Tottenham Thread

chonabot

After his poor second half of the season, could see this happening, but not at 7-5 mil, dream on

Napoli have made a £7.5m offer for Sandro, 25, after a representative in Brazil said that the Tottenham midfielder would be keen to move to Italy. Times (subscription needed

To be fair it wasn't so much him having a poor second half but more a case of Sherwood not playing. TS didn't seem to like defensive mids and selected Bentaleb who is a central midfielder. Sandro was also in the anti Sherwood camp that seemed to represent half the first team.

Either way, don't want to see him go.

Every pro 'hates' a manager if he doesnt pic him and visa a versa, specially pre world cup. But Tbh dont see him as pochy's sort of player, awesome he maybe in the tackle, and first touch has improved, it still aint the best, and can u see him as a man maker\tracker ? as afie says it looks like one of the big four will probably go, but cant c levy taking a loss on sandro specially pre world cup, where unless he has a complete mare, which somehow I doubt his stock will probably rise.

He hasn't gone Rij !

Not based on the pony he bought last year, no.

Strange that as baldini didn't buy any one last year !

Really so what does his job actually entail then? Putting out the cones for training?

Baldini oversaw the departures of Steven Caulker, Tom Huddlestone,Clint Dempsey, Scott Parker and Gareth Bale for a reported world record fee of £85.3m to Real Madrid. He was thought to be responsible for signing several replacement players during the summer, including; Paulinho, Nacer Chadli, Etienne Capoue, Roberto Soldado, Vlad Chiriches, Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela
  • Like 1

Baldini is a useless piece of chap. Hope we are rid of him soon. There is more chance of him signing Pinocchio at the finals than anyone seriously wanting to move to WHL. Sensationalist reporting, boring nonsense.

Really so what does his job actually entail then? Putting out the cones for training?

Baldini oversaw the departures of Steven Caulker, Tom Huddlestone,Clint Dempsey, Scott Parker and Gareth Bale for a reported world record fee of £85.3m to Real Madrid. He was thought to be responsible for signing several replacement players during the summer, including; Paulinho, Nacer Chadli, Etienne Capoue, Roberto Soldado, Vlad Chiriches, Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela

dunno who you quoted but they appear more in the know than Alfie...unsurprisingly. And if a Director of Football (or whatever his title is) isn't responsible for overseeing scouting/player purchases, I make you right....What does his job entail? Doubt if Tim (nice but dim) would trust him with the cones...that was Sir Les's jobbiggrin.png

• Like 1

thumbsup.gif

cheesy.gif

( If you aren't interfering with play, what are you doing on the pitch? Putting the cones out boss.)

So Baldini made the decision to sell Bale did he, nothing to do with Levy biggrin.png

Read what it ses " He was thought to be responsible" so in other words who ever wrote it doesn't know !!!

We see many people on here talk about Baldini buying the 7 on here but so far no one has ever come up with the real facts or any quotes from within Spurs.

Edited by alfieconn

OK Alf. Here's another tack.

Complete lack of harmony between Baldini and AVB.

2 out of 7 might have been AVB choice.

Bottom line. Dog's breakfast. Couldn't get it to gel.

Really, who did that come from AVB, Baldini or Levy ? probably Mickey Mouse or the Muppetts biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

Think it was You who said 2 were AVB's choice Alf.

Can't remember which ones though. Lamela and Paulinho?

Let not the detail interfere with the big picture though.

Baldini recommendations and AVB management didn't work.

Pochettino has to pick up the strings.

He may well be successful, but I doubt if he needs any help from Baldini in Brazil.

He may well be successful, but I doubt if he needs any help from Baldini in Brazil.

Wasn't me, ive never spoken to anyone involved in transfer dealings at Spurs !

• Like 1

Wasn't me, ive never spoken to anyone involved in transfer dealings at Spurs !

I would imagine the manager and coaches discuss these issues from time to time...same as the manager and chairman will do....where the team can be improved is one thing but selling players another.

You see when a player has a contract with a club its a different matter....unless they want to force a move its a tough one for any club if you want them to leave.

Clubs buy players because they think they may improve the team immediately...or in the years to come...no club is different in this.

So we look at last summer's signings...and overall looking at the youth and inexperience in the Premiership I am reasonably happy overall.

Is Daniel Levy more or less happy than me? Well we will find out over the summer....but I can't see many of those who arrived leaving this time around....perhaps one or two at the most.

• Like 1

As i sad b4 I hope none go as i hope none arrive, if the newbie does things the right way around, he'll have a look at whats what early doors in

the squad , and sort from there, that would be the sensible way of doing things, but when have we been sensible. Add that 2, if we offload any of

last seasons buys, no doubts we'll do a bundle of cash, and that, as we know defo aint the levy way, so,,, all points to waiting

as for sandro, he must be well pissed at missing a home world cup.

simple way of looking at the transfer structure within a club

the coach says what the squad needs ie a full back

footballing director finds whats available

the m/d or chairman controls what we spend

Edited by rijit

dunno who you quoted but they appear more in the know than Alfie...unsurprisingly. And if a Director of Football (or whatever his title is) isn't responsible for overseeing scouting/player purchases, I make you right....What does his job entail? Doubt if Tim (nice but dim) would trust him with the cones...that was Sir Les's jobbiggrin.png

To be fair the lack of knowledge of these 2 posters astounds me, so

being as you two ain't got a clue to what a Dof F does perhaps this explains :

Villas-Boas has championed the appointment of a technical director who, he hopes, can recommend transfer targets, close deals with the minimum of fuss and, also, allow him to concentrate on his primary function as a coach.

The Portuguese, who on Tuesday turned down the chance to manage Paris Saint-Germain, has been keen to welcome "someone who has experience of dressing rooms, represents the club and is able to link up with players and agents," and Baldini, the former Bologna, Bari and Pescara player, fits the profile.

"Franco is extremely well respected in the industry, possessing an extensive knowledge of players around the world," Levy said. "He will strengthen our football management team, particularly in the field of recruitment, working closely with André Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood across all levels on the playing side."

Do you 2 understand now ?

Edited by alfieconn

Tottenham Hotspur use statistics analysis to help them determine transfer purchases. The idea is to identify players with the potential to become stars or who increase greatly in value, in other words payers who are undervalued. It's an approach that Manchester City's new owners employ and that Roma use as well.

Spurs use a company called Decision Technology which provides us with player recruitment advice and strategy consultancy. The company created a set of statistical models it uses that predict football games and rates players.

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Tottenham Hotspur use statistics analysis to help them determine transfer purchases. The idea is to identify players with the potential to become stars or who increase greatly in value, in other words payers who are undervalued. It's an approach that Manchester City's new owners employ and that Roma use as well.

Spurs use a company called Decision Technology which provides us with player recruitment advice and strategy consultancy. The company created a set of statistical models it uses that predict football games and rates players.

I'd ask for a refund

• Like 1

Is Decision Technology owned by Soldado's Dad?

cheesy.gif

To be honest i think we'll make money on at least five of the players we bought. Chiriches not sure, the juries out on him. Lamela will come good when fit because he's simply that talented. Anyone who says otherwise is a clueless.

Other than that we are left with Soldado! However, i have to disappoint you all here because half of his 26m transfer was add ons so if we can get 10m for him which we will then we only lose 3m.

Overall, seems very good business to me and baring in mind, aside of Soldado they are all under twenty five it appears very good business.

I'm afraid theres a few detractors on here who are hopelessly barking up the wrong tree, and showing a lack of understandings in the methods of modern day football business practices.

Is Decision Technology owned by Soldado's Dad?

cheesy.gif

I love it when someone has a pop as above when some of their own players weren't a lot better, in case you didn't read the article properly Mystic

It's an approach that Manchester City's new owners employ

Quite ironic that Soldado made more appearences (22) in the premier league, more than each of your 3 big money signings and didn't cost as much :

Negredo 21 games 20m

Navas 18 games 22m

Jovetic 2 games 25m So perhaps Decision Technology is owned by Messers Negredo, Navas and Jovetic as well as MR. Soldado biggrin.png

• Like 1

Yeah, but Soldado doesn't score goals. biggrin.png

You Spurs boys need to do a bit of objective thinking instead of going the Cognitive Dissonance route. ( Google it .)

AVB-Baldini did NOT work.

Chelsea know all about AVB's style, or lack of.

Decision Technology. smile.png You are having a larf. Right up AVB's rigid street.

You Spurs boys need to do a bit of objective thinking instead of going the Cognitive Dissonance route. ( Google it .)

Decision Technology. smile.png You are having a larf. Right up AVB's rigid street.

i was rather hoping at least one of you would answer our posting in reply of yours.

Then again i remind myself that you are of course entitled to your own opinions but you are not entitled to your one facts which is probably why we've yet to receive a reply.

AVB's departure had nothing to do with Baldini either. AVB effectively fired himself by locking horns with Levy. He was always an advocate of a DOF was openly pushed for Baldini's appointment. How any of you can say it didn't work between the two of them is beyond me....more "facts" pulled out of your head perhaps?

Before i forget, yes Soldado had a very poor season but lets look on the bright side......its really not going to cost us is it!

Edited by carmine

i was rather hoping at least one of you would answer our posting in reply of yours.

Then again i remind myself that you are of course entitled to your own opinions but you are not entitled to your one facts which is probably why we've yet to receive a reply.

AVB's departure had nothing to do with Baldini either. AVB effectively fired himself by locking horns with Levy. He was always an advocate of a DOF was openly pushed for Baldini's appointment. How any of you can say it didn't work between the two of them is beyond me....more "facts" pulled out of your head perhaps?

Before i forget, yes Soldado had a very poor season but lets look on the bright side......its really not going to cost us is it!

Bldy good job you used Decision Technology for damage limitation purposes then.

smile.png

Bldy good job you used Decision Technology for damage limitation purposes then.

smile.png

Thats more about driving a good deal initially.

Still not going to reply to either mine of Alfie's posts? Disappointing but rather predictablesmile.png

I can't debate a flawed argument carmine.

You've got Levy, Pochettino, Baldini and Decision Technology.

Let's see it work.

My personal opinion. You can't run a football club like a grocer's shop, and this mentality would worry the sh!t out of me:

The company created a set of statistical models it uses that predict football games and rates players.

​Take the risk out by surrounding yourself with numbers.

smile.png

Decision Technology need to go and sell their computer model to William Hill then.

thumbsup.gif

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Let's see it work.

My personal opinion. You can't run a football club like a grocer's shop, and this mentality would worry the sh!t out of me:

The company created a set of statistical models it uses that predict football games and rates players.

smile.png

You've yet to convince me in any way you have even grasped what we are informing you let alone have taken it all in and perceived it as flawed.

Well thats your opinion. However, with regards decision Technology, others might view it as progressive thinking but then again supporting a club thats just been throwing money at anything in sight and gazumping transfer deals, what would a Chelsea fan know. (Keith "mad dog" Simmonds sits in his delusional world claiming Chelsea success has nothing to do with the money!! )

You may of may not remember the film Moneyball? clearly not or you would not have dissed Alfie's post with regards new ideas we have embraced. One day, if Roman gets bored with his Chelsea toy your club too might have to do some work to keep the books properly balanced and find young inexpensive talent rather than just hemorrhage whatever obscene amount of dosh is needed to just "do the deal."

We ain't discussing Chelsea, carmine.

Btw. I've checked out Decision Technology's website.

I understand exactly where they are coming from.

Based on 30 years professional experience in the commercial world of customer behaviour and leveraging for commercial interest.

( But FWIW. Chelsea have been buying young inexpensive talent since 2010 but they ain't been doing any computer modelling to help 'em identify.)

Let's see it work.

smile.png

You've yet to convince me in any way you have even grasped what we are informing you let alone have taken it all in and perceived it as flawed.

Well thats your opinion. However, with regards decision Technology, others might view it as progressive thinking but then again supporting a club thats just been throwing money at anything in sight and gazumping transfer deals, what would a Chelsea fan know. (Keith "mad dog" Simmonds sits in his delusional world claiming Chelsea success has nothing to do with the money!! )

You may of may not remember the film Moneyball? clearly not or you would not have dissed Alfie's post with regards new ideas we have embraced. One day, if Roman gets bored with his Chelsea toy your club too might have to do some work to keep the books properly balanced and find young inexpensive talent rather than just hemorrhage whatever obscene amount of dosh is needed to just "do the deal."

"Moneyball" versus "Trouble With the Curve". The two different philosophies outlined by Hollywood. Brad Pitt versus Clint Eastwood.

Thomas Hobbes versus Rousseau.

Actually, Alfie strikes me as more the Rousseau philosophizing, arty type who has been dragged into the 21st century by the evil, Orwellian nightmare Tories.biggrin.png

Edited by jellydog
  • Like 1