Tottenham Thread

chonabot

So out of curiosity lads....after both strikers were on show last night which would you prefer Levy shell out for....Benzema or Carroll?

Sorry smokes but i have to back to this. ;)

Please, i need to know the thought process behind this one. Is this some kind of an elaborate troll to undermine our thread? i can't believe we've heard the last from singher on this one. :D

Before i forget mate, congrats on the the Scotland win the other night. I felt the Faroe lads were going into that game way too confident and well, you made them pay. :D

Edited by carmine

So out of curiosity lads....after both strikers were on show last night which would you prefer Levy shell out for....Benzema or Carroll?

Sorry smokes but i have to back to this. ;)

Please, i need to know the thought process behind this one. Is this some kind of an elaborate troll to undermine our thread? i can't believe we've heard the last from singher on this one. :D

No need..:D

Honestly, there's no need...:D

I refuse to be drawn on the Scotland game other than to say it was a solid performance against our near equals. :ermm::o:(

Back to international strikers.....Crouchie the clown had at least 10 mins last night and exerted himself way too much scoring his goal as usual as well.

I reckon he should be rested on Saturday...don't want him picking up an injury....you know the kind that would mean us playing Defoe and Pav till January....:whistling:

Ahh January......:rolleyes::lol:

I refuse to be drawn on the Scotland game other than to say it was a solid performance against our near equals. :ermm::o:(

Back to international strikers.....Crouchie the clown had at least 10 mins last night and exerted himself way too much scoring his goal as usual as well.

I reckon he should be rested on Saturday...don't want him picking up an injury....you know the kind that would mean us playing Defoe and Pav till January....:whistling:

The January transfer window seems a very long way away right now.

so feeling confident about the big game this weekend then lads. biggrin.gif

Oh, just when i thought...and then up he pops!!!:rolleyes:

Actually i'm laying low with this one. I have a horrid feeling about it. Don't ask me why but it won't go away. :( However if we pull off the unexpected you had better take a couple of months off as you will be relentlessly pursued T'fish and you know it.

BTW, there might just be some atmosphere there tomorrow, as we are set to defy Wengers programme notes as he has asked for total peace and quiet during the game Apparently we are also not allowed to tackle again and the usual wenger blah blah blah i wanna be like Sir Alex but i'm too much of a whining pussy blah blah blah dont hurt my little Cesc blah blah i did'nt see the incident even though it was right infront of my <deleted> mince pies, stop tackling my players it hurts yadda yadda blah blah blah stop stop interfering with my french singer bloke whining whinging Wenger.

Know what i mean. :D

Edited by carmine

Oh, just when i thought...and then up he pops!!!:rolleyes:

Actually i'm laying low with this one. I have a horrid feeling about it. Don't ask me why but it won't go away. :( However if we pull off the unexpected you had better take a couple of months off as you will be relentlessly pursued T'fish and you know it.

BTW, there might just be some atmosphere there tomorrow, as we are set to defy Wengers programme notes as he has asked for total peace and quiet during the game Apparently we are also not allowed to tackle again and the usual wenger blah blah blah i wanna be like Sir Alex but i'm too much of a whining pussy blah blah blah dont hurt my little Cesc blah blah i did'nt see the incident even though it was right infront of my <deleted> mince pies, stop tackling my players it hurts yadda yadda blah blah blah stop stop interfering with my french singer bloke whining whinging Wenger.

Know what i mean. :D

Latest news is Wenger has been granted a super duper injunction from the high court banning any Tottenham fans from singing songs about him. He won't stand for it I tell you....no he won't....really he's not putting up with any nonsense at all.

I'm off to Ladbrokes this morning to see what the prices are on Wengers star jumps and gallic hair ruffling....although the mincer seems to have won the latter battle of late.

I admire your confidence by the way carmine. ;) You know what I mean.

I have a sneaking feeling Ladbrokes will be agreeing with me don't you?

Anyway i remain with a small glimmer of hope. Wenger is such a bad sportsman, sore loser and all round big girls blouse it would be great to see one of his tantrums again.

Remember when he squared up to Martin Jol?!! :lol:

He'd better not try the same with 'Arry....after all Sandra might be stopping by the club bar after a days shopping in town. Could get a flea in his ear the old froggie....:D

I'm expecting a good game tomorrow. The usual first 20 mins of possession wis you nothing football from the Arse...then we'll unleash monkey boy and VDV and Defoe canlink up and show them the route one tactic efficiently. By midway through the second half hopefully we'll have 'em in disarray.......

Confident....me?....nah just quietly does it mate. ;)

I'd like to believe Defoe will be playing because he can run the line well but i don't think he's quite going to make it. Hope i'm wrong or the Arsenal defense are going to have the luxury that is the Crouchinho.

Wenger will have a plan for Bale but that should open up the other flank. i don't have a problem going forward. My concern is what sort of protection our back four are going to get directly infront of them.

Attack being the best form of defence.....talking about box to box players our midfield is going to have to work bloody hard. 'Arry will have to get his substitutions spo on in the second half...no squandering chances...and no fuc_k ups from Kaboul or Assio-Ekotto either.

This is no game to make schoolboy errors....size 10 for any of these mistakes tomorrow.

so as i thought ! all talk for most of the day from the usual suspects, but no predictions.

fancy putting your money where your mouth is then boys ? how about a little friendly wager on the outcome of tomorrows big game.

or is this just going to be another repeat of the same kind of thing us arsenal fans have become so accustomed to over the last god knows how many years when spurs visit the home of the mighty gunners. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

in all honesty i think you might just get away with a 1 - 1 draw if you can score first. saying that though it could very well work against you and a leash of attack upon attack may follow with a scoreline something in the region of 3 - 1 being the end result.

best case scenario i would have thought for your lot would be a late 0 - 1 win. still beggars cant be choosers i suppose, in such difficult circumstances. laugh.gif

oh btw, anyone watched groundhog day lately ? whistling.gif

Edited by tigerfish

so as i thought ! all talk for most of the day from the usual suspects, but no predictions.

fancy putting your money where your mouth is then boys ? how about a little friendly wager on the outcome of tomorrows big game.

or is this just going to be another repeat of the same kind of thing us arsenal fans have become so accustomed to over the last god knows how many years when spurs visit the home of the mighty gunners. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

in all honesty i think you might just get away with a 1 - 1 draw if you can score first. saying that though it could very well work against you and a leash of attack upon attack may follow with a scoreline something in the region of 3 - 1 being the end result.

best case scenario i would have thought for your lot would be a late 0 - 1 win. still beggars cant be choosers i suppose, in such difficult circumstances. laugh.gif

oh btw, anyone watched groundhog day lately ? whistling.gif

As long as we play to our strengths and don't do anything stupid at the back it will be a very interesting game tigerfish. Plenty of attacking talent on both teams so I'm voting for a high scoring game.

Obviously us to win 3-2.....barring you telli ng the ref to send off one of our players of course.

Great news about Woodgate but i still think they'll leave it late before including him in the Jan 25 player squad.

Predictions predictions....i think a narrow Arsenal win but you never know. As smokie said, someone apart fromVDV and bale needs to stand up. Its also about time one of our Croats scored. ;)

We need to be careful because they are a very cynical team, well, totally loathesome actually, but they will, along with their manager, be trying to get our players booked at every oppotunity. i also hear theres a very bad smell at their stadium :o so we must be vigilant.

Great news about Woodgate but i still think they'll leave it late before including him in the Jan 25 player squad.

Predictions predictions....i think a narrow Arsenal win but you never know. As smokie said, someone apart fromVDV and bale needs to stand up. Its also about time one of our Croats scored. ;)

We need to be careful because they are a very cynical team, well, totally loathesome actually, but they will, along with their manager, be trying to get our players booked at every oppotunity. i also hear theres a very bad smell at their stadium :o so we must be vigilant.

that bad smell mr carmine only occurs once a year. that would be on the day when your lot turn up with all their smoked salmon bagels, pickled gherkins, salt beef, sabbat bread and kosher wine. not to mention the stench that comes from gefilte fish bah.gif

or maybe it comes from the gas that your players let off after eating their pre match meal of lasagna. wink.gif

Edited by tigerfish

that bad smell mr carmine only occurs once a year. that would be on the day when your lot turn up with all their smoked salmon bagels, pickled gherkins, salt beef, sabbat bread and kosher wine. not to mention the stench that comes from gefilte fish bah.gif

or maybe it comes from the gas that your players let off after eating their pre match meal of lasagna. wink.gif

A ldt of hot air for a bloke who's finished off a gutbuster breakfast innit!

I really hope the ref stamps on your play acting nonsense early on and we have a decent game of football....which of course we'll win.

@santisook......just say it mate don't be shy.....coz no one knows 'what you're blethering about' but yerself. Say it like a man <deleted> not like the 'well ya know what I mean' silent grimacing gnome that you are.

Woodgate a month away from starting a game! I'd love to see him playing again...

He's keeping us all guessing again...no surprise! Will have to get to the boozer early for the team news.

You oiling those joints yet carmine? :D

Woodgate a month away from starting a game! I'd love to see him playing again...

He's keeping us all guessing again...no surprise! Will have to get to the boozer early for the team news.

You oiling those joints yet carmine? :D

i used to enjoy a beer for "an hour or so" mr. smokie at the Antwerp or the Bell and Hare before the match. Then a quick stroll to the Park Lane stand. But i have to admit i never have been in the habit of getting on the sauce nine hours before the match. :D

saying that, if we played Mancini/Money City football i think i'd be on it every game. More entertaining watching the grass grow. :lol:

i used to enjoy a beer for "an hour or so" mr. smokie at the Antwerp or the Bell and Hare before the match. Then a quick stroll to the Park Lane stand. But i have to admit i never have been in the habit of getting on the sauce nine hours before the match. :D

saying that, if we played Mancini/Money City football i think i'd be on it every game. More entertaining watching the grass grow. :lol:

Let's hope we're enjoying a celebratory piss up later today! ;)

It'll be more than a piss up if we win.

I'm just frantically checking to see that Howard Webb is doing our game.:o That tosser never does us any favours and Arsenal best wins are normally against 10 men. ;)

It'll be more than a piss up if we win.

I'm just frantically checking to see that Howard Webb is doing our game.:o That tosser never does us any favours and Arsenal best wins are normally against 10 men. ;)

What's happened to the fishy lad? I reckon he's stuck on the crapper.....has alfie nobbled his sausages I wonder.....serves him right the deluded fool.

Well you did offer him a 'Gallas' the other week......:D