Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Ok Alfie, your a stat man, well as i'm, call it old fashioned if you like, but

actually judge players by watching them play, i never look at stats because

they don't give the full picture, whereas my eyes do.

Is there a stat for showing fight and determination in your play? No.

Is there a stat for showing confidence in your game? No.

Is there a stat for showing leadership? No.

I have a question for you, name me one player that is in the current squad who is better

than Lennon playing on the right wing?

I can also honestly say, that if or when Lennon is sold on, he will need to be replaced

by bringing in a new player,otherwise the squad will be weakened by playing Lamela

or Townsend or anyone else currently in the squad playing on the right wing.

yeah against the chavs, we were only really effective in the first 20 mins passed precisely and with pace and lennon was at the heart of that, once their midfield imposed them selves he, like the rest of the team, became almost bystanders, the last good game lennon had was against Everton, and looked by a country mile our most likely to get into and behind their defense,cant see anyone in the current squad with a similar threat, I've a gut feeling though he'll be off if not during Jan window, then the summer, which imo will be a major loss.

What did he do with that pace ? because he didn't go past anyone.

"Most likely to get into and behind their defense" cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif we don't want most likely's we want someone who actually does it, he's a winger <deleted> !

Is there a case for saying that too many of your team refuse, or are incapable, of playing outside their comfort

Possibly old git. But part of the prob its all very narrow, and when its crying for something to change ie plan B ,, it doesnt more of the same gets delivered. Be that an issue with the

players or management is open to debate.

Is there a case for saying that too many of your team refuse, or are incapable, of playing outside their comfort zone?

Very much so. I can think of atleast half a dozen in that bracket. Pochettino's going to have to tear his squad apart before we can progress. Levy must stick by this guy as i can't see anyone else doing any better with that squad.

Is there a case for saying that too many of your team refuse, or are incapable, of playing outside their comfort zone?

Very much so. I can think of atleast half a dozen in that bracket. Pochettino's going to have to tear his squad apart before we can progress. Levy must stick by this guy as i can't see anyone else doing any better with that squad.

Agreed, only thing that worries me is who will buy the deadwood? We need to ship a lot out if we're bringing some in.

BBC Report we're interested in Schneiderlin and Rodriguez at Southampton and Albiol (CB) from Napoli.

There enters the debate, levy in thw recent past has, rather than demolish the squad, has replaced the management team and seems to have backed the overall buying policy of.the club , it would seem , rather than the managers/ coachs 'wants' how & when will that change?,, I suppose when levy feels that its justified,,

Agreed, only thing that worries me is who will buy the deadwood? We need to ship a lot out if we're bringing some in.

BBC Report we're interested in Schneiderlin and Rodriguez at Southampton and Albiol (CB) from Napoli.

I can see the sense in all three of them. Our manager needs to bring in his own men to do the job. Levy simply has to take a step back and let him get on with it.

If Levy wants to make good use of himself he can start banning the west stand boo boys that are destroying to atmosphere and helping the opposition.

I can see the sense in all three of them. Our manager needs to bring in his own men to do the job. Levy simply has to take a step back and let him get on with it.

If Levy wants to make good use of himself he can start banning the west stand boo boys that are destroying to atmosphere and helping the opposition.

Yep boo boys dont help, but unfortunatly they pay so they say,,and the only way to shut them up is to turn in decent performances.

scenario If we went on a run of say 5? loss's.

A couple of draws and went out of europe , what do you think levy would do?

At some stage Levy has to realise that continuity is the key, it's a big ask of him after a decade plus of hiring and firing though.

The squad has not changed hugely under Poch from under Tim Gilet and AVB, the common denominator is the players and Baldini....

Here's to common sense. Give the man time to make a squad that he wants, playing his way, if that takes 2-3 seasons so be it.

But under your scenario Rij i fear the worst.

At some stage Levy has to realise that continuity is the key, it's a big ask of him after a decade plus of hiring and firing though.

The squad has not changed hugely under Poch from under Tim Gilet and AVB, the common denominator is the players and Baldini....

Here's to common sense. Give the man time to make a squad that he wants, playing his way, if that takes 2-3 seasons so be it.

But under your scenario Rij i fear the worst.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yep, would hope that levy would have some 'common sense' and give him some time. but since he sacked ari everyone of his appointments have , imo, been gambles, and. Unfortunatly on the manager he's prepared to lose

Money and face .If as suggested potts has started to lose the lane and the players arnt doing well under his systems, then given levy's history it seems like theres gonna be only one outcome.

just a case of how long. Lets hope he gets more time and turns it around.

Yep, would hope that levy would have some 'common sense' and give him some time. but since he sacked ari everyone of his appointments have , imo, been gambles, and. Unfortunatly on the manager he's prepared to lose

Money and face .If as suggested potts has started to lose the lane and the players arnt doing well under his systems, then given levy's history it seems like theres gonna be only one outcome.

just a case of how long. Lets hope he gets more time and turns it around.

I don't know why your even talking about it rij and talk about over react, we're 5 points off of 4th place still in all cups, all this talk of getting rid of Poch is just rubbish, even Levy knows that the majority of players are not Pochs type of players.

Edited by alfieconn

Alfie mate, luv the optimism:D, but really!!! 4 away from the top 4 ,were what ? 2 loss's away from the fring of the relegation dogfight. Thats where palace are, newcastle were, the way we're playing seems 2 me we're more likely to be drawn into that than a fight to get into the top 4. Seems everytime we play a team with either form or quality we lose our way.

But lets hope potts can turn it around.

Alfie mate, luv the optimism:D, but really!!! 4 away from the top 4 ,were what ? 2 loss's away from the fring of the relegation dogfight. Thats where palace are, newcastle were, the way we're playing seems 2 me we're more likely to be drawn into that than a fight to get into the top 4. Seems everytime we play a team with either form or quality we lose our way.

The way we are playing we've been playing all season so why aren't we in the bottom 4 already ? like carms said to someone the other day "stop being a drama queen" biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

The way we are playing we've been playing all season so why aren't we in the bottom 4 already ? like carms said to someone the other day "stop being a drama queen" biggrin.png

I didnt say bottom four and i didnt say all season alfie i said the dog fight, and we are playing refers to now, and was in reply to you pointing out we're near to the edge of the top four i merely pointed out were just as close to the DOG FIGHT ie the fringes of the relegation fight as we are to the top four, optimism v pessimism if you wish biggrin.png drama queen or not alfie, as it stands I cant see this team being anything better than a mid table team at best. As the mode seems to be on 'bringing our own' through, one of your old mentions seems to be getting regular time and plaudits at brentford, pritchard, could well be worth a little look soon.

At a loss for words.....bring in some new faced in Jan I guess if we can.

It does now appear a lot of money has been wasted....Lamela alone should cost Baldini his job.

Why's that then smokes ?

On account of him being crap....bear in mind though I said to carmine we should offload big ears before the season Bale went from a half decent left back to one of the best attacking players in the world.

• Like 1

It does now appear a lot of money has been wasted....Lamela alone should cost Baldini his job.

Why's that then smokes ?

On account of him being crap....bear in mind though I said to carmine we should offload big ears before the season Bale went from a half decent left back to one of the best attacking players in the world.

Crap at what ?

I didnt say bottom four and i didnt say all season alfie i said the dog fight, and we are playing refers to now, and was in reply to you pointing out we're near to the edge of the top four i merely pointed out were just as close to the DOG FIGHT ie the fringes of the relegation fight as we are to the top four, optimism v pessimism if you wish biggrin.png drama queen or not alfie, as it stands I cant see this team being anything better than a mid table team at best. As the mode seems to be on 'bringing our own' through, one of your old mentions seems to be getting regular time and plaudits at brentford, pritchard, could well be worth a little look soon.

Yep, seen a few bits from him this season and seems to be doing ok, perhaps one to come in the squad either next season or next.

While we're on the subject of youngsters, I just wish we would use them as squad players rather than buy these average joes we seem to get as squad players, either buy top class or don't buy anyone ( mind you even our so called top class players we've bought lately don't seem to be up to it either) sad.png

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

All you're really saying here is your glass is half empty and Alfies is half full.

Fact is, similar to United, we are not playing well yet were somehow still in touch with the top four. Not bad considering the amount of lazy, incapable good for nothings we employ within our squad. We've also played Chelsea, Citeh and the goons away.

Granted were not playing well at all but as to how bleak our situation is depends on how you choose to address the current situation. What i see as a positive is that the players that are doing a job for us (with the exception of Lloris) our the youngsters, namely Kane, Bentaleb, Mason and Chadli. Ofcourse we'll lose Lloris but thats why Vorm's waiting in the shadows.

What we need to transform us is two or three Pochettino style players and someone to lead, possibly that Morgan Sneiderlein from Southampton.

Then get rid of the rotten apples, the can't do won't do brigade , lazy journeyman.

It will work if Levy stays out of the picture

All you're really saying here is your glass is half empty and Alfies is half full.

Fact is, similar to United, we are not playing well yet were somehow still in touch with the top four. Not bad considering the amount of lazy, incapable good for nothings we employ within our squad. We've also played Chelsea, Citeh and the goons away.

Granted were not playing well at all but as to how bleak our situation is depends on how you choose to address the current situation. What i see as a positive is that the players that are doing a job for us (with the exception of Lloris) our the youngsters, namely Kane, Bentaleb, Mason and Chadli. Ofcourse we'll lose Lloris but thats why Vorm's waiting in the shadows.

What we need to transform us is two or three Pochettino style players and someone to lead, possibly that Morgan Sneiderlein from Southampton.

Then get rid of the rotten apples, the can't do won't do brigade , lazy journeyman.

It will work if Levy stays out of the picture

Reminds me a bit of my old man, every week I speak to him and he ses " who we playing this week" "such and such" I say, "ah gawd, we won't win that" he ses, then if we win or draw he doen't mention it, but if we lose, he ses " there are, I told you we'd lose" biggrin.png

Which of course he will not.

How can you think Levy will stay out of the picture at Spurs Carmine?

I said "IF" he stays out of it. I hope he does but i doubt it will happen.

One thing i think many in the media tend to ignore or simply don't realize is that Joe Lewis makes the decisions, not Levy. Levy is his highly paid subordinate who carries out the orders

A prime example is supposed to be the sacking of Martin Jol that so incensed many Spurs fans. Levy took loads of stick for that but supposedly it was Uncle Joe that gave the order. I'm also fairly sure that the self made billionaire born above an east end pub is a lot more ruthless than Daniel Levy could ever aspire to be.

Why's that then smokes ?

Crap at what ?

biggrin.png

Dribbling through three defenders and banging it in the top corner.

For £30m I expect a couple of those a season at least.

You're missing the point with Lamela imo smokie. Why, because he can do, has already done it, and showed enough "glimpses" of what we are missing.

The question we have yet to find an answer to is why is his head so clearly not focused properly on his game? Why, from starting with a marked improvement this season when finally fit has he now started to regress? The ability is there and anyone who says its not is on a wind up or just doesn't know their football.

If you are going to blame Baldini for anyone then theres far better candidates to tar him with such as Chiriches for 9m if he was his buy. You might also take a look at Soldado's suitability as a striker to our style of play and i'm just lost for words on what happened to Paulinho from the player he was in Brazil!

Edited by carmine

You're missing the point with Lamela imo smokie. Why, because he can do, has already done it, and showed enough "glimpses" of what we are missing.

The question we have yet to find an answer to is why is his head so clearly not focused properly on his game? Why, from starting with a marked improvement this season when finally fit has he now started to regress? The ability is there and anyone who says its not is on a wind up or just doesn't know their football.

If you are going to blame Baldini for anyone then theres far better candidates to tar him with such as Chiriches for 9m if he was his buy. You might also take a look at Soldado's suitability as a striker to our style of play and i'm just lost for words on what happened to Paulinho from the player he was in Brazil!

I agree he started the season well.....just venting the other day.

Problem is likely in the dressing room I think....I agree on the other young players being the way forward....perhaps he is struggling to fit into that group?