Tottenham Thread

chonabot

We need to go there next week requiring a win or high score draw 3 days before

the cup final. while Chelsea will have a week to rest.

This is a very tricky proposition Poch is facing, without prioritising which competition

to field the stronger team.

This is exactly why playing in the europa league for me is actually detrimental to the club.

Last season i wouldn't have minded if we had finished outside the qualifying positions and i stand

by that this season too.

The problem though, is unavoidable as every season 6 or 7 teams are trying to get a top 4 finish,

and if you don't succeed you end up with the Europa, too much travelling and too many games.

This is exactly why playing in the europa league for me is actually detrimental to the club.

Last season i wouldn't have minded if we had finished outside the qualifying positions and i stand

by that this season too.

The problem though, is unavoidable as every season 6 or 7 teams are trying to get a top 4 finish,

and if you don't succeed you end up with the Europa, too much travelling and too many games.

It won't be detrimental if you win it and gain auto qualification to CL

• Like 1

by that this season too.

It won't be detrimental if you win it and gain auto qualification to CL

yeah, but for me that aint the total point, Both are huge games and as

spectacles deserve 100 %, and frankly now one if not both of thems gonna suffer. no option now but to feild less than full strength teams then of coarse theirs injury risk. tiredness.

i suppose a major prob in changing dates is both r run by diferent orgonisations. still its a shame and shouldnt happen

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We were outstanding in the first 30 and a superlative strike by Soldado to put us ahead. Then they came back into it; a brilliant save by Lloris, put he couldn't hold, it was just too hard. A fortunate rebound for their goal. But that got them into the game and it became a chore. It will be a tough game in Florence. I suspect he will play the B team again leaving the first team to battle the league cup. Hellishly difficult choice TBH.

I thought the League Cup and Europa League were merely distractions preventing the real goal.

Funny how they become important the further a team progresses. wink.png

We were outstanding in the first 30 and a superlative strike by Soldado to put us ahead. Then they came back into it; a brilliant save by Lloris, put he couldn't hold, it was just too hard. A fortunate rebound for their goal. But that got them into the game and it became a chore. It will be a tough game in Florence. I suspect he will play the B team again leaving the first team to battle the league cup. Hellishly difficult choice TBH.

I thought the League Cup and Europa League were merely distractions preventing the real goal.

Funny how they become important the further a team progresses. wink.png

yeah always been the way o"s even bac in the day .full houses, more competative games and i would imagine better comp money towards the end of them all helps.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

my apologies fellow true believers, i still love the spurs, could never post for so long, our argentine boss has started a change of culture in our club.

we dont have the money of the others, but he has a vision, we may not win much, but our little argie will be a great manager

my apologies fellow true believers, i still love the spurs, could never post for so long, our argentine boss has started a change of culture in our club.

we dont have the money of the others, but he has a vision, we may not win much, but our little argie will be a great manager

308th richest guy in the world as an owner (wiki)....I would say you're not short of a few bob. Your problem is persuading the tight geriatric to spend it on the team!biggrin.png

308th richest guy in the world as an owner (wiki)....I would say you're not short of a few bob. Your problem is persuading the tight geriatric to spend it on the team!biggrin.png

Never has and never will. Now the new stadium is all approved i wouldn't be surprised if he sold us either.

Tottenham are benefitting from the legacy of young talent he left at White Hart Lane, says new Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31560185

He talks more <deleted> than harry !

"I'd had Harry Kane since he was 11 or 12. It makes a lot of difference, I know them better than their parents as footballers."

Strange that as Sherwood joined Spurs in Oct 2008, which makes Kane about 15 years of age facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Tottenham are benefitting from the legacy of young talent he left at White Hart Lane, says new Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood.

"I'd had Harry Kane since he was 11 or 12. It makes a lot of difference, I know them better than their parents as footballers."

Strange that as Sherwood joined Spurs in Oct 2008, which makes Kane about 15 years of age facepalm.gif

Maybe Kane had a late spurt like yourself Alfredo?

;)

Never has and never will. Now the new stadium is all approved i wouldn't be surprised if he sold us either.

From a business perspective, once the funding is secure for the new stadium, it will be a great time to sell. Especially as, I understand, ENIC owns separately a good deal of the real estate procured for the Northumberland Project. They could sell the club and still remain as Landlords in some capacity (I understand)

From a fans perspective, the Manager needs to be given the tools to do the job, and to win the Prem and compete equally and consistently with the four above then we need a different philosophy in the Board room. A new rich owner might kick start the process, speculate on the future revenues of 56k seats, and invest in the team sooner rather than later. Now is the time for SPURS

From a business perspective, once the funding is secure for the new stadium, it will be a great time to sell. Especially as, I understand, ENIC owns separately a good deal of the real estate procured for the Northumberland Project. They could sell the club and still remain as Landlords in some capacity (I understand)

From a fans perspective, the Manager needs to be given the tools to do the job, and to win the Prem and compete equally and consistently with the four above then we need a different philosophy in the Board room. A new rich owner might kick start the process, speculate on the future revenues of 56k seats, and invest in the team sooner rather than later. Now is the time for SPURS

dont disagree with most ian , forgetting the ownership surely the time for spurs will be when 'we' get through the ground share and get our &lt;deleted&gt; into the new stadium, 4 sure all else will follow ,,, safely.

In line with my over zealous optimism, really looking forward to a Palace and Swansea win tonight. Now that would be Happy Days.

Happy days indeed. Swansea obliged nicely I thought. Palace so so unlucky with that last attempt hitting the post. Weren't the Arse just so abysmally poor. Cheatski lack lustre also... Didn't Burnley do well? I should imagine Citeh performance will haunt them this week...... Only 5 points and GD of 3 in it.

I guess a Soton/Scouse draw today will be best for us.

What happened to that company (was it a sheet metal firm) who were supposed to be going to court petitioning against the compulsory land purchase?

You are talking about Archway Sheet Metal works and they just lost their case so its full steam ahead and into the new stadium by 2018.

Sherwood needs to keep his trap shut doesn't he but shows no sign of being able to do so.

Loved his recent statements concerning Villa's tactics though. Apparently the tactic is to "go out and throw some punches!" what a knob.

• Like 1

Sherwood needs to keep his trap shut doesn't he but shows no sign of being able to do so.

Loved his recent statements concerning Villa's tactics though. Apparently the tactic is to "go out and throw some punches!" what a knob.

He's certainly learnt a lot from Arri biggrin.png