Tottenham Thread

chonabot

9 hours ago, jellydog said:

When is Lamela due back ? I'm not his biggest fan but he adds some scrap when he is on the pitch.

Back soon and yes, a very important part of the midfield.  Great workrate and an ideal player for the way we play.

• 2 weeks later...

With all the other sides above us winning we were under a lot of pressure.  It showed in the first twenty minutes and we were very poor.

Then suddenly something kicked in and we produced one of the most ruthless finishing i've seen from us in a long time.  Aside of the pressure we were under an away fixture at Southampton is a tough one and i reckon Pochettino is a very happy chap right now.  

Lets hope Toby's back for the Watford fixture.  Vertonghen is a shadow of the player he is when Rob's not playing.

On 12/29/2016 at 9:39 AM, carmine said:

Kyle Walker and Jan Vertonghen miss the Watford game.  

When is Poch going to give a start to Carter-Vickers, because i'm going to presume he'll go with Wimmer?

Hearing today that Wimmer's loan move is complete so brings me back to the question raised yesterday as to what is happening with Carter-Vickers?  

8 hours ago, carmine said:

Hearing today that Wimmer's loan move is complete so brings me back to the question raised yesterday as to what is happening with Carter-Vickers?  

Be very surprised if Poch lets anyone go in Jan, perhaps if he could get a like for like replacement !

13 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Be very surprised if Poch lets anyone go in Jan, perhaps if he could get a like for like replacement !

This is a weird one because i read it on Twitter that he's been loaned back to Cologne.  Surely has to be wrong!

Very good performance all round, just disappointing to concede a sloppy avoidable goal.

Really looking forward to wednesdays game.  This time Chelsea will have to play us at full strength so we'll see how good they really are.

Very good performance all round, just disappointing to concede a sloppy avoidable goal.

Really looking forward to wednesdays game.  This time Chelsea will have to play us at full strength so we'll see how good they really are.

8 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Happy New Year gents...on a good run so let's hope our form continues and we keep our concentration for the full 90 mins tonight!

Happy New Year and hoping for a GOOD Spurs win.

Even if it means Smokie beats me ????

BT 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BIGTOE3 said:

What a goal, Brill !!!!  Scrappy ? your watching the wrong game mate.:post-4641-1156694572:

Nah scrappy game until late in 1st half

Good battle but scrappy as expected. Silly booking though may cost you big time in 2nd half. I hope not but he's a bit touchy alli so expect some prodding. Lesson over.

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Fair play to Pochettino....targeting Chelsea's relative short-<deleted> in Moses and Azpilicueta:post-4641-1156694572:

i've been saying all bloody season that teams should target moses with a strong attacker. he's clearly chelsea's weak link. hopefully more teams will clock that now.

played spurs, excellent 3 points.