Tottenham Thread

chonabot

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm surprised you can see anything with that bally on. But I bet they see you coming from miles off with that shade of pink on yer lips bob.

You wouldn't see anything coming Rc, but you'd certainly feel the sharp, hard, merciless pain of humility...sealed with a kiss

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

You wouldn't see anything coming Rc, but you'd certainly feel the sharp, hard, merciless pain of humility...sealed with a kiss

Sent you an image over PM bob. Make sure you open it on a min 32 inch screen.

17 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Sent you an image over PM bob. Make sure you open it on a min 32 inch screen.

65' smallest screen we have, opened your pm image on it. Thought the screen was dirty, in-house help gave it a shine, alas just a blank screen. Can you send it again, maybe magnify by a million.

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

65' smallest screen we have, opened your pm image on it. Thought the screen was dirty, in-house help gave it a shine, alas just a blank screen. Can you send it again, maybe magnify by a million.

Does r2d2 have a knob?

Maybe he should start a new C3PO nick. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Adjust your colour bob it's just a reciept for ronnies bar bill during happy hour. Those dirty marks you mention are just scribble from his crossword

• Like 1

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I want Liverpool to win also. BUT one cannot let loyalties get in the way of serious forecasting.

Owl if I may. Where do your loyalties actually lie? From what I can gather your lfc mcfc and spurs rolled into 1?

• Like 2

Just read ahead of todays game that Roy Hodgson says that he and Pochettino are footballing "souls" and have the same philosophy as to how the game should be played!!  <deleted>!!!!!

Considering how he Hodged five of our players during the euros i expect Poch to be double insulted.:smile:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I've been wondering the exact same about Owl. I think he's a Spurs fan but I'm not sure.

I think he's a Spurs fan that has no particular dislike of any other clubs.

Edited by carmine

How i'd like to see us go tonight;

Vorm

Sanchez    Dier    Vertonghen

Aurier                                                                   Davies

Winks

Dele

Eriksen                            Son

Kane

All being well and we score first it would be nice to be able to give Rose and Lamela  in particular some game time.  Obviously Lloris Toby and Wanyama are injured but Dembele needs to be wrapped in cotton wool and good to go for the NLD.

Edited by carmine

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

Vorm

Sanchez    Dier    Vertonghen

Aurier                                                                   Davies

Winks

Dele

Eriksen                            Son

Kane

Is Trippier injured or just on your bench!?

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Is Trippier injured or just on your bench!?

On the bench, i think Aurier needs the run out.  Davies is first choice and bar that knock he received on wednesday he should play, although i'm of course unaware whether it will keep him out.  Winks is more than capable of controlling the midfield, pace of the game so Dembele can sit on the bench.  Son also needs game time.

The player to keep an eye on is Zaha.   Saying that its always very predictable how a Hodgson team will play because aside of throwing one in with their striker on the wing and taking corners it'll be us facing flat banks of defenders and if we get the early goal it could be a big score.

17 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'd prefer Llorente to start alongside Kane.

Son as an impact sub seems more effective.

Dembele on the bench makes sense and if Winks gets crowded in midfield he can be brought on. 

Thats going to be one the question marks this season whether he's going for Son or Llorente.  Frankly the win tonight is so important all i care about is three points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

Thats going to be one the question marks this season whether he's going for Son or Llorente.  Frankly the win tonight is so important all i care about is three points.

Son seems unable to boss a game as yet for 90 mins.

He is terrific for half an hour particularly against tired defenders.

His enthusiasm is definitely a big plus on and off the pitch.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Poor really but we'll take the points today.

Hopefully Kane will rule himself out for England.

A bit fortunate Ronnie, but maybe not unexpected. What surprised me the most was the poor game management after Spurs scored. Spurs looked like a tired bunch. But you nabbed three points and now the break.

How 'bout your third string Argie keeper ?! A decent showing !

Well that was a definite hangover from wednesday and we were very lucky.  Thats the luckiest three points we'll get all season.  Palace should have scored three times before Son scored.

As i said yesterday, all i wanted was the points so on that basis i'm happy because apart from our keeper, who proved we have extremely good back up, there was nothing else to smile about really.

Roll on the NLD

Aurier proving to be a real enigma.  Thats the second horrendous error that should have cost us another goal.  Yet he's really good on the ball, a great attacking threat but Poch really needs to iron out the sloppiness fast.

NLD has to be Trippier i reckon.  Hopefully Poch will not release Dele and Kane to Southgate.

15 hours ago, jellydog said:

A bit fortunate Ronnie, but maybe not unexpected. What surprised me the most was the poor game management after Spurs scored. Spurs looked like a tired bunch. But you nabbed three points and now the break.

How 'bout your third string Argie keeper ?! A decent showing !

The new Gazza!!

He wasn't paying attention though at one point and should have been off his line much sharper.

Other than that just superb and deserved MOM award.

Son with his near post miss would have otherwise got it....Son is so hot and cold at the moment....consistency lad....gotta love him though.

Marcus Edwards has been called in to train with the England squad.........perhaps this will see a major change in his attitude and he'll stop reading his own press.  A mercurial talent is being wasted here.

Read yesterday that we are favorites in the away fixture for the NLD for the first time in the premier league era, so lets hope the bookies rarely wrong saying holds true.

As per usual just give Ozil a good solid wack in the first five minutes and he'll go missing.......

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^I'm surprised nobody is offering you big money for Eriksen. If City could take one player from spurs I'd have him.

The offers will arrive soon enough.  With the form he's in thats in no doubt.