Dogs in restaurants: on the table!

chingmai331

I saw somebody stand their kid on the counter at Mcdonalds....saw a farang sitting on the counter at a restaurant at KSK the other day.

Do question where those kids shoes have been.

Once saw someone change their infant's diapers on a restaurant table in the U.S. Now that's something to start a thread about!

Saw a lady changing her kids diaper the gate at PHX one time. I know they had changing tables in the men's restrooms, likely same for the women's. What was even stranger was the kid was about age 9. It's a mental condition, where mothers want special attention for being a caregiver.

I saw somebody stand their kid on the counter at Mcdonalds....saw a farang sitting on the counter at a restaurant at KSK the other day.

Do question where those kids shoes have been.

Once saw someone change their infant's diapers on a restaurant table in the U.S. Now that's something to start a thread about!

Saw a lady changing her kids diaper the gate at PHX one time. I know they had changing tables in the men's restrooms, likely same for the women's. What was even stranger was the kid was about age 9. It's a mental condition, where mothers want special attention for being a caregiver.

Seen adverts in phone boxes in London for those services!!!!!!

When you see rats,thats when its time to complain,

these people with the little dogs are all trying to be

Paris Hilton,with a role model like that what can you

expect.

regards Worgeordie

That doesn't mean have to accept it. Cats are a no no for me all so. In a way I feel sorry for these people who have to center their life around a pet.

I mean really a person has to have to have their dog or cat on the table in order to eat.sad.png

I don't give one hoot how much they love it or how safe they say it is. Would they like it if a snake lover brought his Boa Constrictor snake in and set it on the table?

No problem with a pet snake but i would draw the line at bears or chimps, thats askin for trouble.

A lot of these handbag dogs never walk on pavement. Their owners use the doggie poo pads that are like big incontinence pads to keep their feet clean. Or doggies diapers. Some of these single Thai ladies recoil at the thought of their precious walking outdoors. Why a soi dog might get to their beloved. These dogs get a daily bath and hair styling, too. These dogs are better groomed than many of the foreign customers dining in the restaurant.

Doesn't bother me as long as the dogs aren't taking food off my plate.

dear my point is that IMHO people who put dogs on a restaurant table have no common sense and don't care about other guests. Don't take it personal and please don't involve the mods again.

She didn't involve the mods. I did.

I have to admit I could never, ever take my dog into a restaurant, even though she is very small. Not even a partially open air restaurant. If there are outdoor tables, then I have no problem bringing her along and keeping her on a lease. But she stays on the ground, never on the table.

A lot of these handbag dogs never walk on pavement. Their owners use the doggie poo pads that are like big incontinence pads to keep their feet clean. Or doggies diapers. Some of these single Thai ladies recoil at the thought of their precious walking outdoors. Why a soi dog might get to their beloved. These dogs get a daily bath and hair styling, too. These dogs are better groomed than many of the foreign customers dining in the restaurant.

dear my point is that IMHO people who put dogs on a restaurant table have no common sense and don't care about other guests. Don't take it personal and please don't involve the mods again.

dear Nancy, sorry to put the blame on you. Very sorry. To Julie, no comment :)

dear Nancy, sorry to put the blame on you. Very sorry. To Julie, no comment smile.png

Mai pen rai, Luk Thaivisa. Julie and I are often confused with each other.

Now back to the topic.

I have a confession. Today Hubby and I took our cats to a restaurant -- well really a bar. It was Tawan's Corner Bar -- but we went there for lunch after taking Mr. Bitey and Princess Samurai (his new sidekick) to see Dr. Nook.

Ok, Ok, before everyone gets all frothy at the mouth. We left the cats in their little plastic baskets out on in patio while we ate lunch and chatted with Mark and Rob at Tawan's.

So, is this OK or did we "cross the line"?

Oh, the only one who seemed to even notice was a passing poodle. Then Mr. Bitey decided it was best to shut up and not attract other dogs from the soi.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

You're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy... If you don't like it, get up and leave the restaurant because your opinion means little to nothing in Thailand...

... which does not mean that she is wrong . Dogs on restaurant tables are disgusting...

Fatfather

The rats running over the food and plates out back are more of a worry to me.

I guess what you don't see ...........

I have no problem with People who bring dogs to restaurants. They pose close to zero health risks. Maybe noise if one of these little barkers...

If the restaurant was creative and want a nitche business print a dog menu..there are a couple places in town that market to customers with dogs...

You have far greater health risks posed by the cooks and servers lack of hygiene and present diseases...

It's really a non-issue....

CB

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Have to agree pet owners that do that could care less about other peoples opinion. They show the same concern as I would if I was to start singing the loudest I can parts of songs. I am defiantly not a good singer. But I think more of the people around me to do that. I have known pet owners to treat their animals better than they do friends.

You're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy... If you don't like it, get up and leave the restaurant because your opinion means little to nothing in Thailand...

... which does not mean that she is wrong . Dogs on restaurant tables are disgusting...

Fatfather

At times I would guess the dogs are cleaner than some of the customers. In the high season I don't want to use the condo swimming pool after checking out some of the soap dodgers floating about in it. And seeing some of the customers in a restaurant I can only pray they use industrial strength dish washing liquid on the plates and glasses.

post-145917-0-72022400-1422700311_thumb.

do you mean they couldn't care less? And for the people sticking up for the service dogs; they aren't on the table. Unfortunately, in the US, there is a wave of white trash homeless people claiming mental illness, who are riding around town on mass transit with Pit Bulls claiming they're service dogs. There is not really a uniform certification for service dogs..there will be, because you give people an inch and.....It's ok to work online, Immigration says , so that means I can rent out space and hire 17 people without WP to work for me in plain view.....tell it to the jury.....wait a minute, there are no juries.

dear Nancy, sorry to put the blame on you. Very sorry. To Julie, no comment smile.png

Mai pen rai, Luk Thaivisa. Julie and I are often confused with each other.

Now back to the topic.

I have a confession. Today Hubby and I took our cats to a restaurant -- well really a bar. It was Tawan's Corner Bar -- but we went there for lunch after taking Mr. Bitey and Princess Samurai (his new sidekick) to see Dr. Nook.

Ok, Ok, before everyone gets all frothy at the mouth. We left the cats in their little plastic baskets out on in patio while we ate lunch and chatted with Mark and Rob at Tawan's.

So, is this OK or did we "cross the line"?

Oh, the only one who seemed to even notice was a passing poodle. Then Mr. Bitey decided it was best to shut up and not attract other dogs from the soi.

And this is the way to deal with cats that sit on tables!!!:P

post-222557-14227015136311_thumb.jpg

If the restaurant was creative and want a nitche business print a dog menu..

Sure..a doggie Menu with the "Farang International Special"

Aussie Ankles

Canadian Calves

Swiss Shin Bone

German Gonads

French Fried Feet

British Butt Steak

etc.

Edited by slipperylobster
  • Like 1

I think pets in restaurants should be allowed. In Switzerland, where I come from it is allowed.

please define "pets" or to make it easier cross out what doesn't fit.. Dog, ( Danish dog is also dog), cat, parrot, hamster, monkey, snake, lizard, dwarf goat, big goat, gold fish, beta fish, baby elephant and swan. Next choice; outside restorant, inside, on the table. Last choice; life, cooked, bbq. If we can agree on a selection, we can all go sleep knowing the world is a better place.