Tottenham Thread

chonabot

TOTTENHAM are set to be without defenders Danny Rose and Younes Kaboul for their Capital One Cup encounter with Hull tomorrow night, while cup star Jermain Defoe is expected to start up front.

That Kaboul seems to spend an inordinate amount of time on the treatment table. A bit of George Graham discipline may be in order.

From the Guardian's rumor mill:

Tottenham Hotspur outcast Emmanuel Adebayor is wanted by Turkish side Besiktas, who tried to sign him in August and will renew their interest ahead of the January transfer window. The striker has yet to feature for Spurs this season and Besiktas vice president Ahmet Nur Cebi says his club, who currently sit third in the Turkish Süper Lig, "will chase Adebayor again in January, but it is difficult to recruit such a player."

blink.png Why, because he's crazier than a hoot owl ? whistling.gif

The compensation will be the key factor. It's all going to depend on how much the totts are offering them.

thumbsup.gif

The word you are looking for is wages.

Squeezed through....I need a drink..

Totally mate....but a win on penalties.....I think this thread will be busy tomorrow! biggrin.png

Ofcourse, but we did score in open play! Feel sorry for Brad when he let them back in it with a JoeHart. A player being thrown in almost like a one off game, is not right. Either play him in all the cups, or get a young number two keeper and play him in all the cups or play Lloris. Either way, don't expect a keeper who's not far off 43 to come in like this and not make a mistake.

Good atmosphere at the Lane last night which was good to hear. Thats the way it should be but has our young manager taken anything on board?

Where the hell is Adebayor? This is now become ridiculous.

West Ham next round so that'll be another spectacle of "Alladyce anti-football" God, i pray they get relegatedbiggrin.png

Them and Stoke would not be missed. Has Pulis got the Palace job yet?

Don't think anythings confirmed but looks likely doesn't it.

Just seen our december fixture list. What with the west Ham cup game we now have 9 games in 28 days.

this looks like the telling time for the top four chasers. Beginning of decemder to mid jan and we'll know where we all are.

Totally mate....but a win on penalties.....I think this thread will be busy tomorrow! biggrin.png

Ofcourse, but we did score in open play! Feel sorry for Brad when he let them back in it with a JoeHart. A player being thrown in almost like a one off game, is not right. Either play him in all the cups, or get a young number two keeper and play him in all the cups or play Lloris. Either way, don't expect a keeper who's not far off 43 to come in like this and not make a mistake.

Good atmosphere at the Lane last night which was good to hear. Thats the way it should be but has our young manager taken anything on board?

West Ham next round so that'll be another spectacle of "Alladyce anti-football" God, i pray they get relegatedbiggrin.png

After outplaying us at the Lane, the scammers must be favourites rolleyes.gif

After outplaying us at the Lane, the scammers must be favourites rolleyes.gif

Yes, fooled by that innovative tactic of putting the entire team behind the ball.

Away fans should be able to watch a game there for free.

Talk about a sharp about turn cheesy.gif

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas says his side's fans were the difference in the home Capital One Cup victory over Hull, days after questioning the atmosphere at White Hart Lane.

The Portuguese accused his supporters of "negativity" after Sunday's 1-0 league win over the same opponents.

"Great credit to the fans. They were the difference, inspiring us - always cheering, always supporting," he said.

Spurs overcame Hull 8-7 on penalties to make the League Cup last eight.

The hosts fell behind to Paul McShane's header in extra-time, but were loudly supported as they fought back to level through substitute Harry Kane and then win the tie from the spot.

"To see their response after we suffered a setback was very pleasant," added Villas-Boas.

"It was a great atmosphere and it was great for the team to feel that empathy with the supporters."

It was Tottenham's first win on penalties since 1994 - having lost seven shoot-outs thereafter - but Villas-Boas said his squad had actually practised less than when they lost to Basel in the Europa League in April.

"We practised and practised penalties for the Basel game last year, but we didn't this time," he added.

"We haven't practised them for three or four months!"

Their reward is a home draw against London rivals West Ham in the next round which is likely to guarantee another raucous atmosphere.

Your home support was that good it inspired the players to win on penalties laugh.png

Them and Stoke would not be missed. Has Pulis got the Palace job yet?

Don't think anythings confirmed but looks likely doesn't it.

Just seen our december fixture list. What with the west Ham cup game we now have 9 games in 28 days.

this looks like the telling time for the top four chasers. Beginning of decemder to mid jan and we'll know where we all are.

Quite carmine ...have you got a split personality because you sound like a totally different person when you post on the United thread?

• Like 1

Talk about a sharp about turn cheesy.gif

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas says his side's fans were the difference in the home Capital One Cup victory over Hull, days after questioning the atmosphere at White Hart Lane.

The Portuguese accused his supporters of "negativity" after Sunday's 1-0 league win over the same opponents.

"Great credit to the fans. They were the difference, inspiring us - always cheering, always supporting," he said.

Spurs overcame Hull 8-7 on penalties to make the League Cup last eight.

The hosts fell behind to Paul McShane's header in extra-time, but were loudly supported as they fought back to level through substitute Harry Kane and then win the tie from the spot.

"To see their response after we suffered a setback was very pleasant," added Villas-Boas.

"It was a great atmosphere and it was great for the team to feel that empathy with the supporters."

It was Tottenham's first win on penalties since 1994 - having lost seven shoot-outs thereafter - but Villas-Boas said his squad had actually practised less than when they lost to Basel in the Europa League in April.

"We practised and practised penalties for the Basel game last year, but we didn't this time," he added.

"We haven't practised them for three or four months!"

Their reward is a home draw against London rivals West Ham in the next round which is likely to guarantee another raucous atmosphere.

Your home support was that good it inspired the players to win on penalties laugh.png

Its just smart PR by AVB as you well know.....and it will shut up the idiots too. Another win for us Nads....top four and still in with a shout of silverware.....life is good!

Oh and as you like to say.....we still haven't gelled yet....wait for it mate!! biggrin.png

Edited by smokie36

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/30/tottenham-new-stadium-local-business-demolition

The Spurs spokeswoman said the club is now confident enough about securing the funding to envisage putting the construction out to tender in early 2014, and have "cranes on site", beginning to build the new stadium, by the end of next year.
Edited by Chicog

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/30/tottenham-new-stadium-local-business-demolition

The Spurs spokeswoman said the club is now confident enough about securing the funding to envisage putting the construction out to tender in early 2014, and have "cranes on site", beginning to build the new stadium, by the end of next year.

All the tangle with the council is quite irrelevant......the mayor totally screwed it up by not placing his total backing behind a new underground line out to the area.....which is what is needed more than anything else right now.

Yes, the fans were noticeably louder and getting behind the team even when we were trailing 1-2.

So AVB got what he wished for,in the fans backing him and the team.

Adebayor? last nights team selection is obviously proof that he doesn't feature in AVB's plans,

unless he has a recent injury problem.

Good to see Harry Kane come on and score though!biggrin.png

And now we have a great opportunity to redeem ourselves in the next round with the pikeys pub team!

Yes, the fans were noticeably louder and getting behind the team even when we were trailing 1-2.

So AVB got what he wished for,in the fans backing him and the team.

Adebayor? last nights team selection is obviously proof that he doesn't feature in AVB's plans,

unless he has a recent injury problem.

Good to see Harry Kane come on and score though!biggrin.png

And now we have a great opportunity to redeem ourselves in the next round with the pikeys pub team!

My theory is, that after last Thursday of taking Ade all the way to Moldova and not playing him, Ade has said stick playing for you up your arse which no one can blame him for !

My theory is, that after last Thursday of taking Ade all the way to Moldova and not playing him, Ade has said stick playing for you up your arse which no one can blame him for !

Could well be the reason alfie, but last week we won the match with Defoe playing and scoring,

which proves AVB got the team selection right.

At the moment Adebayor doesn't deserve game time ahead of Soldado, Defoe and now even Harry Kane

after his performance last night, he changed the game for us, and deserves more opportunities.

I hope Adebayor leaves in January so we can get another striker to boost the squad for the second

half of the season.

Could well be the reason alfie, but last week we won the match with Defoe playing and scoring,

At the moment Adebayor doesn't deserve game time ahead of Soldado, Defoe and now even Harry Kane

after his performance last night, he changed the game for us, and deserves more opportunities.

I hope Adebayor leaves in January so we can get another striker to boost the squad for the second

half of the season.

I'm not necesary saying that he should have started, but surely bringing him on would have made him a bit happier.

Perhaps we need to treat him with kid gloves to get the best out of him and if that helps the team then all well and good.

I don't mind him leaving in Jan as long as he is replaced with someone who is different to what we already have !

half of the season.

I'm not necesary saying that he should have started, but surely bringing him on would have made him a bit happier.

Perhaps we need to treat him with kid gloves to get the best out of him and if that helps the team then all well and good.

I don't mind him leaving in Jan as long as he is replaced with someone who is different to what we already have !

He bites the kid glove that feeds him Alf !biggrin.png

Who's going to take him unless you're prepared to pony up a chunk of his wages?

Would that also include the part payment of his wages that Spurs are getting from City?

Either way, if he's not gonna play for us, we'll be better off without him, even if we have to sub

his wages.

Looking back, all this started off when he left Arsenal to go to City on a crazy salary and it's just

snowballed from there, hopefully City would have learned there lesson about paying players over the odds

cos then they won't be financially viable to any other club unless their contract expires.

Apparently Turkish side Besiktas are still interested in him, so we'll see come Jan.

Edited by sotsira

half of the season.

He could be a real handful if he applied himself....its very very frustrating!

Yeah if he goes let's replace him with a striker who is six feet twenty, built like a tank and can head a ball.

half of the season.

He could be a real handful if he applied himself....its very very frustrating!

Yeah if he goes let's replace him with a striker who is six feet twenty, built like a tank and can head a ball.

So you're after Benteke then.....or maybe Andy C again? This time from your best mates 55555

Can't see us going after Benteke again. He was always my first choice but he's just signed a new contract and frankly, after the seemingly pathetic efforts to buy him last time whats to suggest it will happen now at a higher cost?

Adebayor and AVB ain't gonna work. One has to go….problem is, he will not take a wage reduction, so as someones already said we might have to share the pain! Soldado is class but never gets the ball but i'm totally happy with him as our main striker. Defoe was at his truly shocking best against Hull on wednesday night, but Kane played well although he's still one for the future. Ade and Defoe out, new striker in and keep Kane is the route for me.

What we do need is a left back and someone to conduct the orchestra as it were. A Modric replacement. Dembeles ok for now but its obvious that we need a greater creative spark. It now seems that atlas we have the huge bonus of a fit Kaboul so he and Vertoghen can play in the center. So, the defense it sorted bar another deceit left back.

1 striker (retain Kane and get rid of Adebayor and Defoe.)

1 left back as cover for Rose

1 creative mid (i'd ship out Lennon to create some of the budget)

Find a young goalkeeper to be Hugo's understudy and let Brad coach or retire or whatever.

• Like 1

Can't see us going after Benteke again. He was always my first choice but he's just signed a new contract and frankly, after the seemingly pathetic efforts to buy him last time whats to suggest it will happen now at a higher cost?

Adebayor and AVB ain't gonna work. One has to go….problem is, he will not take a wage reduction, so as someones already said we might have to share the pain! Soldado is class but never gets the ball but i'm totally happy with him as our main striker. Defoe was at his truly shocking best against Hull on wednesday night, but Kane played well although he's still one for the future. Ade and Defoe out, new striker in and keep Kane is the route for me.

What we do need is a left back and someone to conduct the orchestra as it were. A Modric replacement. Dembeles ok for now but its obvious that we need a greater creative spark. It now seems that atlas we have the huge bonus of a fit Kaboul so he and Vertoghen can play in the center. So, the defense it sorted bar another deceit left back.

1 striker (retain Kane and get rid of Adebayor and Defoe.)

1 left back as cover for Rose

1 creative mid (i'd ship out Lennon to create some of the budget)

Find a young goalkeeper to be Hugo's understudy and let Brad coach or retire or whatever.

Agree with all of that apart from a Modric replacement, we still struggled to break down teams even when Modric was playing, to me it's not the job of the 2 defensive mids to create, they can only feed the 3 attacking mid players who need to have the creative spark, plus Soldado isn't going to create such as Ade would do.I actually think having Dembele instead of Modric makes us stronger defensively.

I just think that our 3 attacking mids are not playing as good as Bale, Lennon and VDV, plus like i said, Soldado is not a forward in the playmaker mould.

I think the plan was that Eriksen and Holtby were bought in to offer more creativity,

also Lamela and sig are supposed to contribute in that too, depending whos playing at the time.

At the moment Holtby and Sig are having a good start to the season, but not so with Lamela and Eriksen,

bearing in mind though the first two have been in the team much longer and have settled in.

Also Sig was always understudy to Bale, but now he can become the main man if he continues his current form,

his goal against Hull the other night was world class, if Bale had done that everybody would be talking about it!

I think the plan was that Eriksen and Holtby were bought in to offer more creativity,

also Lamela and sig are supposed to contribute in that too, depending whos playing at the time.

At the moment Holtby and Sig are having a good start to the season, but not so with Lamela and Eriksen,

bearing in mind though the first two have been in the team much longer and have settled in.

Also Sig was always understudy to Bale, but now he can become the main man if he continues his current form,

his goal against Hull the other night was world class, if Bale had done that everybody would be talking about it!

When you are talking about Holtby having a good start to the season then you must be refering to the 2 cups which too be fair have been fairly easy games, he has had very few starts in the Premier and when he has he has been taken off.