Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Round of applause to the realistic comment. Who knows his plan may involve selling kane for 200m to reinvent the team. Doubtful but this is tottenham and the stadium aint gonna pay for itself.

If lfc do real we could see a manager merry go round too.

Poch needs to taste a trophy or two before Madrid will come after him.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

If that is the case I believe his plans will be a bit too much for spurs to chew on and give him the out he likely wants. He's done a fabulous job with very limited funds and even less incentives to keep his best men so you gotta draw a line somewhere. If real don't fancy him there's plenty of jobs available where he has the chance to win. His current post not being one of them if the belt does not get loose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

If lfc do real we could see a manager merry go round too.

Although you use the word "do" to mean *beat" and you use the word "bottled it" to mean *lose*, it does come across as being rather common.

Maybe you could use the correct words "beat and lose", rather than do and bottled it .

If Evenstevens were to reply , if his own made up language , some people may feel that their computer is malfunctioning and take it to the repair shop

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If Evenstevens were to reply , if his own made up language , some people may feel that their computer is malfunctioning and take it to the repair shop

no need to snipe. be a man and answer my reply to your post on the csea thread .all on topic .come on troll.show some balls!!!!

Edited by evenstevens

23 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Allow me to correct your sentence:

"Poch needs to taste a debut trophy as a manager. If he ever does, then maybe Madrid might come after him."

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although you use the word "do" to mean *beat" and you use the word "bottled it" to mean *lose*, it does come across as being rather common.

Maybe you could use the correct words "beat and lose", rather than do and bottled it .

Get a grip on max my chavvy bitter bottler. 99 or even 100% of contributors understand the colloquialisms, even you. The other guys language is a valid point though. Valid points have been very few and far between for you this season it should be said so the bitterness and off topic discussions are to be expected.

1 hour ago, balo said:

Best club in London, and we played all our games away from home :biggrin:

You can't ask for more really. 

Tottenham win the top Club in London trophy

Tottenham cannot ask for more than that

Pochetino must have had more chance than Thomas tuchel for the PSG job. That's a fast track way of making your trophy haul a bit more bulky. Awful appointment geezers been jobless a year too. Strange goings on at PSG. 

11 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Hahaha funnily enough carms and I have just been discussing that interview.

Yes its an ultimatum of sorts and will definitely shape the future of the club in the next couple of weeks.

I can't predict but let's hope Levy ponies up the cash for transfers.

Looks like it's out of Levy's hands as the big boss Joe Lewis is flying

over to deal with this himself.

To me that means this is a very important issue that is out of Levy's

depth.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/joe-lewis-to-jet-in-for-showdown-tottenham-talks-this-week-as/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sotsira said:

Looks like it's out of Levy's hands as the big boss Joe Lewis is flying

over to deal with this himself.

To me that means this is a very important issue that is out of Levy's

depth.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/joe-lewis-to-jet-in-for-showdown-tottenham-talks-this-week-as/

Yes, very true.  If Joe Lewis is flying in then something really is happening.

Funny how Spurs detractors on here think that Levy makes the big decisions!!  

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Pochetino must have had more chance than Thomas tuchel for the PSG job. That's a fast track way of making your trophy haul a bit more bulky. Awful appointment geezers been jobless a year too. Strange goings on at PSG. 

Pochettino likes to build a squad.  PSG is an awful fit for him.  They sacked Unai Emery after he'd completed the domestic treble.  

20 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Just saw the latest on your team from a headline reported via the BBC

Poch demanding levy comes clean about transfer plans to fans.

Carmine you are going to have to stick me on ignore, as advised Spurs have many problems and I am keen to see them play out. Strange how you never speak of anything besides but being a Spurs fan. No hint of anything else you are the plastic lad you blinking trash talker. Focus on football not the contributors you pillock.

Temper temper.  Thats not nice is it!

• Haha 1

So, following on from Sotsira's post it appears likely that four players will be going.  Toby, Rose, Dembele and Sissoko.  

As good as he is, we've played practically the whole season without Toby.  Rose i think signed his fate with that interview last august.  Poch was never going to let that go.  Sissoko was a disastrous signing and won't be missed.  Dembele will be missed greatly.  You might want to add Llorente to the list if Poch thinks that Sterling is ready.  Bar one game, Llorente's been crap.  

Thats the outgoings as i see so no dramas there.  Expected frankly, bar of course Dembele wanting an unrealistic contract extension.

As for the incomings De Ligt and Sessingnon are the standout names that keep rearing up.  I also read something about Kovacic from Real Madrid.  Oh yes and theres still that nonsense about Bale flying around.  Perhaps the press should be reminded he's on 300k a week.

Edited by carmine

If all the press reports in the last 24hrs have any truth, then Lewis

& Levy have a lot to get through with Poch in these coming weeks.

Poch wants his key first team players tied down to new contracts,

the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen, Dier, Eriksen, Dele & Kane.

He also wants to offload 4 or 5 and bring in replacements for them

which could cost 100-150M

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/959724/Tottenham-Mauricio-Pochettino-transfer-Daniel-Levy-fund-Ryan-Sessegnon-Wilfried-Zaha

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11371538/mauricio-pochettino-to-outline-new-tottenham-vision-in-crunch-talks-with-daniel-levy-next-week

NB: With all the fuss being made about Toby only having 1-2 years 

left on his contract i find it strange that nothing is mentioned about 

Vertonghen's contract expiring in 2019, considering the season he's had.

Can anyone confirm the rumors about Poch leaving because the club do not have the budget he demands as tabloid rubbish ? I understand the owners spent a lot on building the new stadium, but if Poch do not get his wish then what could happen ?

8 minutes ago, balo said:

Can anyone confirm the rumors about Poch leaving because the club do not have the budget he demands as tabloid rubbish ? I understand the owners spent a lot on building the new stadium, but if Poch do not get his wish then what could happen ?

Don't worry. Allardyce will be available soon. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, balo said:

Then he might leave.

All true really as he wants to win trophies and to do it we need better players.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

I saw today that the more successful club down the road might be after him if Conte leaves

Well he probably thinks he should get another top job. I remember him once saying along the lines that he was the best manager that Real Madrid never had. Never been short on confidence. 

18 minutes ago, balo said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say that he's leaving just yet, but it's a serious

enough matter for the need of Joe Lewis to have to fly in for a meeting.

There's also the matter of him having 3 years left on his contract, which for me means he'll prob stay for now, although the club want to offer him a new contract.

If he doesn't sign a new contract this summer, then it means he's not 

willing to stay for the long haul.

• Like 2

I view this meeting as a straightening out of their vision for the future of the club.

If its not all focused together it will fail as you can see at the library down the road.

We'll just have to wait and see!!

Yep Poch is leaving as are all our best players, can't afford to buy any players, stadium won't be finished as we will run out of money, club will be in the 4th tier in 4 years time, blah blah blah.

I love all these naive posters who actually believe what they read and hear in the press, of course they might well have a direct line to Mr Levy and that's how they know what's going on but i doubt it !

Sorry I know we are not allowed to discuss the news reports relating to spuds.

Ok so if true podgy is basically asking for.

150m cash

All funds from player sales for further transfer funds.

Improved contracts for his stars.

So just on the transfers and expected departures he's looking for 250m minimum.

Not mentioning the improved contracts.

It's only a 1/4 billion.

So on the basis reports may be correct is this worth discussing?

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

150m cash

It's only a 1/4 billion.

Another naive poster who actually believes what he reads in the press !

To any spurs lads that can comprehend the English language.

150m cash

It's only a 1/4 billion.