Corruption and Rip offs

oldsailor35

"What is the difference here between the taxi driver who was charging Bht 40 over the top and the pharmacy who is charging Bht 210 over the recommended price."

One was deception (scam), by the taxi driver, the other was 'price gouging', and you had a choice whether or not to buy.

Samui is more expensive...and they can change what the market will bear - economics 101. Don't want to pay it? Fly to Bangkok...otherwise, accept and move on.

True. If I'm a businessman selling a product for 180 bt that most customers would be willing to pay 390 bt for, then I'm not a very good businessman.

I love the way the only "corruption and rip off" discussed in this thread is for a product to treat one of the real problems of our modern civilization. Thailand must be an OK place if this is the only example that, hmm, rears its head.

• Like 1

old sailor, Not so long ago this was your quote.

Official price some time ago maybe ! But if one has to 'quibble' over a measly Bht 210, then its time to give up as you obviously cannot afford to be here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/781857-sidegra/?hl=+sideagra

You have a real thing about this Sideagra Dont you?

Amazing !! All you "lower deck lawyers" are so bloody keen to jump on the bandwagon to belittle a poster, that NONE of you have taken the time to actually read what he posted ! Idiots.

I did not say that i was purchasing without a script.

I did not say that i was purchasing.

What i did say was.................I asked the pharmacy, why they were selling SIDAGRA at Bht390 when the recommend retail price is Bht390 which is Bht 210 over the top.

Now come along children, stop trying to be bullies and read what is said first before engaging your silly mouths. w00t.gifwhistling.gif

old sailor, Not so long ago this was your quote.

Official price some time ago maybe ! But if one has to 'quibble' over a measly Bht 210, then its time to give up as you obviously cannot afford to be here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/781857-sidegra/?hl=+sideagra

You have a real thing about this Sideagra Dont you?

Months ago, but not anymore.............Satisfied now ? rolleyes.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Samui is more expensive...and they can change what the market will bear - economics 101. Don't want to pay it? Fly to Bangkok...otherwise, accept and move on.

True. If I'm a businessman selling a product for 180 bt that most customers would be willing to pay 390 bt for, then I'm not a very good businessman.

Unless you are relying on quantity sold.

If you opened your pharmacy next to the one who sold at 390 baht and you sold the same product for the recommended retail price of 180 baht, and were happy with the markup, who would sell the product and who wouldn't?

However, to do this only to sell a product that ensures a happy ending for dysfunctionals, doesn't make business sense, so therefore I would agree with your comment....................rolleyes.gif

tongue.png

Edit: added the closest emocicon to sarcastic to reflect this post

Edited by chrisinth

They get away with it because they can < the Foreigner has no protection , The Police would do nothing against a Thai person in most things, Unless the Police was the benefactor, Financially. The Thai attitude is up to you , up to them, not my problem, They don't seem to have a sense of right and wrong and fair play. Its about how much can i get, they do it to there own people so its not just Foreigners.