Tottenham Thread

chonabot

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

So now you are saying the cost is 800m quid BB 

Cos a few minutes ago it was 1.2bn quid.

Easy slip of the tongue 400m quid right enough.

Time for a jog on son.

Ronnie, the build would have started based on a current costing not one done five and a half years earlier.  I anyone thinks are repayments are based on 400m they must be bonkers.  Well, that or Joe Lewis and Levy are the thickest business on the planet.  Now does anyone think that is the case??

No wonder Lewis and Levy seem completely ok with things and Pochettino clearly has been given a nice kitty.

I also read somewhere recently that Chelsea build cost estimates at around 1bn.  I wouldn't be surprised and they'll do due diligence same as we obviously did.

Edited by carmine

No no no carms we just gave the builders the plans and told them to send us the bill when they are finished.

They can store their tools in the shed and have a 500m quid upfront payment too and work as much triple pay overtime as they like.

Levy won't mind at all of course he won't.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie.

800 million was reported by Spurs and the press in 2017.

The latest / recent reports are because Spurs has reported the cost has gone up AGAIN (now, in 2018) to 1 or 1.2 billion.

So i put a question to you;  Do you seriously expect anyone to believe that the build didn't start on the basis of drastically revised modern day costings?  

(It would be expected based on all the other stadium builds that would need to be a contingency for an increase within the schedule of works)

Honestly this is getting painful.  Start again on, i don't know, maybe were going to lose all our best players over the summer.  This argument is done and dusted.  As is the Pochettino is going one.

Edited by carmine

To answer your questions:
1. "So i put a question to you;  Do you seriously expect anyone to believe that the build didn't start on the basis of drastically revised modern day costings?"

21 November 2015 - THREE YEARS AGO!
http://www.constructionenquirer.com/2015/11/21/mace-wins-400m-spurs-stadium-deal/
Final go-ahead for £400m Spurs stadium
"Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed Mace as main construction partner on the club’s £400m stadium redevelopment plans."

2." (It would be expected based on all the other stadium builds that would need to be a contingency for an increase within the schedule of works)"
Contingencies are usually included in project contracts as provisional sums and are included as rough estimate costs for items of work which can not be costed during the tender period, but as a percentage of total cost they would amount to a relatively small amount.

Any other questions I can help you with?

The fact is the 400 million rose to 750-800 million and has recently been reported to be 1-1.2 bilion. That's going to have an impact .

Think about it for a minute - you budget to build a house on samui at 100 k but it ends up at 300 k so you're going have to tighten your belt to get your overall budget back on track or you'll be sat on boxes in an empty house for the next few years . Penny drop yet?

Edited by Bredbury Blue
stupid autocorrect

24 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

To answer your questions:
1. "So i put a question to you;  Do you seriously expect anyone to believe that the build didn't start on the basis of drastically revised modern day costings?"

21 November 2015 - THREE YEARS AGO!
http://www.constructionenquirer.com/2015/11/21/mace-wins-400m-spurs-stadium-deal/
Final go-ahead for £400m Spurs stadium
"Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed Mace as main construction partner on the club’s £400m stadium redevelopment plans."

2." (It would be expected based on all the other stadium builds that would need to be a contingency for an increase within the schedule of works)"
Contingencies are usually included in project contracts as provisional sums and are included as rough estimate costs for items of work which can not be costed during the tender period, but as a percentage of total cost they would amount to a relatively small amount.

Any other questions I can help you with?

The fact is the 400 million rose to 750-800 million and has recently been reported to be 1-1.2 bilion. That's going to have an impact .

Think about it for a minute - you budget to build a house on samui at 100 k but it ends up at 300 k so you're going have to tighten your belt to get your overall budget back on track or you'll be sat on boxes in an empty house for the next few years . Penny drop yet?

"Recently been reported"

Still not found a reputable link then....juat a lot more flatulent flannel.

14 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I still can't believe a Liverpool fan has other priorities this evening. 

I believe being unpleasant and plain spiteful takes a precedent over enjoying you club playing on european football biggest stage. Go figure?

And he ain't no Liverpool fan....more likely Man Utd and has two avatars. Theres a certain similarity in the tone of his posts.

Edited by carmine

14 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I still can't believe a Liverpool fan has other priorities this evening. 

I believe being unpleasant and plain spiteful takes a precedent over enjoying you club playing on european football biggest stage. Go figure?

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm going to beat BB to the punch and say we are now favouring a bid for pink shorts Bale over Sessingnobody. :biggrin:

No way we'll be getting Sessingnon now unless we do buy him and loan him back for a season.  Bale i doubt was ever an option, he's on 300k a week

Strange morning is this....delighted for Fulham, really disappointed for Liverpoolol and i think Sergio Ramos, considering his actions in the past two finals is one of the most vile creatures to grace a football pitch.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

And now you are quoting 90mins.......you might as well quote from a comic!!

BB, you've labored this thing with our stadium build to the point whereby you are just embarrassing to listen to.  Why are you so obsessed with us.  Is the insecurity in the merit of your own teams achievements so great you have it in for us simply because we don't spend?  Its really rather bizarre they time you spend on this thread, and unconcerned however stupid you make yourself look.

<deleted> is your obsession with Spurs?     and don't say you're not because check back on the thread the fifty pages and you clearly have a major hang up!!!

30 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

And now you are quoting 90mins.......you might as well quote from a comic!!

BB, you've labored this thing with our stadium build to the point whereby you are just embarrassing to listen to.  Why are you so obsessed with us.  Is the insecurity in the merit of your own teams achievements so great you have it in for us simply because we don't spend?  Its really rather bizarre they time you spend on this thread, and unconcerned however stupid you make yourself look.

<deleted> is your obsession with Spurs?     and don't say you're not because check back on the thread the fifty pages and you clearly have a major hang up!!!

I haven't  laboured the point. Several people  have  made the point about stadium cost increases but you and Ronnie keep posting disagreeing or belittling  or asking questions. The facts are all out there. Read what's  out there and stop embarrassing  yourselves by trying to say it isn't so Joe.

No obsession with Spurs on my part I assure you.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I haven't  laboured the point. Several people  have  made the point about stadium cost increases but you and Ronnie keep posting disagreeing or belittling  or asking questions. The facts are all out there. Read what's  out there and stop embarrassing  yourselves by trying to say it isn't so Joe.

On the contrary you sound ridiculous and frankly hung up about Spurs.

This hang up you have with our stadium build is somewhere between embarrassing and bizarre.  Just plain weird in fact.

Is our opinion in the merit of City's recent trophies so important to you?  Why do you care that we don't see the same merit as you do?  

Do you realize you post more on here than on the City thread!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

On the contrary you sound ridiculous and frankly hung up about Spurs.

This hang up you have with our stadium build is somewhere between embarrassing and bizarre.  Just plain weird in fact.

Is our opinion in the merit of City's recent trophies so important to you?  Why do you care that we don't see the same merit as you do?  

Do you realize you post more on here than on the City thread!!!!!

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

1.On the contrary you sound ridiculous and frankly hung up about Spurs.

2.This hang up you have with our stadium build is somewhere between embarrassing and bizarre.  Just plain weird in fact.

3.Is our opinion in the merit of City's recent trophies so important to you?  Why do you care that we don't see the same merit as you do?  

4.Do you realize you post more on here than on the City thread!!!!!

1. Your opinion: wrong opinion . 

2. I'm  just trying  to make the blind see; you should  be  thanking  me for informing  you about things regarding  your club you aren't  aware of.

3. Honestly YOUR opinion is totally  irrelevant  to me.

4. I'm  willing to bet over the years YOU have been on the City thread more than I've  been on the Spurs thread.

There used to be a feature that showed number of posters posts on a thread - anyone know of it?

Carmine, sensitive as ever to comments to the contrary of yours I see. I can just  hear you saying  "you don't  wanna do that". ?

14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Your opinion: wrong opinion . 

2. I'm  just trying  to make the blind see; you should  be  thanking  me for informing  you about things regarding  your club you aren't  aware of.

3. Honestly YOUR opinion is totally  irrelevant  to me.

4. I'm  willing to bet over the years YOU have been on the City thread more than I've  been on the Spurs thread.

There used to be a feature that showed number of posters posts on a thread - anyone know of it?

Carmine, sensitive as ever to comments to the contrary of yours I see. I can just  hear you saying  "you don't  wanna do that". ?

Knock yourself out, I really don't care anymore.  

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Your buddy asked me to layoff this subject. You raise it again. What's your preference - continue to discuss it or leave of it? 

Give it a miss.....peeing into the wind springs to mind.....just remind them when it,s finished and the total cost has been revealed....then again they will probably say the figures are botched....:whistling: