Tottenham Thread

chonabot

7 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

When i said "could you explain that in detail" ( things he has improved on etc ) i meant from your own observation rather than stat's !

But that would only be an opinion. The same as you are allowed an opinion. We all have opinion's but stats tell the real story, void of any bias

Just now, mrbojangles said:

But that would only be an opinion. The same as you are allowed an opinion. We all have opinion's but stats tell the real story, void of any bias

Ok so you can't provide any detail.

You can't provide any links from neutrals.

Your own manager ses " However, Guardiola also warned Walker that he will not always be able to rely on his physical attributes and challenged the full-back to take a more cerebral approach in the future.

“His energy, his one-on-one is so strong defensively, but I would like to help him solve problems not just through his physicality but through his thinking,” the City manager said. 

Anyway here are the stats you so depend on to make your case :

However despite the trophies and mentoring from arguably the world's best manager in Pep Guardiola, Walker's performance levels have in fact declined when compared to his last season under Mauricio Pochettino. 

As Oulala.com's infographic shows, Walker has improved the passing side to his game, an area in which all players tend to do under Guardiola. However as the stats show, the right-back has fallen in every other key area.

infographic-kyle-walker-spurs-man-city-4485-910x569.jpg
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Ok so you can't provide any detail.

You can't provide any links from neutrals.

Your own manager ses " However, Guardiola also warned Walker that he will not always be able to rely on his physical attributes and challenged the full-back to take a more cerebral approach in the future.

“His energy, his one-on-one is so strong defensively, but I would like to help him solve problems not just through his physicality but through his thinking,” the City manager said. 

Yep and Pep also said this:-

Manchester City news: Pep Guardiola compares Kyle Walker to legendary defenders Philipp Lahm and Eric Abidal

Pep Guardiola believes Kyle Walker has the same qualities as Champions League winners Philipp Lahm and Eric Abidal.

The Manchester City defender has made his name as an attacking full-back but was successfully deployed as a right-sided centre-back in a three-man defence in England's recent friendlies against Holland and Italy.

The switch of role came as a surprise to some but not City boss Guardiola, who was well aware of the 27-year-old's versatility.

Guardiola has seen such strengths in players before having worked at Barcelona with Abidal, who was equally comfortable at left-back and centre-half, and at Bayern Munich with Lahm, who switched from right-back to midfield.

"He has the conditions to play there, I think it was a good decision by (England manager) Gareth Southgate," said Guardiola. "He can play in both positions.

"With three in the back you have a little bit more protection in the middle and he has the physicality.

"He's fast in front, he's intelligent, good at passing short and long, can go fast forwards and backwards. So, he can play there.

"He is open-minded and when that happens anything can happen.

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/manchester-city-news-pep-guardiola-compares-kyle-walker-legendary-defenders-philipp-lahm#cV5pQFzIuA3TpwRF.99

You Spurs lot are so bitter, you just don't like to admit that he has improved under Pep

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

However despite the trophies and mentoring from arguably the world's best manager in Pep Guardiola, Walker's performance levels have in fact declined when compared to his last season under Mauricio Pochettino. 

As Oulala.com's infographic shows, Walker has improved the passing side to his game, an area in which all players tend to do under Guardiola. However as the stats show, the right-back has fallen in every other key area.

infographic-kyle-walker-spurs-man-city-4485-910x569.jpg

Doh. Why would his tackling improve when the opponent never have the ball. It's his passing which is key at City and that has improved hugely. Comparing him to his role at Spurs is nonsensical. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Doh. Why would his tackling improve when the opponent never have the ball. It's his passing which is key at City and that has improved hugely. Comparing him to his role at Spurs is nonsensical. 

So on the other side of that, because you have the ball so much, his crossing numbers should have improved, his take on numbers should have improved,his key passes numbers should have improved, his shots numbers should have improved.

So you say that under Pep he has improved and talk about stats and say "We all have opinion's but stats tell the real story, void of any bias" and when i show the stats comparing him with last season you say it is nonsensical .

Your bias does really make you look silly at time's and i wonder what the neutral makes of this  !

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

For the record, as a City fan, I am quite happy that Mr. Walker plays RB for City. I could care less how much City paid for him. If he improves his crossing in the final third all the better.

And a happy, sunny, and shiny Bangkok day to all my footy fans out there.:tongue:

:post-4641-1156694572:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jellydog said:

For the record, as a City fan, I am quite happy that Mr. Walker plays RB for City. I could care less how much City paid for him. If he improves his crossing in the final third all the better.

And a happy, sunny, and shiny Bangkok day to all my footy fans out there.:tongue:

:post-4641-1156694572:

To be fair jd, at only 0.1% crosses (1 cross in every 10 games in case your maths ain't that clever)  per game i doubt if it's going make much difference ?

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Unbelievable Alfie, un-facking-believable!  I'll play this game with my kids tonight: why would Walker's defending stats be down at City compared to Spurs and I'll guarantee they'll give me the answer straight off the bat.

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Unbelievable Alfie, un-facking-believable!  I'll play this game with my kids tonight: why would Walker's defending stats be down at City compared to Spurs and I'll guarantee they'll give me the answer straight off the bat.

But it's not just his defending stats that are down is it ? so just ask them why his stats are down across the board except for passing and let me know the answer  ?

Edited by alfieconn
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Well just ask them why his stats are down across the board except for passing and let me know the answer  ?

And ask them why his passing is up in a team that breaks passing records ?

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Hopefully they will get Barca or Real in their group stage match cos they won't be in Pot 1 lol.

Walker will cringe.

Rons we really need to thank the scousers for losing to RM as it probably means we are in Pot 2, they of course will be Pot 3 and not Pot 1 ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, alfieconn said:

When i said "could you explain that in detail" ( things he has improved on etc ) i meant from your own observation rather than stat's !

My favorite is still the gaping hole he leaves behind him at the far post....remember those days when you just knew we'd concede in the end.  Apparently now he can defend!!  But then again, in this current City team, how often does he actually have to?

Which leads me to my point.....he hasn't improved one iota from what i've seen, he just doesn't have to defend much, hence this has negated his main weakness.  His positives being he's fast going forward which he does a lot of, coupled with the best midfield in the country.

So no MrB, i don't think he's any better at all, just plays in the best team that makes him look better.

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its hilarious this mrboj as if Walker had been injured all season you would still have won the league easily.

KDB on the other hand....

And i like the picture of spineless Kyle Walker that didn't have the balls to fight to get back his starting place!  Apparently all he did was sulk.  

16 hours ago, alfieconn said:

But it's not just his defending stats that are down is it ? so just ask them why his stats are down across the board except for passing and let me know the answer  ?

Any luck with with kids kid's bb ? if they take after you they ain't going to have a clue !

G it's great to be back ?

Edited by alfieconn

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Of course he left for money, and a better chance to win things at City than Spurs. He got both! He's not a City fan or even from the north west you know so obviously he has no allegiance to City as a tyke.

Success is easy to achieve when you have twice the number of supporters inside your stadium every week and a huge global following with associated merchandise sales which finance the purchase of better players and subs.

Hang on a minute....

55 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

He left for the money....don't kid yourself.

Well hold on a minute here....he was happy by all accounts until he lost his place to Trippier.  From then on his attitude, which had up until then been very good, dropped and suddenly other things became more important.  City needed a defense rapidly and were prepared to pay whatever for a quick fit.  Levy milked them, Walker got back off the subs bench and everyone was happy.

City were and are a better side with a better midfield which funnily enough made Kyle look better because he doesn't have to do much defending anymore, and is allowed more time to make forward runs which is his forte.  

As far as improving defensively, i've seen nothing to suggest this.  Still a constant liability when under pressure, which of course he very rarely is at City, so granted, he nevertheless works for them. In many respects he was a good buy for them but no ones kidding me he's been improved defensively...he just doesn't have to do much of it anymore.  But, when under intense pressure in the CL next season, fully expect him to get caught out, because he will be exposed.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

The crucial element for me is would we have benefitted from having him in our squad last season and the answer is not at all.

We have deficiencies for sure but Walker would not be an anseer to any of them.

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Any luck with with kids kid's bb ? if they take after you they ain't going to have a clue !

You guys eeally need to get over Walker leaving you so he could go win some medals at City. You're sounding very bitter!

So i'll take that as a no then ?

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Well hold on a minute here....he was happy by all accounts until he lost his place to Trippier.  From then on his attitude, which had up until then been very good, dropped and suddenly other things became more important.  City needed a defense rapidly and were prepared to pay whatever for a quick fit.  Levy milked them, Walker got back off the subs bench and everyone was happy.

City were and are a better side with a better midfield which funnily enough made Kyle look better because he doesn't have to do much defending anymore, and is allowed more time to make forward runs which is his forte.  

As far as improving defensively, i've seen nothing to suggest this.  Still a constant liability when under pressure, which of course he very rarely is at City, so granted, he nevertheless works for them. In many respects he was a good buy for them but no ones kidding me he's been improved defensively...he just doesn't have to do much of it anymore.  But, when under intense pressure in the CL next season, fully expect him to get caught out, because he will be exposed.

Carmine could  you give us your opinion on Walker again; three times already simply isn't  enough.

Edited by Bredbury Blue