Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Hallo Tottenham fans,

Werder Bremen - Tottenham Hotspurs 2 : 2

Tottenham's first ever Champions League game started superbly when an own goal from Petri Pasanen and a towering header from Peter Crouch put them 2-0 up against Bremen, but they were held to a 2-2 draw in Germany.

The German side responded in four second-half minutes as Hugo Almeida and the excellent Marko Marin drew the hosts level. Almedia scored with a header after 43 minutes and Marin fired home a low effort soon after.

Thanks for that Lotus but i think we are all aware of the details of last night by now ;), we don't want this to become like the Chels and man city threads.

Hallo Tottenham fans,

Werder Bremen - Tottenham Hotspurs 2 : 2

Tottenham's first ever Champions League game started superbly when an own goal from Petri Pasanen and a towering header from Peter Crouch put them 2-0 up against Bremen, but they were held to a 2-2 draw in Germany.

The German side responded in four second-half minutes as Hugo Almeida and the excellent Marko Marin drew the hosts level. Almedia scored with a header after 43 minutes and Marin fired home a low effort soon after.

Thanks for that Lotus but i think we are all aware of the details of last night by now ;), we don't want this to become like the Chels and man city threads.

A decent result in Bremen. Obviously disappointing to allow trhem a sniff but I'd have taken a point before the game. A good start.

THought that the turning point was van de vaaaaaaaaaaaart being subbed , the change, effectively changed our shape to, almost their advantage. After that it seemed like they had an extra man in midfield and could run at us,. almost, at will. Keane tried his best but!!!, Make no mistake they have some v good players and give them a sniff and they will be at you, and it took us 30 ish mins to get a handle on them. But in the end we missed a couple of chances we, probably should have put away, But hey ho, a point on the road, at a top--ish club, how bad. Ps thought that jenas did well last night, considering its only his 2nd? taste of 1st team footie this season.

Edited by rijit

Dear Alfie Conn,

maybe it slipped your attention that this is an open forum. So every member is allowed within the rules of this forum to post what he or she thinks appropriate.

And I am not sure what you mean by "we all". I did talk to a few friends who were not aware of the details of the match at that time as apparently it either was not shown on Thai TV or they missed watching it.

Therefore, it would be highly appreciated if you kindly refrain from censoring my posts. Thank you.

Dear Alfie Conn,

maybe it slipped your attention that this is an open forum. So every member is allowed within the rules of this forum to post what he or she thinks appropriate.

And I am not sure what you mean by "we all". I did talk to a few friends who were not aware of the details of the match at that time as apparently it either was not shown on Thai TV or they missed watching it.

Therefore, it would be highly appreciated if you kindly refrain from censoring my posts. Thank you.

Alfie conn wasnt censoring your post, rather commenting on its banality, I.M.O a valid point and worth open discussion, However, feel free to amuse.

Tne more I think about it the more I reckon Ari boy cocked it up last night, How?, well pre game he said that he wouldn't be playing a 442, cos they would ping the ball around and it could well be like playing

ghosts, So what does he do, plays crouch up front and 5 xross the midfield and were 2 up and cruising, so van der varaaaaaaaaaart, gets a pull and he comes off, replaced by keane and effectivly we return to 442

and what happens, As he predicted they run all over us, Harsh, but the more I think about it, the more I lay the blame for the draw with ari'

Tne more I think about it the more I reckon Ari boy cocked it up last night, How?, well pre game he said that he wouldn't be playing a 442, cos they would ping the ball around and it could well be like playing

ghosts, So what does he do, plays crouch up front and 5 xross the midfield and were 2 up and cruising, so van der varaaaaaaaaaart, gets a pull and he comes off, replaced by keane and effectivly we return to 442

and what happens, As he predicted they run all over us, Harsh, but the more I think about it, the more I lay the blame for the draw with ari'

I was thinking exactly the same thing myself Rijit, why didn't he bring on a midfielder for VDV i mean it's not like Keane has been setting the world alight and i'm not to sure if he ever will again.

Dear Alfie Conn,

So your telling me that the first your friends new of the result was from your post yesterday at 11.12am they must be real fans to wait until that time for the result, are they not capable of getting up football websites for the result or is TV the only website they look at ;):( .

Edited by alfieconn

Will the team that played against a Fulham 11 yesterday be the team that starts against the gooners next week ;)

Stipe Pletikosa 1

Alan Hutton 2

Kyle Naughton 3

Jake Livermore 4

Sebastien Bassong 5

Steven Caulker 6

David Bentley 7

Sandro Cordeiro 8

Giovani Dos Santos 9

Robbie Keane 10

Niko Kranjcar 11

...Dear Alfie Conn... I am not sure what you mean by "we all"...

Yeah, that's always an irritating one, someone who uses the collective 'we' to bolster their argument like they've taken a poll or something.

That is "we" as in genuine Spurs supporters on TV ;) and if you find it irritating then you best not come on the Spurs thread, therefore you won't get irritated anymore :annoyed: .

That is "we" as in genuine Spurs supporters on TV ;) and if you find it irritating then you best not come on the Spurs thread, therefore you won't get irritated anymore :annoyed: .

Hallo Alfie,

I am getting really amused about your posts. You sound like being the moderator of this Tottenham sub-thread.

As you can imagine, I will be back again on this thread on 24.11. rather 25.11. Until then have a nice time moderating.

Hallo Alfie,

I am getting really amused about your posts. You sound like being the moderator of this Tottenham sub-thread.

As you can imagine, I will be back again on this thread on 24.11. rather 25.11. Until then have a nice time moderating.

With my unofficial moderators hat on :D , free free to carry on posting old news :lol:.

Hallo Alfie,

With my unofficial moderators hat on :D , free free to carry on posting old news :lol:.

like the man said lotusbluete, feel free! after all your in the right place to do it anyway, nothing seems to happen of any real significance after all. whistling.gif

oh wait a minute, i do seem to remember a while back they got their hands on some mickey mouse cola / league/ milk cup or whatever you call it, that know one gives two hoots about .

funny isn't it though, how it seems to go all quiet in here when things start going all pear shaped. apart from the usual complaining and finger pointing of who is to blame, after all the big talk up. just like days of old gone by ! rolleyes.gif

and they call the arsenal thread the library. wink.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Hallo Alfie,

like the man said lotusbluete, feel free! after all your in the right place to do it anyway, nothing seems to happen of any real significance after all. whistling.gif

oh wait a minute, i do seem to remember a while back they got their hands on some mickey mouse cola / league/ milk cup or whatever you call it, that know one gives two hoots about .

funny isn't it though, how it seems to go all quiet in here when things start going all pear shaped. apart from the usual complaining and finger pointing of who is to blame, after all the big talk up. just like days of old gone by ! rolleyes.gif

Do one Tigerfish. Atleast we got our hands on some silverware recently. No doubt that french dweeb Wenger will be giving more false promises to your clubs shareholders about winning something this season because you and i both know that Arsenal will implode with about ten games to go and cop out again. Wenger will come out with the same excuses but at the end of the day your defence is <deleted> and theres no decent back up either.

Hallo Alfie,

Coming out with a thing like that are you sure your not Imola in disguise but like you say things are going pear shaped, we've qualified for the champions proper and drew our first away game,lost 1 in 4 in the league so it looks like you are spot on on your assumption and the day this thread and Spurs in general go quieter than you Gooners will be the day i pack everything in.

Footnote : have a listen on Tuesday, thats how a stadium should sound :whistling: .

Nice win today, only saw glimpses, but looked a hard fought win against a well organised and efficient wolves team, Good 2 see Hutton get a run and the boy did well as did Jenas to keep his starting place. all bodes well. ps nice to see one of old reserves starting for Ac milan 2 day, my my do times change !!!.

Very pleased to take the points. A wins a win, although I don't think we would have broken them down if they had'nt gifted us a stupid penalty.

We are going to have to get used to teams coming to us for a point. To me we looked like we lacked ideas and i thought Wolves looked organised and very comfortable until the penalty.

Atleast we don't have to rely on Defoe taking penalties anymore. ;)

I was watching the match in a bar where I was the only customer and the only one interested in the game. My jaw dropped when Wolves went ahead. When it became clear to the bar staff that my team was losing, they all thought it was a great joke.

They even kept jeering at me when we eventually equalised, but the second goal finally shut them up, and after the third they decided to close up shop.

I rarely watch Spurs live these days as through the past few years it has been too painful and demoralising – even to the extent that I became convinced that I put a jinx on them if I ever watched the game live.

Wolves played extremely well and the 3-1 score flatters Spurs slightly.

Anyway, as a long suffering supporter of over 50 years standing, it was a rare evening of joy for this old fart.

The result does flatter us. Wolves also could have had a penalty early on. I am quite concerned about our inability to break teams down at home. I feel more comfortable about the away games because atleast teams open up.

What is a huge positive is seeing Ledley King playing a second game within a few days. Hopefully this will carry on. He did play a lot of games towards the end of last season. The partnership with Gallas is going to be very important for us.

So saddened to hear of the death of Bobby Smith. He was my boyhood hero. I always felt if he was playing we were invincible.

You must be older than you look then Trev :D, i actually met him when i was about 14 when he came to our house to deliver some furniture,my old man was out so he was gutted and the ironic thing was that it was just as we were about to watch the cup final.

So saddened to hear of the death of Bobby Smith. He was my boyhood hero. I always felt if he was playing we were invincible.

You must be older than you look then Trev :D, i actually met him when i was about 14 when he came to our house to deliver some furniture,my old man was out so he was gutted and the ironic thing was that it was just as we were about to watch the cup final.

Only 7 years younger than the great man but it felt like a big gap back then. I cant imagine him having to deliver furniture. I wonder what wages they were on when the achieved the double and the Cup winners cup. Peanuts I bet.

Hallo Alfie,

Coming out with a thing like that are you sure your not Imola in disguise but like you say things are going pear shaped, we've qualified for the champions proper and drew our first away game,lost 1 in 4 in the league so it looks like you are spot on on your assumption and the day this thread and Spurs in general go quieter than you Gooners will be the day i pack everything in.

Footnote : have a listen on Tuesday, thats how a stadium should sound :whistling: .

you know your sooooo right alfieconn, that is how a stadium should sound like ! what i cant figure out though is why only about 15% of the stadium were actually singing. oh wait a minute is it because they were in the away supporters end and all the home fans had buggered off after 6 minutes of extra time. whistling.gif and even when your lot were singing which was maybe only the first 10 minutes and then when you scored, they sang the same old song, that isn't even theres blink.gif

oh and before you start going off on one about the penalty decisions, have a look at keanes supposed equalizer. shouldn't have been extra time in the first place !

on a side note. i just want to know what is it that pavlova actually does at your club and come to think of it lennon too ? and while im on this sad sorry other end of n. london thread, was that your first string team or second ? never can be to sure when i occasionally have the misfortune of having to watch spurs. laugh.gif

you know your sooooo right alfieconn, that is how a stadium should sound like ! what i cant figure out though is why only about 15% of the stadium were actually singing. oh wait a minute is it because they were in the away supporters end and all the home fans had buggered off after 6 minutes of extra time. whistling.gif and even when your lot were singing which was maybe only the first 10 minutes and then when you scored, they sang the same old song, that isn't even theres blink.gif

oh and before you start going off on one about the penalty decisions, have a look at keanes supposed equalizer. shouldn't have been extra time in the first place !

on a side note. i just want to know what is it that pavlova actually does at your club and come to think of it lennon too ? and while im on this sad sorry other end of n. london thread, was that your first string team or second ? never can be to sure when i occasionally have the misfortune of having to watch spurs. laugh.gif

Perhaps you need to play at our ground every week Tiger because your mob were certainly louder than they are at the Library, although they didn't seem too loud when it was 1-1, perhaps the goals made a difference ;) .

Arsenal deserved to win the game. I'm almost pleased we are out of this cup but not by being knocked out by the Arse ocourse. I was interested to see that Wenger fielded a much stronger side than normal for a Carling match, whereas Rednapp made ten changes. i thought their greater experience showed especially with the penalties. We will hopefully learn a few lessons from that game.

What a badge kissing ponce that Nasri is.

Moving on....its Pikey Park this weekend. Lets hope Carlton Coles back passes ars still as devastating as last season. :D

Arsenal deserved to win the game. I'm almost pleased we are out of this cup but not by being knocked out by the Arse ocourse. I was interested to see that Wenger fielded a much stronger side than normal for a Carling match, whereas Rednapp made ten changes. i thought their greater experience showed especially with the penalties. We will hopefully learn a few lessons from that game.

What a badge kissing ponce that Nasri is.

Moving on....its Pikey Park this weekend. Lets hope Carlton Coles back passes ars still as devastating as last season. :D

Thats if he is playing ;) the scammers won without him last night :o and looks like they are back on top form :rolleyes:.