Hotel in Chiang Mai

DividendGuy

Hello.

Can you help us pick a decent hotel room or do you have a particular hotel you recommend? My wife and I are looking for a hotel room in Chiang Mai. It is so difficult to find a hotel with all the hype coming from these companies and it makes it so hard to tell the hype from the truth especially when we are not knowledgable about Chiang Mai. We will be staying for four nights March 9, to March 13. Budget around Bt1,500 per night in or near the center of the city (I will rent a car). Basically, we are looking for a decent, clean, comfortable hotel...do you have a favorite hotel that might fit our needs. Thanks for all replies

To: Seligne2

Thank you for your e-mail, I don't have a Facebook account so I can't open your answer of a hotel to stay in. Could you resend your e-mail with the hotel's name and a telephone number if possible.

I don't have a Facebook account either but if I click the link it opens. Anyway, the "Nice Mum Lodge" is what the link opens....unfortunately, that Facebook page hasn't been updated for a couple of years and the link to their website doesn't work.

And I'm pretty sure Beng misspelled his suggestion - I think it's supposed to be Royal Panerai.

Sorry I can't be of assistance with a recommendation of my own.

To: Seligne2

Thank you for your e-mail, I don't have a Facebook account so I can't open your answer of a hotel to stay in. Could you resend your e-mail with the hotel's name and a telephone number if possible.

I don't have a Facebook account either but if I click the link it opens. Anyway, the "Nice Mum Lodge" is what the link opens....unfortunately, that Facebook page hasn't been updated for a couple of years and the link to their website doesn't work.

And I'm pretty sure Beng misspelled his suggestion - I think it's supposed to be Royal Panerai.

Sorry I can't be of assistance with a recommendation of my own.

Yes, I meant Royal Panerai.

Hotels in Chiang mai is more a matter of taste then a matter of money, for half the price you have lovely places, while some in your price range are not nice at all or have boring locations.

This is my favorite, very relaxed and in the heart of the old city, very quiet place. http://www.agoda.com/mandala-house/hotel/chiang-mai-th.html

The Naga is fantastic, higher price range but great experience.

Edited by Mcffee

To: Kaptainrob

Thanks Kaptainrob, Actually, Mecure was one of the first hotels I looked at on one of the hotel sites. There were conflicting views about it so I wasn't sure if it was acceptable. I will have another look at it and again thanks for taking the time to answer.

To: Kaptainrob

Thanks Kaptainrob, Actually, Mecure was one of the first hotels I looked at on one of the hotel sites. There were conflicting views about it so I wasn't sure if it was acceptable. I will have another look at it and again thanks for taking the time to answer.

It's not as luxurious as Naga, Amora or Raming but more suitable if you have a car. Accommodation is spacious and clean, just a little tired.

havent actually stayed there but seen a lot of farang coming and going http://www.chiangmai.amorahotels.com/

tae pae gate is a central as you need.

To: rabid old goat

Here is the e-mail you posted to me...hope it helps clear up any confusion and again I am looking at this website and discussing it with my wife to see if it meets with her approval. Again, thanks for the website as we are not so familiar with Chiang Mai and we are from Bangkok.