Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Just think they are overrated by the media,we are not as strong as we have been previous seasons so this is really there best chance to get something at old trafford.

I just hope it is a good game to watch end to end stuff.

They have never won at united in the premier league i think it was 1990 when they last won 1-0 gary liniker?

1990 like i said yeah, don't know who scored, & that was at <deleted> Fart Lane..

They'll win today though..

No mate 1990 was at old trafford i was there that day in the scoreboard seats right behind the spurs fans and remember liniker scoring,

Last time at white hart lane was i think 2003,i stand to be corrected?

This is a good game half time 1-0 to the worst united team in 20 yeas, could be a few more for each team,hope we can hang on.

<deleted>. :D

A wee throw away comment and you see what happens?

Old Trafford. Need I say more. ;)

got to admit this is one of those very rare occasions that i actually do feel a bit sorry you lot.

what a prize pratt that clattenberg is !

like you said smokie , old trafford.

Edited by tigerfish

So many things happened with that goal.

1st penalty to nani?

2nd hand ball by nani.maybe referee did not see?

3rd ref and linesman both give no foul either way.

4th keeper has ball in hand he should PLAY TO THE WISTLE,

5th keeper carrys the ball 10 meters away put the ball down

6th nani asked referee if he has given a foul and carries on and scores.

Schoolyard error by the keeper you can argue both ways.

A great game and take away that goal it was still 1-0 and the better team won.

Not bad for worst united team in 20 years :D

:lol::D Yes we are very poor at the moment 21 games unbeaten in all competitions unbeaten in the league and joint second :o But i get your point then easy win to the spurs.

They're great Nev ain't they ?? They haven't beat you since 1990 i don't think & even that was at <deleted> Frat Lane, but they'll beat you today, & the next time you play them &........................... They can't even beat us Nev, can't een get a draw in fact & we're a ridiculous Team that is rooted to the bottom of the League.. :)

Just think they are overrated by the media,we are not as strong as we have been previous seasons so this is really there best chance to get something at old trafford.

I just hope it is a good game to watch end to end stuff.

They have never won at united in the premier league i think it was 1990 when they last won 1-0 gary liniker?

Nev. you sound particularily silly as does singher coming out with that 1990 statistic. yes our record is appalling against you, however you can also thank some dreadful refereeing decisions for it being that bad, can't you.

Now, onto a more sensible topic ;) , i thought Utd winning was a fair result and it was the usual good flowing game. Is Rooney going to struggle for his place because Henandez looks very sharp. Could be interesting.

Shame Clattenburg missed Nani's handball, but we were one nil down anyway. He is a very good ref but handled that whole situation very badly. I think Ferguson was spot on in his analysis and aside of everything, Gomes is an experienced player and should know you play to the whistle. What Rednapp said to the media was probably very different to what he said in the dressing room.

Quite why Keane was playing instead of Pav only the manager knows i would imagine.

Nev. you sound particularily silly as does singher coming out with that 1990 statistic. yes our record is appalling against you, however you can also thank some dreadful refereeing decisions for it being that bad, can't you.

Now, onto a more sensible topic ;) , i thought Utd winning was a fair result and it was the usual good flowing game. Is Rooney going to struggle for his place because Henandez looks very sharp. Could be interesting.

Shame Clattenburg missed Nani's handball, but we were one nil down anyway. He is a very good ref but handled that whole situation very badly. I think Ferguson was spot on in his analysis and aside of everything, Gomes is an experienced player and should know you play to the whistle. What Rednapp said to the media was probably very different to what he said in the dressing room.

Quite why Keane was playing instead of Pav only the manager knows i would imagine.

Mate it is called banter :jap:

Agree what you have said about clattenburg he is a good referee maybe could have handled the situation differently.

Yes pav>keane :D

Robbed again :( it was pretty obvious that we were going to score 2 goals in the last 4 mins :D.

How can it be that neither the ref or his assistant saw the handball ?

what are they on the pitch for ?

If the ref saw the handball shouldn't he indicate to play on ?

if he saw the handball why wasn't it a booking for deliberate handball ?

On making them points it doesn't detract from the fact that Gomes was a Knob :D

Edited by alfieconn

Good points.

Say what i've just said on the Utd thread. Sorry for the way the game ended. Nobody likes seeing a game decided in that manner, not even the winning supporters - well me anyway.

Officiating was a mess. How could the handball have been missed? It was so blatant!

That said, if Gomes was confident of it being given as a free kick, as we all were upon seeing no penalty given, why then didn't he place the ball were Nani had handled it? He does this and i think Nani walks away. By placing it where he did, it planted the seed in Nani's mind that it was just a goal kick, which it turned out it was of course.

A mess as i say...

By the way, Van de Vaart even outshone Bale for me. You've got some class in that team.

Good points.

Say what i've just said on the Utd thread. Sorry for the way the game ended. Nobody likes seeing a game decided in that manner, not even the winning supporters - well me anyway.

Officiating was a mess. How could the handball have been missed? It was so blatant!

That said, if Gomes was confident of it being given as a free kick, as we all were upon seeing no penalty given, why then didn't he place the ball were Nani had handled it? He does this and i think Nani walks away. By placing it where he did, it planted the seed in Nani's mind that it was just a goal kick, which it turned out it was of course.

A mess as i say...

By the way, Van de Vaart even outshone Bale for me. You've got some class in that team.

Well said. Yeah our midfield is excellent albeit better with Huddlestone.....our main problem is our strikers are piss poor. Not to detract from Utd's performance yesterday. Overall you deserved to edge it as I thought you just looked a bit sharper up front.

Three new strikers for Christmas please Santa. ;)

Good points.

A mess as i say...

As i've said, i've no problem with the result, it just about reflects the game. As you guys can see we have quality, but we have a couple of positions that need to be dealt with with, centre back and striker, and then we will be a stronger unit. Kaboul is improving hugely but not ready yet and i think King's days are numbered, as we cannot keep rotating to accomodate him to play so few games. If we are still up there by the next transfer window, i'm sure we will spend big on a top quality striker, and we will stay very strong for the rest of the season.

I thought Raphael was very good and its the second or third time he's impressed me. The Mexican is going to be very good isn't he!!

I dont know why we even bother going to old stratford anymore we never get a right decission we get robbed season in and season out, i am so tired of united getting away with murder every week :boring::redcard1:

If Nani had been a Spurs player you would be moaning at the travesty of a penalty having not been awarded.

I dont know why we even bother going to old stratford anymore we never get a right decission we get robbed season in and season out, i am so tired of united getting away with murder every week :boring::redcard1:

If Nani had been a Spurs player you would be moaning at the travesty of a penalty having not been awarded.

well it wasnt one but we dont get pens there anyway look at the last few games there absolutley blatant pens but as usual ............. nothing :bah:

well it wasnt one but we dont get pens there anyway look at the last few games there absolutley blatant pens but as usual ............. nothing :bah:

I accept that refs do get intimidated at times, whether it be by managers (you know who) or by the crowds, and that can affect their decision making, but most of the time it simply comes down to crap refereeing. Yesterday was a case in point. But i can understand why you would prefer to believe there to be a conspiracy against you.

Yes i hate bad decisions like that,spurs where robbed of fully deserved one nil loss :D

Best performance i have seen from us in a very long time. Tore them apart. If Crouch had'nt manged to miss an open goal it should have been four one. I'm hoping this result might enhance our credibility in the transfer market when we go for a striker in January.

I wonder how much monkey boy is worth now? i was starting to feel sorry for Maicon. In fairness though i was impressed with us all all round. The defence was excellent. midfield in control for most of the game, but i'm still left asking the same question as to why was Crouch playing? Pav is a far better and more effective player.

It was also one of the most ridiculous dives by Jenas that i've ever seen from a player. Looked a right <deleted>.

Does this mean we are the best team in europe now? :lol:

:header:

We're certainly the biggest. :D

Jenas should be transferred to scammerland where he will be a perfect replacement for Parker. Crouch back to scouseville either half baked side will do. Top quality strikers in January.....surely!!!

Great to watch us boss last year's Champions.....even though I've obviously a massive hangover just can't stop smiling!

:D :D :D

Would'nt Suarez look good playing upfront for us in January. ;)

I've read today Liverpool are looking to bring Crouch back to Anfield. Having had to witness his current form, if it helps i will personally drive him there. Current form suggests he is more like plan z than plan b.:(

oh god christmas has come early to white hart lane. santa gave you what you wanted did he ? walking and dreaming in yet another winter wonderland.rolleyes.gif

but, just like christmas and the weeks that follows the new year, no doubt spurs will come back down to earth with a bump after reality and normal service resumes in their next couple of games. whistling.giflaugh.gifwink.gif

oh god christmas has come early to white hart lane. santa gave you what you wanted did he ? walking and dreaming in yet another winter wonderland.rolleyes.gif

but, just like christmas and the weeks that follows the new year, no doubt spurs will come back down to earth with a bump after reality and normal service resumes in their next couple of games. whistling.giflaugh.gifwink.gif

Your lot are having a good run in the carling i hear. :whistling:

and top of our respective group in the champions league, with only a few points needed to qualify for the next stages from our next 3 games. plus second in the league ! biggrin.gif

Edited by tigerfish

and top of our respective group in the champions league, with only a few points needed to qualify for the next stages from our next 3 games. plus second in the league ! biggrin.gif

As carmine was kind enough to point out had we a decent fit striker we'd be pushing for second as well.....top of our CL group .

And to top it off our manager don't need to win the mickey mouse cup to save his skin! :D

As carmine was kind enough to point out had we a decent fit striker we'd be pushing for second as well.....top of our CL group .

And to top it off our manager don't need to win the mickey mouse cup to save his skin! :D

Arsenal always start well but as usual the longer the season goes on the lack of depth in your squad will show and you will implode. Wenger also does not recognise the value of a good keeper, and that will cost you more points as there's another hilarious cock up just round the corner. Oh dear :crying:

smokie, trying to save old harrys skin is a lost cause. a bit like trying to save a whale from being culled off the shores of japan.

like Ive said before, he looks more like a cross between a spitting image puppet and a cabbage patch doll, gnawing away at his false teeth down on the touch line. not a pretty sight ! biggrin.gif