Who's Showing the Super Bowl?

sailaway2000

re

So who is showing the Super Bowl this year?

here ya go smile.png ..... and their irish stew is great !

dave2

8:00 pm? Are you kidding? The game's over by then. Pass.

The game is repeated on True Vision Channel 666 at 8:30pm. And you can watch this channel on your computer on ilikeHD.com for 50baht for a 5 hour package.

re

dave2

The game is repeated on True Vision Channel 666 at 8:30pm. And you can watch this channel on your computer on ilikeHD.com for 50baht for a 5 hour package.

I can't imagine anyone not wanting to watch it live. But if a person stays at home that day, doesn't watch the news and doesn't know the result, then yes it's a good deal.

re

dave2

I can't imagine anyone not wanting to watch it live. But if a person stays at home that day, doesn't watch the news and doesn't know the result, then yes it's a good deal.

I should have mentioned that, of course, you can watch the game live on these channels

re

dave2

Thank you. The good news is I have multiple free options to see it live. Enjoy the game.

This is what I get when I go to NBC:

*Is NBC Sports Live Extra available internationally?

Due to broadcasting regulations, NBC is only allowed to show NBC Sports content on the internet in the United States and U.S. Territories. Users outside of these locations will still be able to access an extensive set of non-event video content on NBCSports.com.

Due to broadcasting regulations, NBC is only allowed to show NBC Sports content on the internet in the United States and U.S. Territories. Users outside of these locations will still be able to access an extensive set of non-event video content on NBCSports.com.

I haven't tried it cos I have other options but check post #22 of this thread. Might be a 'home' solution.

I haven't tried it cos I have other options but check post #22 of this thread. Might be a 'home' solution.

I'm not sure that helps much. The free plan is 6 channels only and low resolution only. Is the Super Bowl going to be on one of the six and do I want to watch it in low resolution? I think I will either head over to The Pub at 6 AM or pay $10 to nfl.com to watch it at home.

6:30 kickoff.....can't you watch it on a thai channel and just turn the sound down?

Possibly. I haven't turned my TV on in over a year. I did try last month but the batteries were dead on the remote. I did buy new batteries so I may give it a try.

Edited by JulieM
  • Like 1

it's actually a retractable top, that will likely be open, as it was last Sunday. 65 F at Kick-off, that's a July temp in Seattle, and about 50F warmer than current NE Temps.

I for got thatthumbsup.gif and for a 10k seat it better be.facepalm.gif

BB SUGAR BAR on Kotchasarn Road near Loi Kroh Road on the moat is showing the game. They have 4 TVs and great food and seating.

post-44181-0-99115000-1422816616_thumb.j

Most Torrent sites will have the game available for D/L as well if you slept in and missed it.

The SB Halftime show runs a lot longer than a regular season game or a playoff game.

Some people tune in just for the Halftime show.

Expect about 4 hours total.

Should be a good match-up and too close to call.

With that, I'll take Seattle over NE, 24-21

Defense wins Championships, although Seattle's Defense is a bit banged up right now and is not close to 100% but they should give Tom Brady enough trouble to win it.

I wonder if Richard Sherman will shut his freaking mouth now?

I doubt it since he had a good game. Can't say the same for Pete Carroll as he made arguably the worst play call in sports history.

Sherman had a Pro Bowl worthy game, no reason to shut his mouth (other than it gets a bit repetitive.)

Don't think Pete Carroll made that call....it's on the OC. Agreed though - handoff to Lynch and they probably win.

I wonder if Richard Sherman will shut his freaking mouth now?

I doubt it since he had a good game. Can't say the same for Pete Carroll as he made arguably the worst play call in sports history.

Sherman had a Pro Bowl worthy game, no reason to shut his mouth (other than it gets a bit repetitive.)

Don't think Pete Carroll made that call....it's on the OC. Agreed though - handoff to Lynch and they probably win.

I've got no problem with a player beating his own drum, but in Sherman's case it's way OTT....

Wow! What was Pete Carroll thinking?

An incomplete pass stops the game clock. An unsuccessful run does not. A timeout also stops the clock, and Seattle only had one timeout left. So if the Seahawks had run on second down and failed to get a touchdown, they would have had to call timeout.

Now, it's third down, and they have no timeouts left. So if they run on third and fail, the game is over. But if they pass on third and fail, the clock will stop, and they can run another play. So they basically have to pass on third, and the New England defense knows they have to pass.

By contrast, if you throw on second down and fail, the clock stops. Now it's third down, and you still have your time out. That means you could run on third, fail, and use the timeout to stop the clock and run another play on fourth down. That means New England has to defend against both the pass and the run, which puts Seattle in a more advantageous strategic position than they would be had they run and failed.

(I found this on the web. Makes sense to me, I guess.)

Wow! What was Pete Carroll thinking?

An incomplete pass stops the game clock. An unsuccessful run does not. A timeout also stops the clock, and Seattle only had one timeout left. So if the Seahawks had run on second down and failed to get a touchdown, they would have had to call timeout.

Now, it's third down, and they have no timeouts left. So if they run on third and fail, the game is over. But if they pass on third and fail, the clock will stop, and they can run another play. So they basically have to pass on third, and the New England defense knows they have to pass.

By contrast, if you throw on second down and fail, the clock stops. Now it's third down, and you still have your time out. That means you could run on third, fail, and use the timeout to stop the clock and run another play on fourth down. That means New England has to defend against both the pass and the run, which puts Seattle in a more advantageous strategic position than they would be had they run and failed.

(I found this on the web. Makes sense to me, I guess.)

Could be right but if they did not have enough confidence that they could get that yard and the touchdown with two running plays, they did not deserve to win. They have the best goal line running back in the game. Also with your(their) logic, a run on second would have caught the defense by surprise, wouldn't it?

I've got no problem with a player beating his own drum, but in Sherman's case it's way OTT....

Or maybe it is just that an articulate, intelligent Black man with an opinion and wearing dreads takes you out of your comfort zone.