All I can think of that it maybe some kind of loan company, where they lend visa applicants the amounts required to obtain their visas or visa extensions then has to be paid back in full once the passport is stamped with interest.

Edited by Beetlejuice

All I can think of that it maybe some kind of loan company, where they lend visa applicants the amounts required to obtain their visas or visa extensions then has to be paid back in full once the passport is stamped with interest.

wasn't it this type of scheme that brought down a deputy immigration head not long ago? and here it is being advertised on thaivisa .

cant see whats so good about retirement visas anyhow, seems that many are these days doing border visa runs just as if they didnt have one instead of doing 90 day reports. read all about it in the visa section on here.

Edited by rabid old goat

wasn't it this type of scheme that brought down a deputy immigration head not long ago? and here it is being advertised on thaivisa .

cant see whats so good about retirement visas anyhow, seems that many are these days doing border visa runs just as if they didnt have one instead of doing 90 day reports. read all about it in the visa section on here.

As I said; all I can do is make an educated guess, do not know for sure.

These ads are not being advertised as part of Thai visa, but are Google ads infiltrating the system. It is possible to either block these ads or just ignore them.

I would think that any person or so-called company claiming it can obtain visas or visa extensions for those who are unable to fulfil the requirements, methods must be questionable.

To conclude, all I can say is that anyone who considers using these services, do so at their own risk and discretion.

• Like 1

To conclude, all I can say is that anyone who considers using these services, do so at their own risk and discretion.

Back in Khon Kaen a guy I knew who used to boast about the ease he got an extension without the financials because he supposedly "knew people" etc. I thought " Fair enough mate but if there ever was a crackdown or whatever the rats will be running for the boltholes and as Johnny Foreigner it'll be you with your arse left hanging out in the wind"

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

have had farang tell me you can get away with buying land

i tell them yes you may get away with buying land ... for a while ... then the hit-the-fan.gif and you will lose everything and perhaps deported.

i tell them simply just dont do it.

same sort of thing with this runaround.

Edited by rabid old goat

see this post http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/795611-no-visa-stamp-what-to-do/?p=9004788

long stay tourist visas are being reported as real. 6 month. was also supposed to be a year one.

its not a 6 month long stay visa. its a double entry tourist visa, 60 days +30 day extension x 2 = 6 months. a different 1 year long stay visa is something that was posted as a future maybe.

O come on ... been going on for years. I personally know two people who do this ...one pays 20000 thb ... even his 90 day reports are done for him and the other 28000thb.

Another also did it untill I told him he can mix pension and savings ... his visa company didn't tell him that.

It doesn't take much brain power to work out who is on the take ....

O come on ... been going on for years. I personally know two people who do this ...one pays 20000 thb ... even his 90 day reports are done for him and the other 28000thb.

Another also did it untill I told him he can mix pension and savings ... his visa company didn't tell him that.

thing is if you engage in this stuff you set yourself up to be extorted, and every one knows how accomplished certain thai segements are in this field. if you are willing to tread that very hazardous route then by all means go for it. ok i understand that some of you are at the near end of life and dont have a great deal to lose anyhow.

not saying i am any different, just havent seen the need or reason to cross that line.

Edited by rabid old goat
  • Like 1

thing is if you engage in this stuff you set yourself up to be extorted, and every one knows how accomplished certain thai segements are in this field. if you are willing to tread that very hazardous route then by all means go for it. ok i understand that some of you are at the near end of life and dont have a great deal to lose anyhow.

not saying i am any different, just havent seen the need or reason to cross that line.

post-110219-0-06827100-1422587584_thumb.

• Like 1

Immigration Rules do not say where the money has to come from... just that it has to be in Thai Bank in your name for the required amount of time.

I know a number of people who have borrowed from family, friends, or others, to fulfill the bank requirements. Are they criminals? I do not think so.

• Like 1

Immigration Rules do not say where the money has to come from... just that it has to be in Thai Bank in your name for the required amount of time.

I know a number of people who have borrowed from family, friends, or others, to fulfill the bank requirements. Are they criminals? I do not think so.

Both the people that I know who used the visa companies this happened .... they were asked to open bank a/c with one specific bank ... then hand over their bank book ...when it was returned ... there were two additional entries 800,000 thb in and the next day 800,000 thb withdrawn.

This is what this thread is about ...not borrowing money for 3 months ....

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1

what you think is irrelevant. it is only what the immigration officer who is facing you thinks that matters