SURVEY: What is the main reason visitors come to Thailand?

Scott

Why do vistors come to Thailand?  

591 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

shopping?

Yes, shopping.

Have you never been to Bangkok?

For over 20 years and live here, shopping for what? same tat you can buy anywhere.

I'm guessing shopping isn't really your thing.

For those who are interested in it, though, Bangkok has seemingly more shopping malls and markets than anywhere on earth. And despite your attempt to seem so jaded by it all, there's a lot you can buy here that is either unavailable back home or much cheaper to buy here.

But I fear I'm wasting my words. You can't impress those who are set on remaining unimpressed.

shopping?

Yes, shopping.

Have you never been to Bangkok?

For over 20 years and live here, shopping for what? same tat you can buy anywhere.

For those who are interested in it, though, Bangkok has seemingly more shopping malls and markets than anywhere on earth. And despite your attempt to seem so jaded by it all, there's a lot you can buy here that is either unavailable back home or much cheaper to buy here.

like what?

like what?

Yeah. Like I'm going to waste my breath. We both know whatever I suggest you'll find something wrong with it.

Nevertheless, some people clearly like shopping here. Otherwise all those malls and markets would be empty, eh?

mainly they are sex tourists.

yeah yeah everyone comes to Thailand for sex except me

but all those other farangs are only here for the sex, not me, but all the other posters in this thread who said it was everyone else and not them , really they came here as sex tourists

I was introduced to Thailand in the late 70's through business. Didn't like BKK at all, was cautious and confused, and was holed up in the hotel after work for 10 days. That soon wore off and the rest is history.

but all those other farangs are only here for the sex, not me, but all the other posters in this thread who said it was everyone else and not them , really they came here as sex tourists

Not me. I came here as a sexy tourist.

Nowadays I'm a little older, and I live here, but I'm still quite hot.

Not me. I came here as a sexy tourist.

Nowadays I'm a little older, and I live here, but I'm still quite hot.

yeah I know how hard it is beating off those Thai women stuffing money in your shorts , all wanting to take you home and have their evil way with you but sometimes you just don't have the energy to say no cheesy.gif

I think there's two main problems with this poll: the first is that the range of options is too limited and the second is that many people will have voted who have limited or no experience of Thailand and have voted based on hearsay and the reputation of Thailand as generated by the tabloids.

Having read all 7 pages of the comments pages, I live the answer, I came to Thailand for all the above reasons,

and more.

Since 1999, I guess reason number 2 is not on my list for now, but I like shopping, as I sure can not get

Golf shirts T shirts, and shorts as cheap, in Canada. I have even had to buy a pair of sandals as my old

ones crapped out on me during my visit. I still like the beer, both Chang and Sing ha, as well as the odd Corona.

If I was a richer man, I would like to buy a small condo in either Hua Hin or close by, and maybe a Honda motor cycle or

scooter. I would get my own bank account, since I think you have to be a rich Farang to get your own these days.

Thank the Lord, I am still married, so I get my sister in law, to refill my old bank account and

get me an ATM card for when I travel around out side of BKK, Still like that Song!

I have learned that I can buy Canadian Club export Whiskey far cheaper in Thailand than in

Canada, and it is almost as good to sip as Crown Royal Whiskey!

Trouble is my liver is restricting me to beer most days when I do still have a cool one.

Ahhhh the sixties! Age I mean not the 1960's

i also really enjoy visiting the immigration office as often as possible. cant get enough of those truly delightful immigration officers. perhaps they could change the rules so we could have an excuse to go there and hang around more often. 3 full days a months would be soooo muuuch better. if i had know of this joy before hand i would have retired even sooner to come here.

Edited by rabid old goat