Drivers License - yellow book

binjalin

No, if you have a yellow house book or WP it's sufficient prof of residency.

thanks - looks like all that hassle to get the yellow book might have been worth it

Not so fast, every Land Transport Office is different, check with your local office before you make the trip. It has been reported here that some offices insist on a Residency Certificate issued by Immigration

No, if you have a yellow house book or WP it's sufficient prof of residency.

thanks - looks like all that hassle to get the yellow book might have been worth it

Not so fast, every Land Transport Office is different, check with your local office before you make the trip. It has been reported here that some offices insist on a Residency Certificate issued by Immigration

Yellow book is acceptable in Chiangmai unless they have changed the rules in the last couple of weeks.

• 1 year later...

Hi Binjalin,

Since you have done this recently (in CM I assume), can you explain the latest procedure you went through (docs required etc). Also what Amphur did you deal with as I heard that some district offices differ on requirements.
A response appreciated....been here on and off for over 35 years and full time past 11 but never got off my butt to get this book.....can see that it would of saved some grief over the years!

cheers

BloodCat