Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I want to make a prediction for this weeks game but i don't want to incur the wrath of a certain rambling msingh especially as i havn't had time to write a full report :( .

Interesting battle between Gallas and Drogba.....Dawson should play which is a big bonus for us. I'll say 2-1 to us....Cech is usually tough to score against....

My full report is of course available in public libraries the length and breadth of Thailand. ;)

I want to make a prediction for this weeks game but i don't want to incur the wrath of a certain rambling msingh especially as i havn't had time to write a full report :( .

Interesting battle between Gallas and Drogba.....Dawson should play which is a big bonus for us. I'll say 2-1 to us....Cech is usually tough to score against....

My full report is of course available in public libraries the length and breadth of Thailand. ;)

Smoke, i'm just a bit worried that with there recent run of bad results plus people expecting us to win, that it will all go pear shaped :(.

Smoke, i'm just a bit worried that with there recent run of bad results plus people expecting us to win, that it will all go pear shaped :(.

I only expect us to have a go.....to at least play well and create chances. Scoring goals is real pot luck for us at the moment.....

I hope we have some decent central midfielders available this weekend cos letting in three and being overrun by Twente at times don't bode well.

That said I'm looking forward to it....we do seem to raise the bar when its needed. ;)

(I know you said don't feed the bears but....I just can't resist)......or was that monkeys??:D

Edited by smokie36

:D

Explain yourself Singher, telepathy is not one of my strong points ;)

Are there really people out there that would EXPECT T*ttingham, a Team that has sit in 5th position in the League for the vast majority of the Year, to beat a Team that has sat in 1st position of the League for the majority of teh Year, just because they're going through a bad patch without 3 of their best Players, that's seen them win their CL Group & sit 2 points off the top of the Premiership with the joint best GD ??

Who are these Clowns Alf, tell me ?? :D

Ok, Lloyd is one, who are the rest ?? :D

Are there really people out there that would EXPECT T*ttingham, a Team that has sit in 5th position in the League for the vast majority of the Year, to beat a Team that has sat in 1st position of the League for the majority of teh Year, just because they're going through a bad patch without 3 of their best Players, that's seen them win their CL Group & sit 2 points off the top of the Premiership with the joint best GD ??

I was assuming that the neutrals would expect a spurs win based on the following facts :

1. Spurs are at home.

2. Chelsea havn't won a league game for 4 games.

3. Chelsea have only won 3 league away games all season.

4. Spurs have only lost 1 home game all season.

5. Spurs havn't lost for 5 league games.

It's called form Singher, something neutrals would base their predictions on, a bit like the horses really, but it doesn't necesary mean that they are going to be right !

Edited by alfieconn

I was assuming that the neutrals would expect a spurs win based on the following facts :

1. Spurs are at home.

2. Chelsea havn't won a league game for 4 games.

3. Chelsea have only won 3 league away games all season.

4. Spurs have only lost 1 home game all season.

5. Spurs havn't lost for 5 league games.

It's called form Singher, something neutrals would base their predictions on, a bit like the horses really, but it doesn't necesary mean that they are going to be right !

Form is it ??

Looks like short sightedness to me & a short memory if we're talking mainly about 4 & 5 Games ..;)

Alternatively neautrals could point to Chelsea winning 9 out of the last 18 Games at <deleted> Fart Lane, drawing 6 & losing 3..

So that's 3 times you've beat them at Home, out of 18, yeah, less than 20% of Games in the history of Premiership, at your place, if my Maths is right which i think it is....

Can see why people expect you to win, yeah..:rolleyes:

So, sorry, who are these Clowns again ?? :D

& they call it 3 Point Lane don't they, which is what seems to be the most regular outcome of Games between yourselves at SFL ?? :D

You people are a breed unto yourselves, i tell you...:D

Anyone know when the draw for the next round of the champions league is? Who would I prefer? fc Copenhagen would be nice.

And rumours are that Ari's interested again in Glenn johnson, http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/216365/Glen-Johnson-to-race-off-as-Reds-eye-hot-Rod-Fanni Ari boy like's him and knows him well,

Ide like him at spurs.When ari signed him at Portsmouth, Ari really got the best out of him, played him in similar sort of role to Gareth Bale, with a little more defensive responsibility, if I recall correctly,

expensive? well 5/6 mil for hutton 5ish for robbie keane and the same ish for kranks and bobs youre uncle the books are balanced!! well sort of.

Oh yeah whats next, oh yeah, our beloved neighbours Chelsea, dangerous time for us to be playing them,wounded animal, springs to mind, Drogba's not been the same since he had Malaria

someone is going to be on the end of big performance from them, lets hope we can play well enuf to perpetuate their poor run.

Come on u spurs

I'm a neutral when it comes to those other top London sides (see I'm not all bad). I would expect Chelsea to beat Tottenham - they generally rise to the big occasion and its long overdue that they stop sulking about Ray Wilkins. Of course Spurs can win it, but definitely delusional to believe people 'expect' a Spurs win.

Still you can't help but sympathise with Laneites, feeling they now actually have a team that neutrals have some interest in watching. Previously one huge yawn - now worth checking out, courtesy of Dick Van Dyke and Monkey Boy (sorry not meaning to be derogatory - excellent players but its just to late in the day for an Issaan yokel and my wife's family plied me with too much Lao Khao over dinner to remember their names; memo to self - revert to Chang).

Aha Monkey Boy is Gareth Bale - still can't recall the Dutchman's name.

I'm a neutral when it comes to those other top London sides

& so you should be, you're from Yorkshire..:)

I'm not though, i'm a Londoner & i depise them with a passion & when Mobi next comes on, i'm gonna make him look at a Picture of obscenity to spoil his day..

I'm not though, i'm a Londoner & i depise them with a passion..

Take no notice of mis sign's inappropriate teenage style rant,,,,,,, bless. Judging by the time he spends on our forum, he's a closet spur's fan, we all know it, he's just having prob's coming out., poor lad.

Take no notice of mis sign's inappropriate teenage style rant,,,,,,, bless. Judging by the time he spends on our forum, he's a closet spur's fan, we all know it, he's just having prob's coming out., poor lad.

Sad to say you're only partly correct.....singhy looked out of his corner shop curry house and dreamt of the 'big time'.....all that simmering frustration is released here on the forum.

Don't gt too upset with him as he had to endure years of serving up poppadums to victorious yids every Saturday night for years....poor laddie.....!

I'm a neutral when it comes to those other top London sides (see I'm not all bad). I would expect Chelsea to beat Tottenham - they generally rise to the big occasion and its long overdue that they stop sulking about Ray Wilkins. Of course Spurs can win it, but definitely delusional to believe people 'expect' a Spurs win.

Still you can't help but sympathise with Laneites, feeling they now actually have a team that neutrals have some interest in watching. Previously one huge yawn - now worth checking out, courtesy of Dick Van Dyke and Monkey Boy (sorry not meaning to be derogatory - excellent players but its just to late in the day for an Issaan yokel and my wife's family plied me with too much Lao Khao over dinner to remember their names; memo to self - revert to Chang).

Chang and Lao Khao eh.....aye you're as cheap as your wine swilling froggie pal......just need a few mia nois to complete the picture! :D

Rubbish post :lol:

Sorry, what part of DEVON are you from again ?? :rolleyes:

Edit : What would anyone from Devon know about London rivalry anyway thinking about it ?? I'd expect you to take no notice of my " teenage style rant " when you have little or no knowledge or understanding of it..

Edited by MSingh

So its a week to the CL draw....we might face AC Milan, FC Copenhagen, Marseille, Valencia, Roma or Lyon.

Who would you prefer to play then?

I'd prefer to avoid Valencia and Lyon.....

If we get our injured players back and maybe the right new signing i don't give a toss who we draw. We've avoided Barca and i doubt the potential teams we can face next round are particularily looking forward to drawing us either

So its a week to the CL draw....we might face AC Milan, FC Copenhagen, Marseille, Valencia, Roma or Lyon.

I think you could beat Marseille, AC Milan, the Dane's & possibly Roma over 2 Legs, so i hope you get Valencia, Lyon or possibly Roma..

I think you could beat Marseille, AC Milan, the Dane's & possibly Roma over 2 Legs, so i hope you get Valencia, Lyon or possibly Roma..

carmine!.....have you let the fukcing parrot out of his cage again!! :D

Edited by smokie36

If we get our injured players back and maybe the right new signing i don't give a toss who we draw. We've avoided Barca and i doubt the potential teams we can face next round are particularily looking forward to drawing us either

And the second leg is at Fortress Lane :D

Edit : What would anyone from Devon know about London rivalry anyway thinking about it ?? I'd expect you to take no notice of my " teenage style rant " when you have little or no knowledge or understanding of it..

Yeah teenage style rants are very difficult to handle especially if there's a gender issue thrown in. Dont worry about it mate best u stay in the closet until it feels comfortable.

Yeah teenage style rants are very difficult to handle especially if there's a gender issue thrown in. Dont worry about it mate best u stay in the closet until it feels comfortable.

:unsure:

That was so funny, it almost made errrrrrr my sides split..:mellow:

I knew that they was a bit backwards down there but i didn't know that " wit " hadn't managed to find it's way there yet..:rolleyes:

News for Sunday is Jenas and Krancjar out with injuries.....Modric fit and Kaboul likely on the bench.

Hopefully Dawson will get a run out. As expected VDV still out.

Palacios sure to get the nod over Sandro I reckon.....two up front more than likely.....Pav over Crouch for me.

Edited by smokie36

Form is it ??

Looks like short sightedness to me & a short memory if we're talking mainly about 4 & 5 Games ..;)

Quote from an ex pro:

I would be shocked if Chelsea win this game. I don't care how good you are or how much money you earn every week, if you don't have any confidence you're going to struggle badly. That's the case with them at the moment.

Alternatively neautrals could point to Chelsea winning 9 out of the last 18 Games at <deleted> Fart Lane, drawing 6 & losing 3..

So that's 3 times you've beat them at Home, out of 18, yeah, less than 20% of Games in the history of Premiership, at your place, if my Maths is right which i think it is....

What revelence has these figs to todays game, we can all produce figs to make our argument look better, why not use the figs that Spurs have won 3 and drawn 1 out of the last 4 home league games with Chels.

Form is it ??

Quote from an ex pro:

I would be shocked if Chelsea win this game. I don't care how good you are or how much money you earn every week, if you don't have any confidence you're going to struggle badly. That's the case with them at the moment.

What revelence has these figs to todays game, we can all produce figs to make our argument look better, why not use the figs that Spurs have won 3 and drawn 1 out of the last 4 home league games with Chels.

Stop making a rational arguement, its spoiling the fun. :)

Form is it ??

Quote from an ex pro:

A glance at our home record this season is enough to reason we should take at least a point if not all three.

I see Lampard is still out as well....:)

Form is it ??

Quote from an ex pro:

A glance at our home record this season is enough to reason we should take at least a point if not all three.

I see Lampard is still out as well....:)

I think we will win but it will be tight. But remember, to the Chelsea players this game according to them represents their big derby and they will up their game. 2-1 i'll going for. I'm going to struggle getting a full report of this post to singher on time though. :D

I think we will win but it will be tight. But remember, to the Chelsea players this game according to them represents their big derby and they will up their game. 2-1 i'll going for. I'm going to struggle getting a full report of this post to singher on time though. :D

We're in agreement then old son......and the BBC knobhead reckons a draw....oh well hedging his bets now aint he?? :D