Phuket serial burglars nabbed

webfact

Phuket serial burglars nabbed
Eakkapop Thongtub

1423115326_1-org.jpg
Prasert (seated, left) and Saroj meet the press this morning.

PHUKET: -- Two men from Pa Khlok were arrested yesterday (February 4) for a months-long burglary spree in the area.

Thalang police first stopped Prasert Tortip, 20, in Soi Klong Kampaeng in Pa Khlok, after noticing that he was riding a Honda Scoopy I that matched a description given by some of the burglary victims.

He was wanted on an arrest warrant issued in November last year.

His confession led to the arrest of the second thief, Saroj Sepsod, 26, whom Prasert described as “the leader of the gang”.

Saroj was arrested in his home in Moo 3 in Pa Khlok at 11:30 am. He was also on the wanted list, after a warrant for his arrest was issued in August last year for burglary after dark.

Police seized numerous items that the duo had stolen, including wallets, mobile phone and chargers, necklaces, glasses and more.

Eight burglary victims who had filed complaints came to the police station this morning and were able to identify some items stolen from them, though not all. Police said a total of 11 people had been robbed by the two men.

Saroj admitting robbing the houses in the area and selling some of the stolen items at discounted prices to friends and other local people.

He was charged with breaking and entering after dark, while Prasert faces charges of theft at night using a vehicle.

Among the robberies carried out by the two men were one in Bang Rong on January 10 and another at Mission Heights last Saturday (January 30).

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-serial-burglars-nabbed-50879.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-02-05

I'm happy to see that the RTP started doing the job they are supposed to do.

Good for the present government, obliging them to justify their salaries.

And this is only the beginning........better days are coming...........

Are you for real Costas?

With all the yabba, guns, ivory, illegal logging not to mention human trafficking, racism and corruption and they deserve a ¨slap on the back¨ for catching 2 petty criminals stealing prescription glasses and mobile phones?

At this rate ¨better things¨ are coming well after my time, and yours I suspect....

phuket is becoming a crime prone city.

Are you talking about

Phuket the Island

Phuket Province or

Phuket City, the Capital?

This series of burglaries,occurred in the north of the Province some distance from the capital.

Have you ever been there, or do you just contribute idiot one liners?

Are you talking about

Phuket the Island

Phuket Province or

This series of burglaries,occurred in the north of the Province some distance from the capital.

"Are you talking about Phuket the Island Phuket Province or Phuket City, the Capital? This series of burglaries,occurred in the north of the Province some distance from the capital. Have you ever been there, or do you just contribute idiot one liners?"

As opposed to idiotic 2-liners split up and spread out to take 8 lines?

So many guys running around with arrest warrants.

Don't police pursue them or do they just wait until they stumble across them?

In my country (Netherlands) there are people who are supposed to be in jail but are not in jail. So its not only Thailand, you can't have a 100% good working system anywhere (unless your willing to give up many liberties and loads of money).

I am not sure how bad it is in Thailand but I can imagine they are not constantly tracking people down.

Are you talking about

Phuket the Island

Phuket Province or

"Are you talking about Phuket the Island Phuket Province or Phuket City, the Capital? This series of burglaries,occurred in the north of the Province some distance from the capital. Have you ever been there, or do you just contribute idiot one liners?"

As opposed to idiotic 2-liners split up and spread out to take 8 lines?

Just making it easier for geographical slow learners to read.

And that was 3 lines for idiots who can't count.

There has been a series of robberies in Kamala. I'd say it's mostly opportunistic, people not locking their homes but it is widespread.

I've heard that young Thais are putting oil on the roads and robbing accident victims. I know a number of people who have been in those kinds of accidents. Be careful out there.