Dont you think this is a bad time to invest in Thailand

I see some people buying condos, stocks etc. But the baht is so strong against major currencies. I think we're nearing the end of the strong baht cycle and this trend is bound to reverse. Eventough most people seem to think Thailand is all about sex tourism it also is a huge exporter in industry. It actually exports more than it imports.

So a very strong baht is definitely not in their favor.

With EU economies unable to grow, growth in china slowing down, russia in crisis, gulf countries suffering because of low oil, I think these factors will lead to the drop in tourism revenues, and the revenues from export in the industry sector will suffer as well.

They're eventually going to need a weaker baht to offset these effects. By the way nearly all Em currencies depreciated against the USD, but it seems the baht is holding up very well. The lira depreciated from 2 to 2.40, the real is in a mess, the peso is in a mess, the ruble is hopeless etc, euro is in a mess as well.

Edited by Lukecan
  • Like 1

Some good points made- Thailand always seems so resilient despite whatever happens - but interestingly shares did decline during the period before US stopped Q.E. as the EMs did generally. If US goes down that effects Thai shares. One way is to invest in Aberdeen's New Thai trust based out of the UK. As always surely the rule applies " Do not put all your eggs in one basket" Invest in several countries not just LOS. Likewise Never Dump all your money into one house for thai wife in case in later years things go wrong. Buy a house/Condo but ensure you buy as single man etc., or if you have lots of money ensure you have a bolt hole back in farang land or another Condo to escape from separation of young thai wife. Relationships like economics may change and the value of your initial investment may go down.....just joking.

Edited by peter48

You seem to be quite well informed about the principles of investment anyway. Surprised that you would ask for advice on this forum of all places..... You may well get a few sensible answers, but as you have probably noticed already the majority will likely be nonsense from those who only know about investing their money in the pockets of gogo bar owners...

Eventhough the majority of this forum is made up of sexpat retirees, there are some very smart investors here lurking around.

• Like 2

I wonder sometimes, that a lot of people invest money for a small outcome/profit. I don't want to sound super smart or anything, but there are good opportunities to invest short time for 10% profit and more. This is not Thailand related...but it also works in Thailand, and also in real estate.

If anyone is seriously interested in high profits in less than one year in the Khon Kaen area (you don't need to live here), can send me a pm.

No time wasters please.

And no,it's not time share or loan shark business........It's actually very simple.

Never mind good or bad time to invest in Thailand. As long as you invest in something that you can legally own in your name, why not? Among others: You can own a condominium, a car, a motorbike. a yacht, an Airplane, your personal underwear, tooth-brush etc.

This goes for 99% of Farang-Investors. (Naturally, if your last name is Toyota, Samsung, Mercedes-Benz or Chevrolet, slightly modified rules may apply.)

When it comes to investments in Thailand I always strongly recommend to Farangs: Invest in the best Thailand has to offer and settle for nothing less: Hostesses, Booze and uncontrolled gambling. Of course, over time, you will probably loose all your money. But the same thing is likely to happen if Mister Farang invests in a Thai-Adventure (Documents drawn-up by an expensive "Bangkok Legal-Eagle") that is outside or surpassing the parameters mentioned above, while appearing at "high-tea" daily with a stiff upper lip.

Farangs have choices in Thailand and 500 years from now, nobody will ask what the choices were.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I wonder sometimes, that a lot of people invest money for a small outcome/profit. I don't want to sound super smart or anything, but there are good opportunities to invest short time for 10% profit and more. This is not Thailand related...but it also works in Thailand, and also in real estate.

If anyone is seriously interested in high profits in less than one year in the Khon Kaen area (you don't need to live here), can send me a pm.

No time wasters please.

And no,it's not time share or loan shark business........It's actually very simple.

555! High profits in <1 year! >10%! Not in Thailand, but in Khon Kaen.

Because of people like you, people invest in 2-4% profits.

I know what I am talking about....You don't.

And the whole thing is so simple and you see it everyday around you!

It works everywhere in Thailand, but we do it only in Khon kaen area.

It's really not that hard.

Edited by MickeyKnox82

I am very confident in Thailand future, and I also believe that Prayut will become elected PM at the end of 2005...All depends how it will play with the war of power between the US and Russia, and if China will stay neutral in that. I only know how to say it in Spanish...but the translation it is something like this:

"When people inside fight..people outside gain"......Well...The Dem and The Reds..and after all that..Prayut...may be an example.

In the next 2018 WW3 in process....if only will be between US/Europe and Russia, and probably some East Islamic countries.....Asia will win big....

In shorter term, ASEAN countries investments and demand may increase real estate values in some areas of the country.

Just my opinion. I do not have the magic ball. But..sometimes I ask my self why I didn't move to Thailand 5 years earlier, if I was ready for retirement. Where I live, real estate prices doubled in 10 years.....and 10 years ago my money was double than today's.

Edited by umbanda
  • Like 1

Are you stupid.If there was anything available to invest in.It would not be available.I have seen idiots for many years,loose all there money,Because they think that they are cleverer than the person before. Listened to there bragging,about what they are going to do .And how others made mistakes.6 months later,someone else in same place talking the same.People established for many years.Will tell you.They only get along to stay in thailand.But its not a big earner,just tick over.And it gives them something to do.Do your research,Thailand is a timebomb.

What an ignorant post! I reckon you're the stupid one, you can't even spell lose! I bought a house here 2 years ago and its value has increased nicely, although I will probably never realize the profit as I intend to stay. As someone else on here mentioned, the important thing is not to put all of your eggs in one basket and imo not to invest in areas that you're not familiar with (both financial and geographical) and never to listen to the likes of Thomas Hannah!

• Like 2

No time wasters please.

Of course, you could introduce your www homepage or do a commercial advertizement right here on TVF. Apparently you need sponsors, otherwise your comment would not have made it here.

Cheers.

• Like 1

No time wasters please.

Yes you are right - I also don't know what you are talking about....

Maybe because so far you haven't actually said anything other than a few fairly meaningless statements , that are slightly contradictory and not backed up by any proof.

If your investment deal is not a scam, not illegal and not a fantasy, why not just share it here for all our benefit??

...still no reason to make fun of my comment.

And no, I won't post the whole story of how to make a great profit....understandable.

If anyone is seriously interested and has money to invest, can meet me.

All investors we had till now are happy, got contracts made with lawyers, ......

So all I can tell is, it's a real estate business, no time share, no condo units to buy, .....

The investor only finances the project and gets his return. Sometimes in 6 month, sometimes in 12. (this will be clear before investing)

It depends on the project size. We don't do any magic and our clients are to 99.99% Thais.

I do know, that there are lots of scammers around the world, especially in Thailand.

BUT this doesn't mean, everyone with a good offer is one of them. I hear this everyday and it makes life complicated.

Enough info.

I see the economy perched for a tumble. China, lack of tourists/exports, debt, intl borrowing, who knows what will trigger.

I do see lower thb in june when Fed raises rates. About this time you'll have other issues bot has delayed acting on.

I tbink the govt putting pressure on bot for strong thb.

Id love to kniw how much and in what denomination reserves ate in.

• Like 1

Are you stupid.If there was anything available to invest in.It would not be available.I have seen idiots for many years,loose all there money,Because they think that they are cleverer than the person before. Listened to there bragging,about what they are going to do .And how others made mistakes.6 months later,someone else in same place talking the same.People established for many years.Will tell you.They only get along to stay in thailand.But its not a big earner,just tick over.And it gives them something to do.Do your research,Thailand is a timebomb.

What an ignorant post! I reckon you're the stupid one, you can't even spell lose! I bought a house here 2 years ago and its value has increased nicely, although I will probably never realize the profit as I intend to stay. As someone else on here mentioned, the important thing is not to put all of your eggs in one basket and imo not to invest in areas that you're not familiar with (both financial and geographical) and never to listen to the likes of Thomas Hannah!

Yes,Your the clever one.Bought in the last 2 years.When they cant sell property.And on paper,Its worth more.Who says its worth more.Seems ,ive hit on a touchy topic with you.You think that i have not lived in thailand.Listend to people for many years ,telling me how much there property is worth.Strange,that when they have had to sell.There reason is ,I took a much lower price,for a quick sale.I rented a 3.bedroom 4 bathroom house in chiang mai for 70.000 a year.Can get a nice place in pattaya,For 10.000 a month just 20 mins out side of town,So you have bought your house on a 30 year lease of the land.If it was newAnd you are stuck there..For you to attack me.You must be one of those braggers.I hope people are not stupid to listen to you.

• Like 2

it has never been time to invest in thailand, and it never will be. take it from me, dont put 1 baht into this dump. the land of smiling scammers from the moment you arrive at the airport to the moment you leave.

How much she get you for ?

Well said Soutpiel... His ? is broken and his ? money gone.... Should listened to your mommy and stayed home like a good boy.