TOT down in my area since 24 h

Sandman77

Surprise it happen again , lost connection to the world only a slowly 384 kbit 3 g connection enough to post something on Thai visa

Tot down since 24 h zip code 31229 any other down reports right now?

Allready call 1100 all lines are busy!

Allready leave massage but I think the chance are very low that a horse without name call me back shortly..

• Like 1

I did have problems last week with TOT but after finally speaking to a real person the problem was resolved after 2 hours, I have previous good response from any TOT problems but you must speak to them and do not leave messages, I also live in the Nonthaburi region

Sandy, when the TOT chap (and probably an assistant) finally turn up and get things working, give them a tip to buy 'lunch' and get the guy's mobile number.

Next time it goes off, get Wifey to call him direct. A hundred Baht or so each time he attends will get you first class service every time.

Our TOT is rarely off more more than a couple of hours after I notice and SWMBO calls our pet engineer :)

• Like 2

ToT is crap but give it 6 ,more months you useing them and you will also agree with mewhistling.gif

While in no way defending TOT you have to recognize that none of the providers here in Thailand deliver a service that is in anyway comparable to an ISP in the West. I use two of them, TOT & 3BB. Depending on the time of day, weather conditions, alignment of the stars, moral sanctity of a local monk, one of them will work flawlessly, while the other is a total dog.

Complaining will get you no-where, the only person who will be expressing emotion is you!

In general, connectivity relating the many and various routing problems out of Thailand is totally out of your control, and for those times, just chill and wait for things to miraculously repair themselves.

On any local connectivity issue, I totally agree with a previous poster; get the mobile number of a 'pet tech'. They can resolve a lot of the irritating resetting the DSLAM type issues really fast. Get them to visit you, a ฿200 tip, will go a long way towards aleiviating future stress

Edited by GinBoy2

I also now use a TOT "Pet Tech" of whom came last time and installed a new stronger router and also a direct ethernet line from the router to my IPTV box of which improved the wifi download speed I was previously getting. He did not want any money but forced him to accept a tip of THB 200 which he was really pleased with !!!