Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Pleased to see Cameron Carter-Vickers is being recalled from loan.  We really don't have the back up if we  get further bad luck with injuries.  

Juan Foyth looks a talent but still imho one for the future.

Marcus Edwards on loan to Norwich.   Well, its up to him now,  but this is starting to look like the sad tale of wasted talent we've all seen before.  I don't think the nickname "Mini Messi" should have been allowed by the club because it seems to have gone to his head and effected his attitude.  This is going to be a hugely important time in his development.

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Jesus you guys are so <deleted> defensive on the Spurs forum! . It's a forum for discussing football opinions. I asked the Spurs posters opinion. Try joining in.

Go play with Fluffoff.  

And don't forget to check out Fernandinho's Wiki page!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Jesus you guys are so <deleted> defensive on the Spurs forum! . It's a forum for discussing football opinions. I asked the Spurs posters opinion. Try joining in.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

just ask them. when they last won the epl. poor inconsiderate bastards lol

On 14/01/2018 at 3:38 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

^What Premier position do you think Spurs will finish the season?

Arsenal would have to pull more rabbits from their hat than Paul Daniels and he's almost as grey as Wenger so top five at least.

Honestly who can predict 2-5 in this league?

One thing I will say is Utd and the chavs don't look committed units so that can only work in our favour and Toby and Wanyama should be both firing as well.

Will be exciting I think.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Arsenal would have to pull more rabbits from their hat than Paul Daniels and he's almost as grey as Wenger so top five at least.

Honestly who can predict 2-5 in this league?

One thing I will say is Utd and the chavs don't look committed units so that can only work in our favour and Toby and Wanyama should be both firing as well.

Will be exciting I think.

No mate, were going to win the league.  Or are we going down?  

23 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Once Kane forces his move next week we're doomed.

At least Alfredo wasn't suckered into a huge bet. :biggrin:

They're all off.  If its not next week its the end next summer, again!!  

Apparently its of no particular advantage to be able to pay more to buy players and pay the biggest salaries but in the same vein were losing all our best players any day now because of it.......couldn't make this shit up!!!:smile:

17 minutes ago, carmine said:

They're all off.  If its not next week its the end next summer, again!!  

Apparently its of no particular advantage to be able to pay more to buy players and pay the biggest salaries but in the same vein were losing all our best players any day now because of it.......couldn't make this shit up!!!:smile:

Its funny how Citeh are now paragons of virtue a week after trying to buy Arsenal's best player on the cheap.

Hilarious actually!

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Its funny how Citeh are now paragons of virtue a week after trying to buy Arsenal's best player on the cheap.

Hilarious actually!

Or have they colluded with the player and his agent same way its being suggested Barkley did with Chelsea?

Who knows what goes on in the mad world of the football transfer market!!

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

Or have they colluded with the player and his agent same way its being suggested Barkley did with Chelsea?

Who knows what goes on in the mad world of the football transfer market!!

You're surely not suggesting he might sit tight till the summer then get an even more obscene amount of cash?

I wonder if he's ever eaten at Little Chef at 4am....

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You're surely not suggesting he might sit tight till the summer then get an even more obscene amount of cash?

I wonder if he's ever eaten at Little Chef at 4am....

Well, on the level of wages he's asking for i'd imagine a free transfer would be beneficial.  Ross Barkley too was asking for wages way above his level of player, but with a 20m saving by sitting out a few months it builds a whole different picture.  Just my thoughts on a wednesday morn.....

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well, on the level of wages he's asking for i'd imagine a free transfer would be beneficial.  Ross Barkley too was asking for wages way above his level of player, but with a 20m saving by sitting out a few months it builds a whole different picture.  Just my thoughts on a wednesday morn.....

The plus of course for Citeh is Sanchez won't be playing too rough knowing his contract is almost up....no risking serious injury with the £££££ just a short distance away.

As said the players have almost all of the power nowadays.

I think that if we get Lopez back then it will be as direct competition for Lloris !

Mauricio Pochettino and his coaching staff watched Pau Lopez in action during Espanyol's draw with Athletic Bilbao at the weekend. Pau’s contract expires on 30 July. Could return to replace Vorm in the summer.

Now the first-choice goalkeeper at the Spanish side, Pau looks likely to be moving on come the end of the season having not extended his stay with the club. Former Espanyol manager Sergio Gonzalez has hinted that the 23-year-old could return to Spurs in the summer.

Carmine "Bet you found Fernandinho's Wiki page amazing too!!!"

Suggest if you want to continue the Fernandinho discussion further you raise it again on the City page - I'm game - but with regards the Fernandinho wiki page have a read of my post of links referring to Fernandinho as a box-to-box player and you'll see that I quoted the wiki page before you mentioned it.

Ps. Pleased to see Ronnie had a go at posting his opinion of where Spurs will finish these season, cheers.

22 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine "Bet you found Fernandinho's Wiki page amazing too!!!"

Suggest if you want to continue the Fernandinho discussion further you raise it again on the City page - I'm game - but with regards the Fernandinho wiki page have a read of my post of links referring to Fernandinho as a box-to-box player and you'll see that I quoted the wiki page before you mentioned it.

Ps. Pleased to see Ronnie had a go at posting his opinion of where Spurs will finish these season, cheers.

I'm not interested in discussing Spurs matters with you.  You are better suited to defending Fluffoff, hopefully on a different thread to this.

Edited by carmine

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Obviously two big stories this morning.

Will we sign Malcolm?

Believe it when I see it!!

The curious case of Carter-Vickers swapping loans...what is that all about then??

We won't be signing anyone.

The Carter-Vickers thing is a weird one isn't it!!

Edited by carmine

2 hours ago, carmine said:

We won't be signing anyone.

The Carter-Vickers thing is a weird one isn't it!!

Just read a piece on the CCV situation and apparently a loan to Ipswich was considered better for his development and there were question marks over the type of football he was playing at Sheffield.......make of that what you will.  

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Just read a piece on the CCV situation and apparently a loan to Ipswich was considered better for his development and there were question marks over the type of football he was playing at Sheffield.......make of that what you will.  

Well it at least sbows they are keeping a close eye on his development.

He seemed to be happy enough there however....let's hope he gets plenty of games at Ipswich.

Well that was entertaining considering the conditions.

Considering your next 3 EPL matches, that was a must win really. It's made our match tomorrow a very important one to win.

Edited by BangrakBob