Where can I adopt a dog/puppy?

The title says it all really. We had been meant to be given a pup from a friend but it all went pear shaped and he let us down at the last minute. We have three dogs now but the missus has her heart set on adding to the mob. We would prefer a pup but instead of buying off a dodgy breeder we'd rather give a home to an unfortunate dog. Thanks.

• Like 1

Do you mean from a dog rescue type place or similar? Unfortunately I don't know of such a place in Bangkok (if you are in Bangkok), there are a few in Chiang Mai and one in Phuket and Hua Hin, but nothing like that in Bangkok that I know of though I'm sure some here would know of somewhere in Bangkok.

• Like 1

The soi dog charity? I don't know how young they might have. Not sure if I can post a link here.

Edit: I just had a quick look on their site and I couldn't see any pups, but they say this:

Soi Dog has the perfect pet for you, whether you're looking for a puppy or a mature animal. We always have more than 200 rescued dogs and cats of all sizes who hope you will give them a good home. Thai dogs make extremely loyal and loving pets, particularly dogs saved from tough lives on the streets who seem to understand they've been given a second chance.

They are based in Phuket I think but have other locations.

Edited by Slip

Sorry dude. A quick 'google' didn't return too much info apart from a load of spammy 'iffy' ads or sites from orgs outside of BKK I'm afraid. I'm sure some other members will know of somewhere. Good luck and nice to see someone thinking responsibly too.

There are tooo many puppies living on the streets,go find one and take care of it.

Around building sites and near tempels there are always a lot of straydogs,most Thai people can tell you where you can find a pup(for free) .

We are near Cha-am and i know of four or five litters around here,all are soi dogs but when you get them young enough they can be great dogs.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies all but would be a lot easier to deal with a Bangkok based organisation we could visit or who could visit us.

Well God forbid you should have to make any effort. I think you can find the Bangkok Soi Dog number in a post above.

Unidog is how I got my latest puppy.

https://www.facebook.com/unidog

It's a group of dog lovers who try to match dogs on the street (mostly litters of puppies) to new owners.

My puppy was from this litter, born in an industrial estate, living at the roadside and in real danger of being run over by a truck.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=749784921711630&set=o.149321501753651&type=1

Thankfully all 12 puppies were adopted within a week.