Tottenham Thread

chonabot

12 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

To be honest I'm not saying much in here anymore it's making tottenham look interesting on TV stats and you Aconn are anything but interesting so I'm off to hijack something else. You got done son. Well and truly done.

Show me the figs where were we blew 100m :passifier:

14 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

To be honest I'm not saying much in here anymore it's making tottenham look interesting on TV stats and you Aconn are anything but interesting so I'm off to hijack something else. You got done son. Well and truly done.

8 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Top 6 mini league.

C1W6-o4WIAAQXlY.jpg:large

Is this games or your favourite subject of financial fairplay Aconn. I bet you got a graph for that too. Get a graph for fans too lad. THFC - tottenham hotspur FEEDER club.

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Is this games or your favourite subject of financial fairplay Aconn. I bet you got a graph for that too. Get a graph for fans too lad. THFC - tottenham hotspur FEEDER club.

This money coming in and not net spending too much, we should have the new stadium paid for in no time :licklips:

Spurs received £95.2m in TV money for the 15/16 season. If we finished bottom this season, we'd get £97m. Another 3rd place gets £142m.

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

This money coming in and not net spending too much, we should have the new stadium paid for in no time :licklips:

Spurs received £95.2m in TV money for the 15/16 season. If we finished bottom this season, we'd get £97m. Another 3rd place gets £142m.

So in your book it's win win yeah. Bottom place still nearly 100 million. 

I like your realistic approach though Aconn. Aiming for 3rd place it would appear a juicy 142 in the bank. Win win. 

12 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

So in your book it's win win yeah. Bottom place still nearly 100 million. 

I like your realistic approach though Aconn. Aiming for 3rd place it would appear a juicy 142 in the bank. Win win. 

2 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

Show me which other club we are currently feeding....is it Watford?

Show you.  As a fan you should know this stuff but you do not so you tell me why your not a feeder club. Oh f.uck this I'll be here all day waiting for you two.

Modric

Carrick

Bale

Gascoigne 

Berbatov

History has proven that the Spurs board like a bit of Wonga and a near empty trophy cabinet is tolerated providing the cash rolls in. 

Smokie you and Aconn related?  So what you saying Smoke Watford are now being fed players by tottenham? - So you think players of that standing are feeders. I think cast offs is the word you were looking for. 

Seriously I am disappointed. Spurs for all your shambolic years have a decent young team with a couple of absolute gems. Deserve better fans . REAL MADRID double Swoop 140 mill do ya???

19 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

You seem to be more about financials than football. The purpose of that 2013 spree was to ensure Bales departure could be counter balanced with strong players who would impact your club positively. Here's a link which I spent two minutes finding just for you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3764900/Tottenham-Hotspur-just-two-seven-players-bought-Gareth-Bale-money-success-been.html

So you have been shown.

The manager charged with that transition is now gone as are most of the players so not exactly a success that spree not to mention a decline in league position.

Our buys. Yes as an honest fan I can take criticism where it's due and Balotelli was an awful gamble and Carroll was priced at a premium due to the late activity and deadline looming. But and you know what's coming..... we sold a superstar for 50 million brought Carroll and some guy for 21 million forgot his name now oh yes Luis Suarez and we then sold him for 75 million? Suarez's arrival nearly brought the title home in 2014 so that's the kind of ROI a real fan hopes for. Not his sell on fee 3+ years after their arrival. Bunch of duds and Eriksen yes I like him a lot but I expected more from him to be totally honest and that argie has taken an age to mature. Those players were not for the future they were for right then. It did not happen. 

Please try harder if you want to discuss football. 

If your going to discuss football and come on the Spurs thread get the figs right,  75m   <deleted> !

14 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Why 75m  then ? oh it's always best to inflate a price by 10m :biggrin:

In fairness Alfie, 75m was his release clause, so everyone thought that was the fee. It only emerged several months later that the fee was 10m less than what was in his clause

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Show you.  As a fan you should know this stuff but you do not so you tell me why your not a feeder club. Oh f.uck this I'll be here all day waiting for you two.

Modric

Carrick

Bale

Gascoigne 

Berbatov

History has proven that the Spurs board like a bit of Wonga and a near empty trophy cabinet is tolerated providing the cash rolls in. 

Smokie you and Aconn related?  So what you saying Smoke Watford are now being fed players by tottenham? - So you think players of that standing are feeders. I think cast offs is the word you were looking for. 

Seriously I am disappointed. Spurs for all your shambolic years have a decent young team with a couple of absolute gems. Deserve better fans . REAL MADRID double Swoop 140 mill do ya???

Stop being a muppet, 99% of all clubs sell their best players if they are offered big money !

Five players sold for huge profit over the last 25 years makes us a selling club?

Halarious stuff.

I think we'll have to remind you about Suarez.

Glass houses and all that....bloody flimsy ones too!

When are you building your new stadium btw?

:post-4641-1156694572:

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

In fairness Alfie, 75m was his release clause, so everyone thought that was the fee. It only emerged several months later that the fee was 10m less than what was in his clause

Are you the muppets defense lawyer now ? the crux of it is that he went for 65m, when it emerged or didn't emerge or if he had a release clause or what everyone thought is immaterial !

P.s. To be fair, i knew it was 65m and i didn't give a monkeys how much he went for.

Edited by alfieconn

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Stop being a muppet, 99% of all clubs sell their best players if they are offered big money !

Hence the words "exodus waiting to happen" 

Made your bed.

Pochettino apprenticeship will be over soon too.

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

In case anyone has forgot :biggrin:

C1b0eMkWIAED4Vs.jpg

Alfie, why do you constantly harp on about net spend? Those figures on their own are absolutely meaningless in a business sense. Several other financial factors are far more important i.e the operating profit or EBITDA which shows you a company's performance.

No denying City have spent big but there was a clear fiscal plan for doing that. Following our first season gong into profit with the current owners, Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said  of City's financial well-being.

He said: "We have made a profit again. We are constantly moving in the right direction financially as a club and that's one of the things I'm particularly proud of.

"Sheikh Mansour had a dream from day one that he would invest in a club, he would build value, he would put a lot of commitment into it, but that that club would be financially sustainable and would be profitable.

"That dream is a reality. It works. We are one of the top clubs in the world. We are financially sustainable and we are consistently profitable."

I would much rather have that business plan Alfie, than just looking at how much you buy and sell players for.

41 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

It's just a case of when not if with Alli, guy needs a bigger stage and no matter how big the stadium it will not be wearing a spurs top.

i like you........Ali love in.....who is bigger than Spurs at the moment..5555

41 minutes ago, champers said:

He will be a bit of a novelty if he does move abroad. English players only go abroad when they are past their best here: Ashley Cole, Gerrard, Lampard. They miss their egg and chips too much.

Tides turning fast on that one.  China's coming along strong and mcmannaman might disagree as would Owen as would platt as would Ian rush as would as would. Premiership was a melting pot for a while no other reason to jump ship but it's happening. Rooney should f uckoff fast against his will would be best. Some club might pint 400 a week his way and do you a favour.