Premier league crackdown in bars.

"CTH, the satellite company that have the rights to show premier league football in Thailand is currently doing a crackdown at bars on Samui".

True to form, good old CTH can't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Now after having EPL rights for one and half seasons, they decide they're in over their heads.

They make True look like the Rolls Royce of TV (which they're not of course).

• Like 2

Broadcasting football live is very expensive and commercial establishments such as bars and pubs MUST be prepared to pay for it. I cancelled my satellite TV subscription because I was fed up, as a movie only watcher, subsidizing those who watch football.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"CTH, the satellite company that have the rights to show premier league football in Thailand is currently doing a crackdown at bars on Samui".

True to form, good old CTH can't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Now after having EPL rights for one and half seasons, they decide they're in over their heads.

They make True look like the Rolls Royce of TV (which they're not of course).

Yep, but that said True (UBC at the time) had the same licencing rules for public viewing when they were showing the Premier league matches. Almost 13 years of running a pub and we never got one visit reference licences.

And in that time, never heard of anyone getting done for not having a commercial viewing licence. Or even having one.................wink.png

• Like 1

I would be extremely happy if they stopped playing the soccer in most of the pubs in Thailand (I'd allow a few for those who may suffer from withdrawal symptoms)!smile.png You can't not see it...everywhere you turn there seems to be a screen with it on.

Now if only they showed Aussie Rules Football in all the pubs...that would be heaventongue.png

"Now if only they showed Aussie Rules Football in all the pubs...that would be heaventongue.png"

And you would get excellent service also....... you would be the only customer. 555

Bulldust!

• Like 2

Why is it just EPL ? Should it not be based on the bar or restaurant having a commercial acct preriod? I have a friend who owns a bar and when CTH came ti hook him up they said they would only charge him the residential rate and not to worry. I would guess its the same old music license scam.

They arrested a number of bar owners for this in Hua Hin on Saturday and Sunday as well. I heard one was 'fined' THB 40000, but that may well be a misleading rumour.

Cripes...I was planning on going down there in the coming weeks..anymore info' on this?

What would Thailand be without crackdowns? Like a fish without water, a soup without salt... Why not ban everything, every single activity in Thailand despite working and paying taxes? What a fun place this would be!

They are banning nothing as long as you pay for licence,fair enough.Do you rekon they get it for free from generous EPL.

• Like 1

What if you watch it in a bar through an iptv box and the box has cth on it??

Will they charge you for stealing their signal also!!blink.png

Also i do not know anyone who has paid for cth after getting it installed!! I got my first bill after a year and still not paid ,yet i still have signal!!

What if you watch it in a bar through an iptv box and the box has cth on it??

Will they charge you for stealing their signal also!!blink.png

Also i do not know anyone who has paid for cth after getting it installed!! I got my first bill after a year and still not paid ,yet i still have signal!!

I'm sure that if you did the honest thing and either phoned them or called into their office asking to pay they would happily accept your money.

• Like 1

It's a shared platform with sky still having the majority of the matches. Bidding starts shortly for end of next season . Expect £1 billion increase on current price. I'm having issues with billing of CTH. Despite endless calls AMD emails still not resolved and for fearof getting cut off I paid last bill which I disagreedwith. In view of comments about them not actually doing this is it a risk just not to pay next one which appearcorrect. Is reconnectiondifficult if they do? I feel I overpaid bill before current one. They do seem useless but need premier league!

Only fair...

The showing of live premiership football by bars is for one purpose only, to generate more revenue for the bar, (or retain customers who would go elsewhere), only fair they should pass on some of the profits to the service provider, also only fair to those bars that do pay.

What are the subscription charges in Thailand for showing premiership football in bars?

Just looked up the price for pubs in the UK, Sky PAYG package starts at £35 (1750THB), if the charges are compatible in Thailand that is under £1.20 (60THB) per night.

UK pubs pay 3 grand to show sky per year.

• Like 1