Allowrie Cheddar Cheese Slices

stat088

As far as the cheese slices go I would recommend sticking to Kraft for processed slices. 80 (1 kilo) slices from Macro is around ฿400

This is as close as we can get to American cheese slices. Not exactly the same but a reasonable facsimile. The great thing about this block is that the slices are so large, they cover an entire slice of bread without leaving empty gaps around the edges.

Those cheddar slices aren't cheddar at all. I don't even think you could slice cheddar that thinly because it would crumble.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gents, if any of you are interested in REAL cheese, I have some very good news for you.

I went on the Heath Farm website this morning and in the FAQ section they state that they have now set up their online ordering at the request of Thai Visa members. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

http://cheesethailand.com/faq/

The prices look very good considering that this is indeed real cheese and not the processed crap that you get in supermarkets.

I honestly have no connection to Heath Farm but I do hope that their online ordering gets enough traffic, as I would hate to see it stopped due to a lack of orders.

• 5 weeks later...

I just checked out the site, the price is very competitive. Cheaper than the Mainland Cheese I have been buying. However I just tried to order some. Went to the shipping section clicked on Thailand and then the province, and "sorry shipping is unavailable in Thailand" came up. I would love to buy their product, the price is right, the package size is right, but they won't ship to me.

I enjoy the Heath Farm Artisan Cheshire Blue on a regular basis. Tangy, crumbly, delicious. (Available in Friendship supermarket, Pattaya, for those who live in the area). Wifey runs from the aroma, but...more for me!

When the Stilton becomes available, I will certainly try it. (I was in hospital years ago and my (then) g/f asked me if I wanted her to get me anything. I replied I would like a Stilton ploughmans lunch with a pint of real ale. I got neither. Anyway, I digress).

Villa Markets have 8 oz packages of real sliced cheddar cheese from California selling for 125b or so per package. They also have several other varieties from the same producer, including a jalapeno jack variety. Melts good and tastes good on cheese sandwiches.

That's what I use, and avoid the processed stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Gents, if any of you are interested in REAL cheese, I have some very good news for you.

I went on the Heath Farm website this morning and in the FAQ section they state that they have now set up their online ordering at the request of Thai Visa members. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

The prices look very good considering that this is indeed real cheese and not the processed crap that you get in supermarkets.

I honestly have no connection to Heath Farm but I do hope that their online ordering gets enough traffic, as I would hate to see it stopped due to a lack of orders.

I'm trying to get on their site, but get this, This Account Has Been Suspended

instead.

I have tried that link but it says account suspended.

• 2 weeks later...

Its not cheese ,its just a bit of plastic with some flavouring in ,mind you many Americans may think its "real cheese" whistling.gif

There is no comparison really. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

No... THIS is REAL AMERICAN cheese... You ought to try it sometime... And actually, this brand is actually available in Thailand via Villa markets and elsewhere -- for a price.

post-58284-0-28437100-1431147623_thumb.j

post-58284-0-54964200-1431147636_thumb.j

I have tried that link but it says account suspended.

When I tried their website this morning, the page loaded and displayed fine...

I logged in and registered... Some of their cheeses are listed as being out of stock and unavailable. But others are in stock. 110b per 200g package for regular cheese.... seems a pretty good price for Thailand.

Its not cheese ,its just a bit of plastic with some flavouring in ,mind you many Americans may think its "real cheese" whistling.gif

There is no comparison really. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

No... THIS is REAL AMERICAN cheese... You ought to try it sometime... And actually, this brand is actually available in Thailand via Villa markets and elsewhere -- for a price.

attachicon.gifPS2724.jpg

attachicon.gifPS2725.jpg

Please John, this is a serious thread about real cheese and not about about fermented curds that taste of plastic.

attachicon.gifPS2724.jpg

attachicon.gifPS2725.jpg

Please John, this is a serious thread about real cheese and not about about fermented curds that taste of plastic.

You obviously don't know and have never eaten Tillamook cheese...

Has anyone managed to successfully use the Heath Farm online shop?.... I am still getting Delivery is not available to Thailand message.

I sent them an email the other day, via their website, asking about purchase/delivery in/to Bangkok... and got the following response within a day:

Delivery to Bangkok is made to the bus station at the moment.
I will check and see if there is a door to door option for you.
I'll let you know this week.
Payment can be made by bank transfer or paypal.

Has anyone managed to successfully use the Heath Farm online shop?.... I am still getting Delivery is not available to Thailand message.

I sent them an email the other day, via their website, asking about purchase/delivery in/to Bangkok... and got the following response within a day:

Delivery to Bangkok is made to the bus station at the moment.
I will check and see if there is a door to door option for you.
I'll let you know this week.
Payment can be made by bank transfer or paypal.

Thanks... they are close to me here in Pattaya so hopefully it can be delivered here also.

I see that their website is back up. @ Issangeorge, did you get the shipping resolved?

Just got my order today. I'm not sure if the website is working for that, but a very nice guy Rob, has replied by emails and we worked out the shipping. He sent it by bus, which has a flat rate if ฿250, no matter the size, I had to add another ฿50 onto that for the bank transfer, so all in all it came to a charge of ฿300, no matter the order size. I had an order for 22 individual packages so under ฿14 per package. The cheddar cheeses come in 200 gram packages for ฿110 per pack, if you work that out to a 250 gram package, that the Mainland cheese I usually buy comes in it works out to ฿137.5 plus shipping and handling of ฿14, so ฿151.5 compared to ฿179 I pay for the Mainland. I just tried my first cheese tonight, the Vintage Red Leicester, this is a great cheese, and makes the Mainland Cheese taste like processed cheese. I haven't tried the others yet, but I'd be surprised if they were not good also. If you are a cheese lover try Heath Farm cheeses out, I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you live in Isaan, the North, or the South, get some of your friends together and order a bunch of different packages to cut the shipping and handling costs. That's what I did. We could have ordered another 20 packages, but at this time they have no soft cheese in stock. I do not have any money in this company, or work for them or know anyone who does, I just like good cheese at a good price, and it looks like this company supplies it.

glad to hear that Issangeorge... 20 packs of 200 gms.... wow, you must like your cheese!.... I really like their cheese just want to be able to order rather than see what is left in the supermarket at the roundabout after the scavenging hordes have fed.

glad to hear that Issangeorge... 20 packs of 200 gms.... wow, you must like your cheese!.... I really like their cheese just want to be able to order rather than see what is left in the supermarket at the roundabout after the scavenging hordes have fed.

I got some friends involved, if they had soft cheeses we would have been well over 30.

Cheapest cheese in Thailand is at Food Glorious Food

It's pretty hard to beat Heath Farm's prices, and I can get their's, I have no idea where Food Glorious Food, is, but I'm guessing Pattaya, which I get to about once every ten years, or longer, a long way from me.

• 9 months later...

It claims to be 87% Cheddar Cheese. But, what is the other 13%. The slices do not hold together when you try to remove the plastic wrap. They turn into goo, not a slice. The taste is not of Cheddar. It does not really even taste of cheese. I will never use it again.

• 4 months later...

attachicon.gifPS2724.jpg

attachicon.gifPS2725.jpg

You obviously don't know and have never eaten Tillamook cheese...

+1 for Tillamook cheese. Made in Tillamook Oregon. Probably the best I have ever tasted.

I'll be going to Vila Market tomorrow morning.

Archived