Work permit office in Chiang Mai

connda

Well this is my third post on the same topic. Third times a charm maybe.

I posted a couple of times trying to find accurate information on the location of Dept of Labor's work permit office. Had my second post had not been locked, I might have found the information I was looking for instead of driving around Mae Rim for an hour or so to find this place. Note: It's not at the Provincial Hall on Shotana Road.

It's located in what looks to have been a warehouse just South of the 700 year stadium on Highway 121 (Canal Road). If your heading North on Highway 121 from Huai Kaeo Rd, the left lane of the divided highway ends about 1/2 kilometer south of the Somphot Chiang Mai 700P Rd intersection. Right where the highway ends, take a left into a huge parking lot with a massive warehouse. That's it. Enter the building on the far (North-west side) and up three flights of stairs.

If you have a GPS here are the coordinates: 18°49'58.33"N/98°57'39.54"E
And I've attached a Google Earth placemark
Chiang Mai Work Permit Offices.kmz

Chokdii. Hope you had better luck than I had in both finding the place and obtaining the service I was looking for. Unlike me, you should at least have no problem finding it now.

Edited by connda

I'm not sure where you got that information but that is not the office I got my WP and renewals for over 20 years and 30-40 visits, last one was October. Near City Hall. Has this changed since October?

Google Earth 18°50'13.31"N 98°58'15.07"E

post-566-0-07881300-1422511428_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

This Google Maps link will give you driving directions: https://goo.gl/maps/QdjFkMwhaNJ2. Found these foot directions on the CCCC map "after you drive around back you should see signs saying 'work permit office'... go up an inclined ramp then up concrete stairs (inside to your right)"...Once upstairs you need to walk all the way to the back office on your right"...