Do I need a yellow book to extend my retirement visa?

I moved to our new house since my last 90 day report and my visa expires is a few weeks.

I wanted to be prepared and bring a copy of the yellow book as proof of address.

I got a translation of my passport and when to ubon head office to get my passport legalized before we went to the other head office to apply for yellow book.

At the first office we went to they said that I need to go to the US consulate in Bangkok to legalize my passport and the go to the Thai government office to have that legalized.

Do I need a yellow book to show my address to get my extensions or can I give them something else?

Or my previous application I had a rental contract

Edited by Guitar God

There is no requirement for you to have a yellow house book.

A copy of your rental agreement with copies of your landlords ID card and house book will be accepted. If going to Phibun they may also want tax stamps on it also (costs 30 baht).

I may still have a copy of the rental agreement but I haven't lived there for months and the lease expired in September 2014.

I've built a new house in Ubon, I built it, I'm not leasing it and without the yellow book for that address I don't have any current proof of my actual address.

I can go to Bkk later if that's what's required to get the yellow book but I'd prefer to avoid an unnecessary trip just to go visit the embassy again.

I just came back from there getting a withdrawal slip notarized and spent a long day and 5k so I could transfer my own damn money from the U.S. to Europe.

If your wife is Thai and has a house book for your house you can use it.

You will not be able to get a yellow book unless there has been a house book issued for the house and you need permission from the holder of the house book to get it.

• Like 1

Cool, I'll do that if they ask.

We went to the government office by Smile and my wife spoke with a woman there who knew her and said "no, problem, I,ll help you, you don't need the translation legalized at the embassy".

If your wife is Thai and has a house book for your house you can use it.

You will not be able to get a yellow book unless there has been a house book issued for the house and you need permission from the holder of the house book to get it.