Back Pain - Treatment in Maejo

toryboy1979

Hi

I have been told about a Massage shop in Maejo on R1001 that might be able to relieve my hip and leg pain, but have been unable to find it. Since looking I am told the lady owner - Marisa - no longer has the business but that it might be that two or three ladies - Nok plus one or two others - have resumed the business elsewhere on this same road.

Is anyone aware of this masage shop and if so how I might find it and whether they are as good as I have been told.

Many thanks

The good one closed a few months ago. A spa type thing opened close by. I tried once but it seemed they were more interested in promoting 'vip' massages in a back room. I didn't see any staff here from the previously recommended place.

I've tried many many places over the years. A lot depends on the skills of the individual masseuse. However, the place I go when I have muscular and structural problems is IDI near Chiang Mai Gate. The staff are highly skilled. It's 500 baht for 2 hours and usually you need to book. The only masseuse that speaks English to a level where you can communicate effectively is Ying. However, if you point to your problem, the others are just as effective.

http://www.idithaimassage.com/idith/index.php/our-school

I had a locked shoulder and after 3 visits it had pretty much gone. Over the next few weeks it returned completely to normal without any further treatment. Be prepared for pain though. They have to work deep inside your muscle fibers and joints. I also had a lower back problem 'healed' here.

http://www.idithaimassage.com/idith/index.php/our-school

• Like 1

Information you were given is sketchy. Marissa shut down many years back. Nok left many years ago. She is the best I've ever met in Thailand in 30 years. Not gentle by any means but a style from many years ago. Part of the year she is in Koh Samui while the rest of the year she has a practice in Mae Tang. Fantastic lady.