Tottenham Thread

chonabot

No shame in being knocked out (just) by Juve. They were finalists last year and are on a 20 game unbeaten run. They are a lot more experienced at this level and it did for Spurs.

After finishing bottom of the group last season to top this season is great progress. They got some bad luck with the draw; better luck next season.

• Like 1

No shame in being knocked out (just) by Juve. They were finalists last year and are on a 20 game unbeaten run. They are a lot more experienced at this level and it did for Spurs.
After finishing bottom of the group last season to top this season is great progress. They got some bad luck with the draw; better luck next season.

I think everything you say is true but they must be gutted to lose a game in the way they did In which they were in total control. Juve's change of tactic undone Spurs and I was surprised the manager never responded.
That said they could of still nicked a goal at the end.
Excellent game (for a neutral).

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Desperately unlucky in the end and yes it was a case of lack of experience at this level.

Tottenham will learn from this one.

Best of luck to the rest of the clubs in the CL...except for the chavs.

We hope they get a proper spanking.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I have a feeling Carmine might do a Chicog....at least until next season 

You may well be right there Bob.

I noticed that since Carmine left, Alfie hasn't been seen much/at all. Coincidence? I've always had this theory that they are one and the same: Carmine Jekyll and AlfieConn Hyde. :post-4641-1156694005:  

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Desperately unlucky in the end and yes it was a case of lack of experience at this level.

Best of luck to the rest of the clubs in the CL...except for the chavs.

We hope they get a proper spanking.

We played Juventus in 2015 (I think it was). The most organized team defence I've ever seen us play and they banged 2 in on the break to win 1v2 at the Etihad. One of the many CL lessons we've had these past years. There are teams like Juve, Barca, RM, Bayern which just play at a higher level with great knowledge and experience that the likes of City and Spurs - but we're both learning season by season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I noticed that since Carmine left, Alfie hasn't been seen much/at all. Coincidence? I've always had this theory that they are one and the same: Carmine Jekyll and AlfieConn Hyde. :post-4641-1156694005:  

Very odd yes I noticed yesterday. Extremely odd.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

from all reports.just another spuds bottle .they have the heart as big as a split pea.  as for poch he again bottled it when the top managers can make subs as alergi did last nite and  win the game.as for spuds the same bottles appear season after season .just a gutless club led by a dog of a chairman..again karma ruled the day.and long may it continue.fluff spuds

58 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I can confirm they are not being as I know 'em both lol.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"from all reports", does that mean you didn't watch it and you're commenting not having watched it. Tut!

will see it tonite 7.10 pm.but all reports from different quarters. add to another massive spuds bottle.they all cannot be wrong.  par for the course under loser levy.s  piss poor tenure as  chairman.and at the same time lining his pockets..if no f.a cup come.s their way.a charge for the t.f lounge will be in place.

22 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

will see it tonite 7.10 pm.but all reports from different quarters. add to another massive spuds bottle.they all cannot be wrong.  par for the course under loser levy.s  piss poor tenure as  chairman.and at the same time lining his pockets..if no f.a cup come.s their way.a charge for the t.f lounge will be in place.

Bore off and watch the game...then come back and talk to me.

As to the tf window we have heard it all before.

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

you have just gave yourself up. all three are the same. .alf.carmine. and pickering stands out like dogs balls

And so with every post he digs a deeper hole for me to peer into.

Can anyone lend me a torch?

Dissapointing 2nd half, very sad really, but we need to focus on the FA cup and bring the trophy home. Just to make this season something special.

after watching the re-run ,  my thoughts are

Spuds have a massive mentality problem, they are the True Bottlers, and from y/days defeat (Juve),there is no sign, that Poch has a plan to change this, in addition he bottled it himself making no subs,in answer to Allergi tactical subbing which turned the match on its ear ,to his advantage and a well deserved victory

plus a old man( Chiellini) had Kane under lock and key and shackled, with astute defending which cut off Spuds life line to win this encounter

see how Spuds react to this huge loss  that  is  the burning  question   to be answered, see how it pans out

Edited by evenstevens
power outage

3 hours ago, evenstevens said:

after watching the re-run ,  my thoughts are

Spuds have a massive mentality problem, they are the True Bottlers, and from y/days defeat (Juve),there is no sign, that Poch has a plan to change this, in addition he bottled it himself making no subs,in answer to Allergi tactical subbing which turned the match on its ear ,to his advantage and a well deserved victory

plus a old man( Chiellini) had Kane under lock and key and shackled, with astute defending which cut off Spuds life line to win this encounter

see how Spuds react to this huge loss  that  is  the burning  question   to be answered, see how it pans out

Interesting spin on a great tactical move by Juve combined with a 5 min defensive snooze from us.

Chiellini was fantastic yes but it was so nearly 2-2 at the end.

Hardly cause for an implosion to help the 5th place side.

You are of course clutching at straws which is where I like my chavs I must admit.

21 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Interesting spin on a great tactical move by Juve combined with a 5 min defensive snooze from us.

Chiellini was fantastic yes but it was so nearly 2-2 at the end.

you clearly have  no expereince of coaching or tactics,  just a Big Blow in

your 5 minute snore was the difference between a great  victory and a compounding loss, when the stakes are high (particular the C/L ) you cannot afford to blink or you will  pay dearly for it

as for you r 2..2 peice of Sh#t , Kane was a yard offside, and it never went in, nearly is,nt good enuff at this level or anywhere for that matter, you are just fretting over another Big Bottle that has come your way!!! have a nice day and fluff off you are wasting my valuable time

Edited by evenstevens
another power outage

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

you clearly have  no expereince of coaching or tactics,  just a Big Blow in

your 5 minute snore was the difference between a great  victory and a compounding loss, when the stakes are high (particular the C/L ) you cannot afford to blink or you will  pay dearly for it

as for you r 2..2 peice of Sh#t , Kane was a yard offside, and it never went in, nearly is,nt good enuff at this level or anywhere for that matter, you are just fretting over another Big Bottle that has come your way!!! have a nice day and fluff off you are wasting my valuable time

We'll be seeing a third power outage next week no doubt.

I hope you like your BeerLao warm. :post-4641-1156694572:

Edited by RonniePickering22
Fingers n thumbs

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Look on the bright side, here's Spurs chance to prove Pep wrong that you're not that "Harry Kane team".

Son did very well indeed.

In fact if he scores another twenty by May maybe we'll cash in on Kane. :post-4641-1156694572: