Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I like Lamela. I said it from day one.

Same with Paulinho.

Jogo fcking bonito.

Not easy on here is it? biggrin.png

Mary got incarcerated...or was it incinwrated?

Anyway our team is not playing great football but still in the running. I'm happy with that as the players understanding of each other can only improve.

There you are SP...I threw you a clue! tongue.png

Still here .

Keep on spouting your bile little boy.

Keep up with the insults too....I enjoy a really good one....but you need to try a lot harder. thumbsup.gif

Alfie. I hear you. Can you park your dislike for Chelsea for a moment so we can talk objectively please?

I have no gripe with Spurs. Just talking about football matters as best I can.

(Ancelotti bought Torres, not Mourhino. Mourhino is doing his best with the guy.)

Cheers.

I'm talking objectively, i wasn't talking about Mourinho buying Torres, i was talking about Chelsea as a club on a spending spree for the last 10 years, you come out with crap and when i reply it's because of my dislike for the chavs facepalm.gif

You seem to be having a dig about Spurs spending big on Lamela and when i mention Willian ( which is the same situation) there's no reply facepalm.gif

You talk about Caulker,

And why did they let Caulker go?

All easy with hindsight maybe.... but there's a bit of a lack of joined up thinking creeping in?

when you probaly havn't even see him play many games not to mention any mistakes he made, plus he's been replaced by Chiriches so how is that "lack of joined up creeping in " ?

Do carry on having a pop and i will carry on knocking your digs back biggrin.png

All easy with hindsight maybe.... but there's a bit of a lack of joined up thinking creeping in?

when you probaly havn't even see him play many games not to mention any mistakes he made, plus he's been replaced by Chiriches so how is that "lack of joined up creeping in " ?

Do carry on having a pop and i will carry on knocking your digs back biggrin.png

Alfie, regarding Caulker I was surprised you let him go. I would like to say I have followed his career fairly closely due to him being a step brother of someone I went to school with. I don't remember any mistakes? Of course I haven't watched every minute he played but thought the club regarding him very highly and I was surprised you replaced him although I don't know much about the fella who you got in. Is he that much better?

YB

I like Lamela. I said it from day one.

Same with Paulinho.

Jogo fcking bonito.

Not easy on here is it? biggrin.png

Mary got incarcerated...or was it incinwrated?

Anyway our team is not playing great football but still in the running. I'm happy with that as the players understanding of each other can only improve.

There you are SP...I threw you a clue! tongue.png

Still here .

Keep on spouting your bile little boy.

Keep up with the insults too....I enjoy a really good one....but you need to try a lot harder. thumbsup.gif

Nothing to try harder for little boy.

Funny to watch everyone rip you & your clan new <deleted> everyday though!

For the record .Spurs are shit and as dull as ditch water to watch! 8th at best and trophyless again!!

• Like 2

OK. So we have had insults thrown at Torres and Abramovich.

Currently, the criticism of Mourhino is implied rather than explicit although it is pretty obvious he is not at all well liked by opposition teams.

I wonder why.

Personally I hate Abrahamovich for working with Putin and stealing all that money from the Russian people - the fact that he's spent it on a toy football club and is desperate for a British passport puts him in the same boat as Al Fayed as far as I'm concerned.

And he's definitely been a big part of screwing up the market for players, let's face it. The only reason Liverpool bought that carthorse Carroll for 35m is that they were desperate for him and Newcastle knew they had the cash.

Torres isn't worth 50m in anyone's book, not for the number of goals he scores. But Abrahamovich doesn't care, it's not his money.

And Levy this season spent pretty much the same money as City.

( yes, I know Spurs sold Bale and some dead wood, excluding Caulker! so your net spend was about £3m)

All sorts of hypocrisy going on here.

So why did Spurs buy Lamela?

For a lot of money.

This has already been answered by carms smile.png

And where was Willian going to fit?

Well if they'd bought William they obviously wouldn't have bought either Eriksen or Lamela or perhaps even both, so somewhere in the attacking 3 midfield.

So why did Chelsea buy Willian ?

For a lot of money

OK. So we have had insults thrown at Torres and Abramovich.

Currently, the criticism of Mourhino is implied rather than explicit although it is pretty obvious he is not at all well liked by opposition teams.

I wonder why.

Personally I hate Abrahamovich for working with Putin and stealing all that money from the Russian people - the fact that he's spent it on a toy football club and is desperate for a British passport puts him in the same boat as Al Fayed as far as I'm concerned.

And he's definitely been a big part of screwing up the market for players, let's face it. The only reason Liverpool bought that carthorse Carroll for 35m is that they were desperate for him and Newcastle knew they had the cash.

Torres isn't worth 50m in anyone's book, not for the number of goals he scores. But Abrahamovich doesn't care, it's not his money.

( yes, I know Spurs sold Bale and some dead wood, excluding Caulker! so your net spend was about £3m)

Is it hypocritical to say we had to sell our best player? Don't really get your angle. fact is, we had to weaken in order to get the money to rebuild. Why is that hypocrisy. Why is it hypocrisy that we did so by managing the books well?

I really don't get this whole angle being touted about us being hypocritical about spending, when once again, we had to weaken ourselves in order to buy new when infact all we were doing was "reinvesting."

Perhaps the truth hurts but the fact is, we were lucky in Real Madrid's consumate stupidity, did a deal, sold other players and therefore allowed ourselves to reinvest.

If thats hypocrisy then so be it. I call it the luck of the draw and sound business acumen

Alfie, regarding Caulker I was surprised you let him go. I would like to say I have followed his career fairly closely due to him being a step brother of someone I went to school with. I don't remember any mistakes? Of course I haven't watched every minute he played but thought the club regarding him very highly and I was surprised you replaced him although I don't know much about the fella who you got in. Is he that much better?

YB

Well YB, there was 3 instances that i can remember and iv'e got a bad memory biggrin.png

I think with young players we have to rely on the manager being judge and jury, they get paid a lot of money to make these decisions and are watching the players every day in training and probaly see things that we wouldn't even notice in a match.

Watch Caulker at 2.23 on this : Stopping like an oil tanker springs to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blyhZaBeM9I

YB

Well YB, there was 3 instances that i can remember and iv'e got a bad memory biggrin.png

I think with young players we have to rely on the manager being judge and jury, they get paid a lot of money to make these decisions and are watching the players every day in training and probaly see things that we wouldn't even notice in a match.

Watch Caulker at 2.23 on this : Stopping like an oil tanker springs to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blyhZaBeM9I

Well Caulker also wanted first team appearances and who would you choose between him and Vertonghen! Secondly, although still getting to grips with the pace of the league, Cricriches already looks a much more mobile AVB style center back.

Caulker wasn't going to get much first team selection in the premier league for us so it probably suited him to leave and join Cardiff where he'll play every week

Just for the record, Alfie made no mention of Willian that I can see.

Alfie deleted my reference to Willian when he got the strop about Torres and spending sprees.

And in response to Smokie, I think it needs to be said, that whilst being a chav I have been a consistent supporter of the efforts being made at Spurs.

Ok point taken. Spurs is none of my business.

Thats strange, neither did you when i compared his position of playing very few games to that of Lamela facepalm.gif

Why are you so confrontational Alfie?

To be fair sp, you come on here having a dig by asking a question that brother carms has rightfully answered in the previous post and when i basicly ask the same question back you start saying i'm being confrontational biggrin.png if you can't take it then don't give it as my old nan use to say laugh.png

Just for the record, Alfie made no mention of Willian that I can see.

Alfie deleted my reference to Willian when he got the strop about Torres and spending sprees.

And in response to Smokie, I think it needs to be said, that whilst being a chav I have been a consistent supporter of the efforts being made at Spurs.

Ok point taken. Spurs is none of my business.

Thats strange, neither did you when i compared his position of playing very few games to that of Lamela facepalm.gif

Why are you so confrontational Alfie?

To be fair sp, you come on here having a dig by asking a question that brother carms has rightfully answered in the previous post and when i basicly ask the same question back you start saying i'm being confrontational biggrin.png if you can't take it then don't give it as my old nan use to say laugh.png

Tough women those old nans.

• Like 1

Well as I see it Alfie, I'm having a little bit of a discussion with carmine who's opinions I respect and you want to seem to come in from the side with a head butt.

If carmine tells me I have got something badly wrong and talking like a piss pot, I have no problem taking it on the chin.

Well as I see it Alfie, I'm having a little bit of a discussion with carmine who's opinions I respect and you want to seem to come in from the side with a head butt.

If carmine tells me I have got something badly wrong and talking like a piss pot, I have no problem taking it on the chin.

So after 5 or 6 of my posts about Lamela you come out with

Well as I see it Alfie, I'm having a little bit of a discussion with carmine

Should have just said straight away ! and as carms rightly said

Alfies point the other day about not buying Lamela had we the beauty of hindsight seeing the rapid rise of Townsend is a point well

i was the first one to bring up the subject of buying Lamela.

Anyway i think you need to man up a bit or just put me on ignore whistling.gif

In fairness to the tiny totts, they have done it out of their own pocket and not out of a pot of stolen money (cf. Chelsea/Man City, neither of whom are capable of turning a profit without accounting shenanigens from their owners).

Actually i don't think you have this badly wrong and i understand the angle you are coming from. Its just such a srange situation we found ourselves in. Having a very talented, world class young player, massively over valued whilst still be relatively unproven.

Historically we have always had to weaken in order to buy. No complaints, as long as the right players were sold, thats business. Saying that, Van Der Vaart out, Dempsey in was infuriating, as was not replacing Modric properly.

My point is that Madrid put us in an incredible one off situation whereby we really had no other choice but to spend big. The fans would not accept the owners pocketing the cash either. Theres no hypocrisy, just a ludicrous piece of good fortune created by Florentino Perez, who i believe to be a little insane! So, ultimately we were forced to sell Bale, offloaded another 27m worth of squad/fringe players and hey presto theres 113m in the bank. Whats a club to do? We couldn't leave ourselves weakened and we couldn't just leave in in the bank. Our new stadium build is set to start next year and we need CL revenues in just the same way Arsenal did.

Wheres the hypocrisy in us being thrown into a one off situation like the City Chelsea financial power houses and choosing to reinvest in our squad. I think its highly combinable. Now were going to have to wait until next summer when they offer us another 80m for Andros Townsendbiggrin.png

I would add that we were also very lucky in that we already had Baldini on board and without him i doubt if we would have been able to identify these players and done the deals in time.

• Like 1

Actually i don't think you have this badly wrong and i understand the angle you are coming from. Its just such a srange situation we found ourselves in. Having a very talented, world class young player, massively over valued whilst still be relatively unproven.

Historically we have always had to weaken in order to buy. No complaints, as long as the right players were sold, thats business. Saying that, Van Der Vaart out, Dempsey in was infuriating, as was not replacing Modric properly.

My point is that Madrid put us in an incredible one off situation whereby we really had no other choice but to spend big. The fans would not accept the owners pocketing the cash either. Theres no hypocrisy, just a ludicrous piece of good fortune created by Florentino Perez, who i believe to be a little insane! So, ultimately we were forced to sell Bale, offloaded another 27m worth of squad/fringe players and hey presto theres 113m in the bank. Whats a club to do? We couldn't leave ourselves weakened and we couldn't just leave in in the bank. Our new stadium build is set to start next year and we need CL revenues in just the same way Arsenal did.

Wheres the hypocrisy in us being thrown into a one off situation like the City Chelsea financial power houses and choosing to reinvest in our squad. I think its highly combinable. Now were going to have to wait until next summer when they offer us another 80m for Andros Townsendbiggrin.png

I would add that we were also very lucky in that we already had Baldini on board and without him i doubt if we would have been able to identify these players and done the deals in time.

Accepted carmine. Well reasoned and accurate.

Cheers.

In fairness to the tiny totts, they have done it out of their own pocket and not out of a pot of stolen money (cf. Chelsea/Man City, neither of whom are capable of turning a profit without accounting shenanigens from their owners).

Yep. True Chicog.

Politics, money, sport. Insolvable.

Good luck in Europe.

Cheers.

Townsend and Lamela. Nice problem to have.

Not sure what this 'kid glove' treatment for Lamela is all about. Maybe throw him in the deep end in Europa?

If he's any good he should shine.

(Tbh. I think Mourhino did the honourable thing with Lukaku with the World Cup coming up.)

Anyway, I hear some Tottenham fans making a case for Adebayor in the new system.

Bottom line. AVB has got some great assets now. Just needs to martial it all together.

2 players for every position at least by the looks of it.

Carmine may want to comment about left back etc. Word on the street is Naughton is questionable.

What kid glove treatment of Lamela ?

We already have facepalm.gif your knowledge of Spurs astounds me smile.png

Townsend and Lamela. Nice problem to have.

Not sure what this 'kid glove' treatment for Lamela is all about. Maybe throw him in the deep end in Europa?

If he's any good he should shine.

(Tbh. I think Mourhino did the honourable thing with Lukaku with the World Cup coming up.)

Anyway, I hear some Tottenham fans making a case for Adebayor in the new system.

Bottom line. AVB has got some great assets now. Just needs to martial it all together.

2 players for every position at least by the looks of it.

Carmine may want to comment about left back etc. Word on the street is Naughton is questionable.

What kid glove treatment of Lamela ?

We already have facepalm.gif your knowledge of Spurs astounds me smile.png

The deep end of Europa is about what?..........Crystal Palace, Sunderland, QPR? wink.png

• Like 1

Good post that and i very happy to see that you agree.... it is the be all and end all to qualify for the Champions League especially as the money was put back into the playing side of things and Joe is funding the new stadium.

One thing i do not see is your claim that Lamela is "world class" would you also say that Townsend is world class then?

Good post that and i very happy to see that you agree.... it is the be all and end all to qualify for the Champions League especially as the money was put back into the playing side of things and Joe is funding the new stadium.

One thing i do not see is your claim that Lamela is "world class" would you also say that Townsend is world class then?

We paid the money for Erik Lamela because he has the potential to be world class. This was done on the basis of his initial club appearances and four int'l caps.

I need to see Townsend complete the season to answer about his potential.

Stop clutching at straws

who's opinions I respect and you want to seem to come in from the side with a head butt.

We paid the money for Erik Lamela because he has the potential to be world class. This was done on the basis of his initial club appearances and four int'l caps.

I need to see Townsend complete the season to answer about his potential.

Stop clutching at straws

I thought you paid the money for his initial club performances not appearances facepalm.gif

You said..."having a very talented world class young player" and then ended by saying he is still relatively unproven?? facepalm.gif

Sorry mate but as per usual i am just sift through your nonsensical remarks i would say it is clear from your above comments that you have no idea about Lamela and YOU are the one clutching a <deleted> off big bag of straws.whistling.gif

So, the EPL takes on Europe this week.

Arsenal and Chelsea v The Dastardly Huns.

City v The Russian Wide Boys

And Tottenham Hotspur v Sherriff Tiraspol. ( they play a 1-0-1 system. Sherriff up front and his deputy in goal.) Come on Lamela, do your stuff buddy.

Not forgetting the real social event at Old Trafford of course.

Enjoy.

Mr Ed sounds like a frustrated angry man this morning. So would i be if i had to watch the decline of my club under the management of a tactical retard. Did you catch a bit at the end of the game when the camera spun on to ferguson Mr Ed. That was the look thats missing on the touchline mate, the look thats been replaced by a scared man with a giant set of eyes thats scared of his shadow. And yes, you'll be delighted to know that we'd like to play you too. frankly, every week.

Now, the scary thing is that despite the managers rather embarrassing claims of a conspiracy against your club in the fixtures, you have had a relatively easy start. would you have preferred Villas's initial league games? You have Stoke at home next week i think. Surely that has to be three points doesn't it Mr Ed? Especially with them under the charge of the dreadful management of favorite old boy, Mark Hughes.

Edited by carmine

All this talk about Lamela....well to me its simple. He will either enjoy his time in London and work hard at his game....breaking into the team and becoming a firm name on the teamsheet when his chances appear or he will return to the continent for £20 mill or so.

With a young player like that from abroad there is always an element of risk so i won't call it either way.

All we can do is wait and watch....with some anticipation it must be said....he certainly has the skill....whether he will apply it correctly in the Premiership is the question.

As to Chavski....I can only say ....Robben....

Dead on about Lamela Smokes.thumbsup.gif IMHO.

Anyone who claims Lamela OR Townsend is world class is barking.

It's an epithet thrown around far too easily these days.

I wouldn't even put Bale there on the basis of one good season.

I agree.....and a few good seasons of CL football separates the wheat from the chaff in that context. Jury is out on all of them....

All this talk about Lamela....well to me its simple. He will either enjoy his time in London and work hard at his game....breaking into the team and becoming a firm name on the teamsheet when his chances appear or he will return to the continent for £20 mill or so.

With a young player like that from abroad there is always an element of risk so i won't call it either way.

All we can do is wait and watch....with some anticipation it must be said....he certainly has the skill....whether he will apply it correctly in the Premiership is the question.

As to Chavski....I can only say ....Robben....

Magnificent player Robben.

Misses a pen in the CL final 2012 and Chavski win!

Makes one, scores one, Man of the Match CL final 2013.

You win some, you lose some.

Still only 29!

• Like 1