Better you than me, love ....

MrWorldwide

Having lived in several parts of Brisbane, including Goodna, I know a little bit about Inala - whatever improvements they've made out there it was still pretty rough when I left town in mid-2010. Let's just say that I'm much happier in central Pattaya in the early hours than I would be in Inala anytime after sundown, but clearly this lady feels differently. Apparently 'scary' isnt so bad as long as 'business is good' - full marks for finding the silver lining but I hope she can at least move to the bright lights of Darra in the near future. ;)

While the owner of Thai grocery Lieu Thai, Sue Soopa, tells me she doesn’t feel as safe as she did in her old store in Chinatown, business is good and she hopes the community will get better.

“I leave here at 6pm every day because I don’t want to stay late outside. You see people chasing people and police chasing them and it is a bit scary, but business is good,” she says.

“Everyone is very nice, business is good, the scary is just a small part of it.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/inala-could-hold-the-key-to-qld/story-fnj4alav-1227203200805

I lived in Inala in the early 70s direct from East London, it got it's bad name then from the courthouse in the suburb as cases were always reported from " Inala courthouse", it was then a basic English enclave of migrants and we never felt unsafe in fact I never used to lock my car and we slept with windows open with only insect screens attached.

The demographic changed in the mid 70s to early 80s with the kids getting to teenage and the ensuing problems that that brings, the asian invasion ( boat people ) coupled with a down turn in the economy

Edited by pitchag