fit for Sunday.

4. Palacios will not be be risked.

5. Lennon is fit but not match fit and may only make the bench.

6. Defoe is still doubtful.

7. King is a possibility but may be saved for Chelsea….

8. Bentley also has niggle.

Crikey thats nearly a team there :) , lets hope none of them have a relapse and are fit for the rest of the season :D .

1. Dawson

2. Corluka

Crikey thats nearly a team there :) , lets hope none of them have a relapse and are fit for the rest of the season :D .

That;ps nothing, Pompey are sh*te AND have more than that missing..

No excuses please.. :D

1. Dawson

2. Corluka

I would only play Bentley and Huddlestone out of that lot. I've no doubt Mr Conn and i will debate, but having watched Pompey recently (and with their injuries) we should still win although they'll be a lot tougher than at the Lane, with nothing to lose.

My priority is overwhelmingly the CL. With Dawson out we need Ledley partnering Bassong. Palacios, in particular and Defoe, Lennon will be crucial to get results in the next three league games, and i see no reason why not