Ex-IMF chief to go on trial for 'pimping' role in sex parties

Lite Beer

Ex-IMF chief to go on trial for 'pimping' role in sex parties

PARIS (AFP) - Ex-IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn, whose sexual proclivities cost him his job and a shot at the French presidency, goes on trial Monday for "pimping" over his alleged role in a prostitution ring.

The 65-year-old saw his high-flying career at the head of the International Monetary Fund and presidential prospects implode when a chambermaid at a New York hotel accused him of sexual assault in 2011.

While those criminal charges were dropped and the case settled in a civil suit, DSK -- as he is known in France -- faced further humiliation when sordid details emerged of his participation in orgies with prostitutes.

It is these sex parties which have once again landed him in the dock, charged with "aggravated pimping in an organised group" after his name came up as part of an investigation into a prostitution ring in northern France and Belgium.

Strauss-Kahn, who denies the charge, was ordered to stand trial in 2012 by investigating magistrates despite prosecutors calling for the charges to be dropped for lack of evidence.

The case, known as the "Carlton Affair", began with a probe of a notorious pimp who owns a string of bordellos near the French border in Belgium, where prostitution and brothel ownership are legal.

It emerged that Dominique Alderweireld, nicknamed "Dodo la Saumure" -- which loosely translates as Dodo the Mackerel, the French slang for pimp -- was allegedly involved in procuring prostitutes for sex parties in various locations such as Lille’s upmarket Carlton hotel.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Ex-IMF-chief-to-go-on-trial-for-pimping-role-in-se-30252988.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-30

Hard not to think that it wasn't a set up, considering what the stakes are.

Not that I have any doubt that he did all that he is being accused of.

Yes. This is a real indicator...." Strauss-Kahn, who denies the charge, was ordered to stand trial in 2012 by investigating magistrates despite prosecutors calling for the charges to be dropped for lack of evidence. "

Prosecutors had a lack of evidence but the judge ordered a trial anyway!!?? Something afoot.

Mind you, I'm not sure DSK wouldn't have been quite at home in Italy with Berlusconi.

Bunga bunga!

Shades of Dr Stephen Ward, whose career as a Harley Street doctor and life both ended as a result of him being made the patsy in the Profumo Affair of the Sixties.

The Mackerel was a boat rocker whom the French establishment and pro-US IMF faction wanted out of their hair. The indulgence of his apparently prodigious sexual appetite was the bug comb they used. Ironic, when you think that France is the land where politicians have historically always been expected to have wayward willies and at least one mistress.

What a bloody world!

So you're suggesting he should have been allowed to continue as a pimp.

If it was entrapment he'll walk.

If someone has gone undercover and engineered a 'set up' then good on them.

Then again many on here would consider 'pimping' a legitimate pastime, given the misogynistic predilections of many

Then again many on here would consider 'pimping' a legitimate pastime, given the misogynistic predilections of many

I didn't suggest that he be allowed to "continue as a pimp" at all. I guess you've had a bad day and feel like finding an argument with someone?

As much as he should not be allowed to continue with pimping, etc., anyone who set him up should take credit for doing so. That is, of course, if it was a setup, which we can't possible know. I'd like to add that he has been accused, he hasn't been found guilty yet, but clearly you've dutifully read up on his case and have made an informed conclusion about his guilt.

If it was a setup, I don't imagine it was someone on a moral quest to get him to stop his pimping or womanizing. If it was a setup, it had to do with knocking him out of power to get someone else into the IMF seat, and/or remove him from running for political office.

Edited by timmyp

I didn't suggest that he be allowed to "continue as a pimp" at all. I guess you've had a bad day and feel like finding an argument with someone?

As much as he should not be allowed to continue with pimping, etc., anyone who set him up should take credit for doing so. That is, of course, if it was a setup, which we can't possible know. I'd like to add that he has been accused, he hasn't been found guilty yet, but clearly you've dutifully read up on his case and have made an informed conclusion about his guilt.

If it was a setup, I don't imagine it was someone on a moral quest to get him to stop his pimping or womanizing. If it was a setup, it had to do with knocking him out of power to get someone else into the IMF seat, and/or remove him from running for political office.

Either way it worked, not only there wasn't any audit of the physical gold, any question of him surviving or having any credibility at all was killed by having him brought into court as a "low life pimp"!

Seems to me if prostitution is legal then so is pimping?? thumbsup.gifwai.gif