Suvarnabhumi Airport forecasts 9 percent growth in Q2 passengers

webfact

Suvarnabhumi Airport forecasts 9% growth in Q2 passengers
By Digital Content

14230336013830-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 4 -- Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport is preparing to cater to larger passenger traffic in the second quarter of Fiscal 2015, which is expected to grow by 9 per cent year on year.

Suvarnabhumi Airport director Prapon Pattamakitsakul said that in the first quarter of fiscal 2015 (October-December 2014) the airport served 12,902,628 passengers.

The figure dropped by 0.57 per cent year-on-year.

They comprised 10,873,158 passengers on international flights (up 1.04 per cent) and 2,029,470 domestic passengers (down 8.41 per cent).

In the same period, the airport served 75,511 flights, declining 4.26 per cent year-on-year, consisting of 59,245 international flights (down 6.18 per cent) and 16,266 domestic flights (up 3.41 per cent).

The airport handled 328,667 tonnes of cargo and parcels, up 1.01 per cent.

They comprised 317,045 tons of international cargo, up 1.01 per cent, and 1,622 tons of domestic cargo, up 1.14 per cent.

In the second quarter of this fiscal year, the number of passengers using the airport is expected to rise 9 per cent to 150,000-160,000 passengers a day.

The airport management has prepared to cope by installing 16 more passport readers and electronic charts, opening the Transfer Baggage Terminal to serve transit passengers, and improving taxi services among others. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2015-02-04

And the future is bright..........

Today is the day of optimistic forecasts.

Sale of rice going up......passenger numbers going up......

Hope all is good and we don't see the forecasts crumbling down in the middle of the year.......

Let's wait and see......

And the future is bright..........

Today is the day of optimistic forecasts.

Sale of rice going up......passenger numbers going up......

Hope all is good and we don't see the forecasts crumbling down in the middle of the year.......

Let's wait and see......

There is a difference between predicted numbers and real numbers.

Wasn't Christmas and new year meant to have been 10% or so busier this year than the previous. Then we learn in the feel good article you choose to take as gospel, the figures were in fact down.

All well.

Are they going to upgrade the infrastructure and staffing along with this increase? Or, we have to wait even longer in queues be it immigration, taxi, toilets, escalators and elevators.

Will they also add elevators and escalators to the airport link train stations making it easier to use for people with luggage?

Now...That would be called common sense. Right? And we all know that common sense is not that common....

Edited by aparasher
  • Like 2

What marketing campaigns, promotions, incentives or logic makes them "forecast" 9% growth?

If I went to my Investors and forecast 9% growth, I better have a damn good reason why...and if I fail to deliver that 9% growth as forecast, I better make sure my resume is up to date.

Failures in the real world.

• Like 2

What marketing campaigns, promotions, incentives or logic makes them "forecast" 9% growth?

If I went to my Investors and forecast 9% growth, I better have a damn good reason why...and if I fail to deliver that 9% growth as forecast, I better make sure my resume is up to date.

Failures in the real world.

This is a land where positive attitude abounds. Smiles a plenty and money flows like honey from a beehive.

In Chiang Mai there is a company selling condos albeit miles out of the city, for 2.5million to 3.5million.

they too are optimistic as they promise 8% return (16,000 baht a month on a 60 mtr condo) and they will buy it back in 5 years at 50% gain.

So yes, this is the country of optimism so why not a growth at the airports?

Dream on people that's what we need to bring happiness to the people!

• Like 1

I saw that first episode of that dreadful 'documentary' on Bangkok Airport on BBC3. I refuse to watch any more of that rubbish.

Anyway, in this episode, some immigration guy was complaining there were no passengers for him to process, so he showed the BBC his pictures on his smartphone.

No passengers?. I've never been through Swampy without having to wait in a very long queue.

A work of fiction by the BBC.

In response they are closing 15 immigration counters

"The airport handled 328,667 tonnes of cargo and parcels, up 1.01 per cent.

They comprised 317,045 tons of international cargo, up 1.01 per cent, and 1,622 tons of domestic cargo, up 1.14 per cent."

I wonder if they keep statistics for the tonnes of arrival and departure immigration cards, stamp ink used, photocopies kept for imports and exports through customs, official forms etc

Interesting;

International flights had an increased number of passengers per aircraft where as domestic had a lower number per aircraft. I think these numbers are total ie inbound and departing passengers. Is that right?

I saw that first episode of that dreadful 'documentary' on Bangkok Airport on BBC3. I refuse to watch any more of that rubbish.

Anyway, in this episode, some immigration guy was complaining there were no passengers for him to process, so he showed the BBC his pictures on his smartphone.

No passengers?. I've never been through Swampy without having to wait in a very long queue.

A work of fiction by the BBC.

Depends on the time you choose. I always land after midnight on the DELTA flight from Narita and take the return departing at 05:30/07:00 am departure from Swampy to Narita (times will change depending on season) and I never wait more than 15 minutes in ANY queue. For TG Domestic flights, the security check near counters A and B are little to no waiting for mid-afternoon departures.

Hopefully this will help you when booking flights from Swampy for future travel.