Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Do you honestly think that both Levy and Baldini's silence is a happy one at the moment ........No! you know that Levy will not be happy at a fair percentage of this seasons new buys and the money spent on them and sooner or later Baldini will start spouting off .......wait and see.

What are you talking about, your sounding more like mystic every day !

These are professional football people who know that integrating 7 new players into a team is going to take more than 3 months, people like Baldini know more about football than you and me could ever dream about knowing.

It could well be that they are fairly happy that we are 5 points off the top without playing that well.

And by the same token you have continually said the demise of United is now upon us after fergus leaving and Moyes coming in....wouldn't you now say that United have had actually much more of a change over with a new director,manager and coaching staff that the same 3 months should be applied to United?

I mean they are professional people at United too aren't they!

You see Alfredo you can't continually snipe at United and our future demise when your own club is actually doing nothing better can you,or should i say transition is not solely a catchword for your mob is it.

I hope you have got the point wink.png

First of all, i havn't continually said

the demise of United is now upon us after fergus leaving and Moyes coming in

So if your saying the 3 months i mentioned also applies to Utd with altering there structure etc and basicly agree with what i am saying then why are you talking about Levy and Baldini being unhappy ?facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Because you spent all that money and 3 months into the season you are seemingly playing boring football and struggling to score unless you are awarded a penalty.

Are you saying Levy and Baldini are happy? because i think and a just listening to the spurs fans at the lane that they are not happy

BOO!! BOO!! tongue.png

Because you spent all that money and 3 months into the season you are seemingly playing boring football and struggling to score unless you are awarded a penalty.

Are you saying Levy and Baldini are happy? because i think and a just listening to the spurs fans at the lane that they are not happy

BOO!! BOO!! tongue.png

Your going in farking circles here Red,

You say "Baldini and Levy are unhappy"

I say "but its only been 3 months with all new players"

You say "United have had actually much more of a change over with a new director,manager and coaching staff that the same 3 months should be applied to United?

Ok we agree on that,

i then say " so why are you then saying Baldini and Levy are unhappy"

You then say the above post which is as near as dammit the same as the original post facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Tottenham are proving they are not very good. their present position is down to dubious penalties, and the manger ain't got a clue.

Bring back ardiles. At least he sent out teams worth watching.

Concntrate on the UEFA league, coz u will not get near UCL

AVB woz kicked out from Chelsea for good reason. Maybe now you are beginning to understand why.

Can you be a bit more specific on where you think we will finish !

Come on Alfie where is your own answer ??? oh yes I know it's facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

BT biggrin.png

Like i've said before BT, i'll be happy with top 8 in a transitional season !

So funny!! 8th!!!!

Some players need time (Drogba needed 2 years), some don't (Michu) and some never cut it. For all of your new buys to be needing time to adjust I would say is very worrying. More to the point, have you seen anything of your new boys to warrant any progress so far?

Also, do you think AVB should keep with the same tactics week in week out until it works - if it works at all. Or should he try something different?

So funny!! 8th!!!!

Some players need time (Drogba needed 2 years), some don't (Michu) and some never cut it. For all of your new buys to be needing time to adjust I would say is very worrying. More to the point, have you seen anything of your new boys to warrant any progress so far?

Also, do you think AVB should keep with the same tactics week in week out until it works - if it works at all. Or should he try something different?

You've not been reading my posts have ya ?

integrating 7 new players into a team is going to take more than 3 months

So funny!! 8th!!!!

I think calling this season a transitional season is just an excuse, just like it was after Redknapp left

and AVB took over last season.

This season AVB/ Baldini, have been given the funds and they decided to bring in 7 new players

it was also their decision to sell or loan out 7 players too, so they should know that it's gonna be

a risk to make such a dramatic change in one window, so it's down to them to take any blame if things

don't work out as they planned. And lets not forget that the plan set out by Levy is to get a top 4 finish.

I also think that AVB is showing caution to his team selection because of this dramatic change, hence,

why he isn't playing Lamela, Chadli, Eriksen too much up to this part of the season.

My main criticism to AVB since he came to Spurs is his defensive formation of 4231 when playing at WHL

against teams in lower positions in the table, and then reverting back to 442 when trailing and chasing a

game to try and score.

He should start with 2 strikers in all these matches especially at home!

Lets not forget that WHL used to be a fortress before AVB arrived.The 4231 formation is ok when playing the top teams especially away from home but he doesn't seem to think that different formations are necessary depending on the opposition, that's my main gripe with AVB.

Apart from that, i would say in the 15months he's been Spurs manager he's doing ok, but nothing more than ok, so far.

• Like 1

Exactly, that's why i say it's an excuse to call Spurs's season transitional when it's no more than

most other teams regarding player changes.

In fact, AVB has already had 15months to set up his squad therefore he now needs to start delivering

Levy"s expectations, otherwise, we all know the outcome.

• Like 1

MCFC 6 IN

THFC 7 IN

EFC 7 IN

CFC 8 IN

LFC 9 IN

How ironic when it was your mob who first said they were having a transitional season when they intoduced a few new players a couple of seasons ago thumbsup.gif

And how many of them Liverpool 9 are playing in each game ?

Edited by alfieconn

Exactly, that's why i say it's an excuse to call Spurs's season transitional when it's no more than

most other teams regarding player changes.

In fact, AVB has already had 15months to set up his squad therefore he now needs to start delivering

Levy"s expectations, otherwise, we all know the outcome.

The squads been together for 4 months facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Have to laugh at some of our fickle Spurs Mob, we're 11 games into the season playing with a lot of new players who havn't clicked yet and we're only 5 poins behind the Goons and we've conceded the second least goals in the division.

All of a sudden they're saying we should be doing this and should be doing that and to be fair most of them havn't got a clue about how the professional game is played.

Best thing is to leave it to the experts, give them enough time and then if it isn't working then have a moan up, not start moaning not even a third into the season !

• Like 1

MCFC 6 IN

THFC 7 IN

EFC 7 IN

CFC 8 IN

LFC 9 IN

Players in doesn't mean anything if they ain't playing games, i'm talking about Spurs integrating new players into the team, incidently Spurs new players have played more games than any other team, if your going to post facts at least make them revelent to the argument.

MCFC 6 IN

THFC 7 IN

EFC 7 IN

CFC 8 IN

LFC 9 IN

Players in doesn't mean anything if they ain't playing games, i'm talking about Spurs integrating new players into the team, incidently Spurs new players have played more games than any other team, if your going to post facts at least make them revelent to the argument.

majority of our games we've started 3/4 of those new players with 1 or 2 also coming off the bench.

Alfie - I don't think Spurs are doing too bad, considering the lack of goals you are still collecting points. It's just the constant lack of goals is excused by the new squad/new players.

I don't know how many times you lot have mentioned it on here since before the season started.

You guys blindly use this same get out jail free card…..eventually it will expire.

MCFC 6 IN

THFC 7 IN

EFC 7 IN

CFC 8 IN

LFC 9 IN

majority of our games we've started 3/4 of those new players with 1 or 2 also coming off the bench.

Alfie - I don't think Spurs are doing too bad, considering the lack of goals you are still collecting points. It's just the constant lack of goals is excused by the new squad/new players.

I don't know how many times you lot have mentioned it on here since before the season started.

You guys blindly use this same get out jail free card…..eventually it will expire.

To be fair Bob we give the same answers because everyone keeps barking on with the same monotonous questions.

Why should we go back on our original answer?

I'll tell you another thing...i'm deeply pissed off with what i'm reading on Spurs related forums from the whining fair weather crowd that want immediate success. If i were sitting behind the dugouts i'd probably end up getting myself ejected because i don't want this lot at home games. All they do is help the away team.

AVB is building from solid foundations at the back which is why we are only five points off top. I was delighted with many aspects of our performance against Tim Krul. Ofcourse we couldn't beat him and that was disappointing but i could see the right positives in our play. I am also quite confident that Mssrs Baldini and Levy are fine with our progress because they know a fair bit about football, or thats what i'm led to believe!

As i repeated and will do so again, i'm very much an advocate of lamella right, Townsend/Chadli left, and i think there lies the difference. He's stubborn but i reckon AVB will come round to this but all in all, apart from Wenger who the league stand out coach, as a coach and a person i'm very happy with our incumbent and i think were on the right tracks. Anyone with half a brain knows you build from the back and he's turned us from a second rate leaky defense to one that is just about the best in the league.

If you had offered me our current point tally and cup progress on day one of the season i'd have snapped your hand off.

Edited by carmine

MCFC 6 IN

THFC 7 IN

EFC 7 IN

CFC 8 IN

LFC 9 IN

If your going to include the gk then yes, other than that :

Toure 8

sakho 7

sissoko 4

moses 5

aspas 4

Have to laugh at some of our fickle Spurs Mob, we're 11 games into the season playing with a lot of new players who havn't clicked yet and we're only 5 poins behind the Goons and we've conceded the second least goals in the division.

All of a sudden they're saying we should be doing this and should be doing that and to be fair most of them havn't got a clue about how the professional game is played.

Best thing is to leave it to the experts, give them enough time and then if it isn't working then have a moan up, not start moaning not even a third into the season !

Well said Alfie!

All teams have their set off fickle fans quick to jump on the band wagon when things aren't quite going how they want them to be and Spurs certainly have their fair share as can be heard at home games and seen on forums. Like Carms said this only helps the away teams! As I have said I think you will start scoring and winning games, whether that is in the next two games (City away and United at home) will be very interesting to see. If you win those games or take say 4 points then that will help quieten some negativity but if you loose them both I fear you will only hear more of the negativity unfortunately.

Like Carms said I think Levy will be content with the situation at the moment but I will say Alf that in my opinion and of course it is only that, AVB will be gone if you finish 7th or 8th.

YB

Edited by YoungBrit
  • Like 1

Well said Alfie!

All teams have their set off fickle fans quick to jump on the band wagon when things aren't quite going how they want them to be and Spurs certainly have their fair share as can be heard at home games and seen on forums. Like Carms said this only helps the away teams! As I have said I think you will start scoring and winning games, whether that is in the next two games (City away and United at home) will be very interesting to see. If you win those games or take say 4 points then that will help quieten some negativity but if you loose them both I fear you will only hear more of the negativity unfortunately.

Like Carms said I think Levy will be content with the situation at the moment but I will say Alf that in my opinion and of course it is only that, AVB will be gone if you finish 7th or 8th.

YB

To be fair YB, i will be the first to jump on AVB once i feel he's had enough time, i'm already totting up the little mistakes i feel he has made which i will also bring into play at the revelent time !

Footnote : Bit off topic, but do you do any work as you seem to be on here a hell of a lot lately ? you can tell me to piss off as it's none of my business if you want laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn

Well said Alfie!

YB

To be fair YB, i will be the first to jump on AVB once i feel he's had enough time, i'm already totting up the little mistakes i feel he has made which i will also bring into play at the revelent time !

Little mistakes that we have picked up on. Whys he playing the static Dawson with Friedal in goal? You shouldn't play him without a keeper thats rapid off his line. Kaboul was match fit and should have started. Might have avoided the goal but we'll never know. I reckon Hugo might have been quick enough off his line anyway to have closed down the angle.

Lennon on the left is stupid, doesn't work. Gylfi is the new Clint Dempsey and should not be in a starting line up....so on and so forth, there a few things to pick at but generally he's doing very well in my book.

Well said Alfie!

YB

Footnote : Bit off topic, but do you do any work as you seem to be on here a hell of a lot lately ? you can tell me to piss off as it's none of my business if you want laugh.png

I think he's minted, maybe landed gentry. No need to work. Definitely, along with Smokie, the politest poster in the history of the football forum!biggrin.png

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Well said Alfie!

YB

I think he's minted, maybe landed gentry. No need to work. Definitely, along with Smokie, the politest poster in the history of the football forum!biggrin.png

No no carms, he works, apparently !

You can't be happy with the amount of goals scored in the EPL creating more chances yet not hitting the net (9 with 3 of those penaltys) Defoe can back em in for fun on a Thursday against poor oposition,Soldadodo seems a waste of money!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Well said Alfie!

YB

pot-calling-the-kettle-black.jpg

• Like 1