Elephant Village Pattaya

LuckyLew

Hello

Has anyone been to the Pattaya Elephant village?

What is it like? clean? dirty? sad to see?

Is it worth a visit with 2 year old daughter and her Grandma?

Does anyone know the entrance cost?

The web site just lists cost to go trekking on an elephant and I do not imagine my 77 year old Mom would be into that

I have sent them an e-mail but in but I am discovering Thainess and they have not responded :)

Any info would be appreciated

Also is the underwater world in Pattaya/Jomtien any good?

Is it better / worse / same same than the aquarium at Siam Paragon?

Thanks in advance

LL

If you just want to see the elephant show and have a nice day out go to Nong Nooch smile.png

I second this. Go early - there is an hour's Thai culture show followed by Elephant show. Of course farangs pay more than Thais but a Thai driving licence gets you in at Thai price.

I have not been to the elephant village. I have been to Nong Nooch and liked that. Also, the 1,000,000 stone crocodile park had some elephants walking around you could get a ride on and a small zoo section if my memory serves. Probably enough to impress a 2 year old. I haven't made it out to the Kao kiew zoo north of pattaya. I hear that is fun as you can get a golf cart and ride around. several locals tell me their kids enjoy that place

Dont go to the elephant village in east pattaya it is very expensive. Much better at the above or tiger zoo both have elephant rides.

My wife asked the prices yesterday. 1200 Baht for 1 hour. 2000 Baht for 3 hours, some form of elephant trekking involved in both but not sure exactly what.

Dont go to the elephant village in east pattaya it is very expensive. Much better at the above or tiger zoo both have elephant rides.

My wife asked the prices yesterday. 1200 Baht for 1 hour. 2000 Baht for 3 hours, some form of elephant trekking involved in both but not sure exactly what.

Not sure if youve ever went on a elephant ride and maybe they are different but after 10 minutes im ready to dismount ;}

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not sure if youve ever went on a elephant ride and maybe they are different but after 10 minutes im ready to dismount ;}

I was on an elephant in Soi 6 the other day, managed to stayed on a full twenty minutes. biggrin.png

Sriracha Tiger Zoo is also a very good day out for a family . wai2.gif

I have not been to the elephant village. I have been to Nong Nooch and liked that. Also, the 1,000,000 stone crocodile park had some elephants walking around you could get a ride on and a small zoo section if my memory serves. Probably enough to impress a 2 year old. I haven't made it out to the Kao kiew zoo north of pattaya. I hear that is fun as you can get a golf cart and ride around. several locals tell me their kids enjoy that place

+1 for above and yes Kao Kiew zoo is good too and all 3 places gives reduced prices when presenting them with Thai divers license.

Kao Kiew is huge and will likely take more time to see all of it than the other places and nicely located with nearby low mountains/hills. The bird dome is huge too.

The OP asked about the underwater world. I went there about five years ago now I think it was with a couple of gals. I didn't it was great. The girls seemed not to enthused either. A few small tanks, one big one you can walk under that is pretty decent. A 2 year old might be ok with it. I haven't been to the paragon one so I can't compare them.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the info.

Looks like a day trip to Nong Nooch gardens is likely

Just need to get there in time to feed the ellephants

The elephant show is fun. After the show the elephants approach the seats and you can buy food to feed them. During the show you can run out to the arena, lay down, let the elephants walk over you, doodle your balls and all for no additional charge.

Archived