Mozzie Screens

I can give u a HOW....

Forget the aluminium frames, instead get a local knitter to stitch velcro around each frame, then reapeat the exercise attaching the finest mesh possible and marry up the two pieces. You can then just peel back a wee corner to facilitate the opening/ closing of said windows.

Our houses are typically Thai with windows everywhere and we wasted a lot of money on the alu frames. The Velcro method is more adaptable IMHO.

Wow, that must look superb and probably increase the value of the beach shack by at least 300b.

I am getting prices in Bkk currently for this and prices are ranging from 1500b to 4000b per sqm.

Hey Nawtilus - I'm going to Bangkok the day after tomorrow - Siam Square. Anystores I might view within this area - or out to the airport.

Barry

Not sure, all my prices are by phone or at the trade shows, have not actually been to a store yet until i find a good price. Mind you the ones I need seem to be special design, much more modern than the normal square fix in place screen. For example one open space is 8m long and 2.5m tall.

I saw the steel guy around the corner from me making the standard variety yesterday, could always ask there, they looked ok if that is the type you are looking for.

My screens are in aluminum frames that are on hinges. Easy to open and you can lift them off the hinges if you want to take them totally off. The cost for about a dozen double windows, front door and back door was about 10,000 baht.