Tottenham Thread

chonabot

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I expect our transfers will all happen on 1st July after Daniel collects the interest payments from the bank.

With all that borrowing for the new stadium I reckon it's the other way around

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I see the "woman scorned" attitude is still rolling on over Walker. Sound a bit like losing your first love to your ex-best mate

Actually you know well that he received criticism of the same type when he wore a Spurs shirt so less of the trolling our kid. ?

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

With all that borrowing for the new stadium I reckon it's the other way around

How much have we borrowed?

What's our monthly payment?

Come on facts not fiction!!

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

How much have we borrowed?

What's our monthly payment?

Come on facts not fiction!!

You mean you don't know?

If I remember rightly (and could be wrong), when the stadium build was first announced, you were initially going to borrow about £350m. So it's a bladdy lot more than that now. 

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/club/announcement/club-announcement-new-stadium-scheme-financing-310517/

You can read this if you want it from the club itself....how clear does it need to be?

Erm, a bit clearer. Ronnie, when you go on a google hunt make sure the news is recent.

So that was a year ago before the cost rose again and you had a loan facility then of 400m

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yet no....we are in crisis and the club will be folding next week yawn yawn....

Tell me where I said that. I responded to you when you said Levy would be going to the bank to pick up his interest payments. All I said was that it would be the other way round. Didn't say anything like (and never have) that you would be folding. Blimey you're tetchy you Spurs lot.

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Erm, a bit clearer. Ronnie, when you go on a google hunt make sure the news is recent.

So that was a year ago before the cost rose again and you had a loan facility then of 400m

When did the cost rise?

All speculation mrboj and if you read the article properly that didn't include the 340m quid we had already spent.

Also ENIC have guaranteed another 50m so how much beyond the 400m quid do we need to borrow do ya think at a projected 850m cost?

(850m was quoted the other day on SKY which is as decent a reference point as any outside of the club)

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Tell me where I said that. I responded to you when you said Levy would be going to the bank to pick up his interest payments. All I said was that it would be the other way round. Didn't say anything like (and never have) that you would be folding. Blimey you're tetchy you Spurs lot.

Totally different budgets mrboj....I'd have thought you would understand the benefits of holding more than one bank account! ?

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

When did the cost rise?

All speculation mrboj and if you read the article properly that didn't include the 340m quid we had already spent.

Also ENIC have guaranteed another 50m so how much beyond the 400m quid do we need to borrow do ya think at a projected 850m cost?

(850m was quoted the other day on SKY which is as decent a reference point as any outside of the club)

As I said last week mate, nobody will know the full and final costs till the last bill drops on the mat. Until then the borrowing is estimated to be at least 400m. So back to my original point about the interest in his bank

44 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I see the "woman scorned" attitude is still rolling on over Walker. Sound a bit like losing your first love to your ex-best mate

I think we've been very logical in what we have said actually, and i don't see anything been written thats contradicts a word.

i have no gripe with the guy, he's not dogged us off, he played 100% until he left and wanted regular first team football.  Why would we feel scorned when we also got 50m for him, when i believe we bought him for 3m.  We also had Walker-Peters as an understudy if Walker did leave.  

Whats been said is justified and frankly it also backs up him being a good buy for City, certainly off the back of what i had to say.  You just don't like the fact that we simply don't rate his ability to defend, especially in a high intensity game.

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Totally different budgets mrboj....I'd have thought you would understand the benefits of holding more than one bank account! ?

Profit and loss and balance sheets don't work that way Ronnie. Unfortunately

As I said last week mate, nobody will know the full and final costs till the last bill drops on the mat. Until then the borrowing is estimated to be at least 400m. So back to my original point about the interest in his bank

The borrowing on the basis of a 400m estimate is absolute nonsense as has been discussed.  When i, you or anybody else knows of the actual figure to be borrowed on i'll be happy to discuss because right now everybodies just p*ssing in the wind

38 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You mean you don't know?

If I remember rightly (and could be wrong), when the stadium build was first announced, you were initially going to borrow about £350m. So it's a bladdy lot more than that now. 

No he doesn't know and neither do you.  But clinging to the idea that the final estimate was based on a 7 yo 400m estimate makes you all sound very naive and stupid....but i don't believe you would think our owner that stupid for one moment, just makes for some poor, ill informed journalism.

I find it quite hilarious that the borrowing figure you lot are bounding around is based on that original outdated figure.  It just makes your argument sound preposterous really.

Out of interest, does anyone get to buy a house on basis of its valuation 7 years prior??

Sorry i'm just busting my balls here trying to explain something that is about as basic as assembling lego <deleted>!!!!?

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

No he doesn't know and neither do you.  But clinging to the idea that the final estimate was based on a 7 yo 400m estimate makes you all sound very naive and stupid....but i don't believe you would think our owner that stupid for one moment, just makes for some poor, ill informed journalism.

I find it quite hilarious that the borrowing figure you lot are bounding around is based on that original outdated figure.  It just makes your argument sound preposterous really.

No need to be calling anyone stupid Carms just cos you don't agree. All we can go off is that originally a loan "facility" was put in place for 350m against the original estimate build of 450m. Therefore, it doesn't take a rocket scientist (even a stupid one) to summise that if they needed a facility of 350m against an estimate of 450m, then  if the costs have doubled there'll be a need for a higher facility. Blimey it ain't hard

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Out of interest, does anyone get to buy a house on basis of its valuation 7 years prior??

Sorry i'm just busting my balls here trying to explain something that is about as basic as assembling lego <deleted>!!!!?

What is hard to understand? If you budgeted for a house 7 years ago and the costs have gone up, then you need to have either saved more to put towards it or you're gonna have to borrow more. It really is that simple

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What is hard to understand? If you budgeted for a house 7 years ago and the costs have gone up, then you need to have either saved more to put towards it or you're gonna have to borrow more. It really is that simple

Exactly, so why on earth are you lot talking about extra borrowing off a 7yo estimate!!!  Yes it really is that simple, the figures would have been massively revised wouldn't they!!!  Extra funds would have had to have been made available perhaps?!!

This is doing my head in!!!

Can't be doing with this one anymore, its the weekend lads!

Edited by carmine

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I just pointed out some actual facts.

No you didn't. OK then, back to your original point and "facts". How much is Levy picking up from the bank in interest? You never did tell us.

I hate sunday's

No you didn't. OK then, back to your original point and "facts". How much is Levy picking up from the bank in interest? You never did tell us.

I hate sunday's

Dear Mr Levy

Please sign someone today as we can't take any more of this stadium gibberish.

Yours impatiently,

Ronnie Carmalfredo-Sotz

An interesting impasse seems to have developed in negotiations between us and United in their pursuit of Alderweirald.  Quite obviously they are going to get rinsed by Levy one way or the other with originally a figure of 55m, take it or leave it being thrown in.  I'm quite sure they will pay that, although now it seems Spurs are saying they Martial must be part of the deal.

So, as long as Mourinho hasn't completely destroyed this player what would you prefer, player+cash or a lump sum?

Can't see theres any point discussing Luke Shaw.  He was a far better player under Poch who knows him better than any manager so if he wants the lad fine,mif not fine.  But i doubt Rose will be going because after his injury ravaged season no one except Everton seem to be interested which doesn't give Levy the leverage he likes.

As a footnote to this i hear Rose was rubbish last night, didn't look fit couldn't string a pass together.  He really is a shadow of his former self which is a great shame because i really wanted us to offload the back stabbing greedy little gobshite!

Edited by carmine

12 minutes ago, carmine said:

An interesting impasse seems to have developed in negotiations between us and United in their pursuit of Alderweirald.  Quite obviously they are going to get rinsed by Levy one way or the other with originally a figure of 55m, take it or leave it being thrown in.  I'm quite sure they will pay that, although now it seems Spurs are saying they Martial must be part of the deal.

So, as long as Mourinho hasn't completely destroyed this player what would you prefer, player+cash or a lump sum?

Can't see theres any point discussing Luke Shaw.  He was a far better player under Poch who knows him better than any manager so if he wants the lad fine,mif not fine.  But i doubt Rose will be going because after his injury ravaged season no one except Everton seem to be interested which doesn't give Levy the leverage he likes.

Everton will pay top dollar however.

I'd take Martial if Poch wants him which clearly he does...just the first of a few deals this summer though hopefully!

What value Martial in the deal however?