Getting a Thai birth certificate - neither parent is Thai

brewsterbudgen

On 1/29/2015 at 10:34 AM, Sophon said:

You are right that every child born in Thailand can get a Thai birth certificate, but that doesn't mean that the child will be Thai. To be Thai (irrespective of where you are born) one of your parents has to be Thai. You used to get Thai citizenship if both of your parents were permanent residents, but I don't believe that is the case any more.

Sophon

Old post I know but if a child is born in Thailand to a set of alien parents who both have a pink non-Thai ID card, then Thai citizenship is conferred to the child. Although there are small numbers of westerners and others who have pink non-Thai ID cards, the vast majority are migrant workers who have Lao, Cambodian and Myanmar nationality.

11 minutes ago, jimster said:

Old post I know but if a child is born in Thailand to a set of alien parents who both have a pink non-Thai ID card, then Thai citizenship is conferred to the child.

It isnt, at least one Parent needs to have full Thai citizenship for the Child to get Thai citizenship .

13 minutes ago, jimster said:

Old post I know but if a child is born in Thailand to a set of alien parents who both have a pink non-Thai ID card, then Thai citizenship is conferred to the child. Although there are small numbers of westerners and others who have pink non-Thai ID cards, the vast majority are migrant workers who have Lao, Cambodian and Myanmar nationality.

Complete rubbish.

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It isnt, at least one Parent needs to have full Thai citizenship for the Child to get Thai citizenship .

You're wrong. I've seen the documentation which clearly states that a child born in Thailand of migrant worker parents who BOTH have a pink Thai ID card will receive Thai citizenship.

Unless you are Lao, Burmese or Cambodian this is not relevant to you so no need to argue this point further. I could even attach a link if you don't believe this but I am really not in the mood to find the doc, take a photo and upload it. I've got other things to do now.

Edited by jimster

2 minutes ago, pontious said:

Complete rubbish.

Excuse me???

Why do you care about the facts I just posted? You aren't Lao, Cambodian or Burmese but it's a fact that the Thai government is now giving Thai citizenship to the children of migrant workers born in Thailand provided BOTH parents have a pink non-Thai ID card. If only one parent possesses such a card, the child won't receive citizenship.

6 minutes ago, jimster said:

You're wrong. I've seen the documentation which clearly states that a child born in Thailand of migrant worker parents who BOTH have a pink Thai ID card will receive Thai citizenship.

Unless you are Lao, Burmese or Cambodian this is not relevant to you so no need to argue this point further. I could even attach a link if you don't believe this but I am really not in the mood to find the doc, take a photo and upload it. I've got other things to do now.

Do post the link - oh sorry you are not in the mood.

16 minutes ago, jimster said:

There is a scheme to give Children born in Thailand , to non Thai Parents , Thai Citizenship on the condition that they were born in Thailand, went to School in Thailand and have no affiliation to any other Country and this is given to them at 16 years old .

This is a new scheme and currently "work in progress" , but Children born to non Thai Parents are not given Thai Nationality at birth