Reporting new address

I am staying in my house in Hua Hin on a Non-O Visa with one year extension.

Now planning to take a trip to Chiang Mai for a week or two. Staying with friends in their house.

Do I have to go to Immigration in Chiang May and sit there for some hours to report my new address?

And then repeat the procedure when I come back to Hua Hin?

Could anything happen if I don't?

There is no need to report your address.

There are requirements in the immigration act to report within 24 hours but immigration does not enforce it.

Ok. Thank you.

My 90 days report is not until May so then I don't have to worrie.

Btw is that so also when a go abroad with a re-entry permit and return after some months?

Edited by id35

There are requirements in the immigration act to report within 24 hours but immigration does not enforce it.

Ok. Thank you.

Btw is that so also when a go abroad with a re-entry permit and return after some months?

When you return with a valid re-entry permit (before your latest permission to stay date), then a new 90 day cycle starts.

So first report 90 days after re-entry.

So no addresss to report until 90 days over.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Ok. Thank you.

. I moved house 1 month ago and on Thursday just extended my o visa based on marriage in jomtien for another 60 days showed them my new address no probs. ubons information as always is correct again

There was a topic in which this was discussed some time ago.

The rule is open to interpretation, but when I asked for some confirmation regards the rule at Amnat, the boss told me that it refers' to permanent residency, not temporary residency in the case of those who have to regularly attend Immigration for reporting.

Tourists don't report address's, because it is assumed they would stay in a hotel or guest house who are responsible to report their whereabouts.

The only time I would report a new address would be in the case of a permanent change of residency.

Even then Immigration don't enforce the 24/48 hour rule as Joe states. There are no penalties or fines within the rules if you don't do it within 24 hours.

There was a topic in which this was discussed some time ago.

The rule is open to interpretation, but when I asked for some confirmation regards the rule at Amnat, the boss told me that it refers' to permanent residency, not temporary residency in the case of those who have to regularly attend Immigration for reporting.

Tourists don't report address's, because it is assumed they would stay in a hotel or guest house who are responsible to report their whereabouts.

The only time I would report a new address would be in the case of a permanent change of residency.

Even then Immigration don't enforce the 24/48 hour rule as Joe states. There are no penalties or fines within the rules if you don't do it within 24 hours.

A person with permanent residency does not have to do any reporting to immigration. Hotels are not even required to report their stay.

All the reporting is under chapter 4 of the immigration act titled "Chapter 4 Temporary Stay in the Kingdom".

Joe, I think you've read residency as resident, that was not my intention.

Yes someone with PR status does not have to report as a permanent resident of Thailand, as opposed to someone on an extension for example but has a permanent residency in Thailand (as in their home / place of stay) and does have to report to Immigration.

Edited by Faz

Yes someone with PR status does not have to report as a permanent resident of Thailand, as opposed to someone on an extension for example but has a permanent residency in Thailand (as in their home / place of stay) and does have to report to Immigration.

I read it as you wrote it. Permanent residency is the term used for staying here for infinity without needing to do extensions and etc. Anybody else is on a temporary stay.

You can be considered a resident here if you stay here long term by being on a temporary stay here.

Immigration does not enforce the 24 hour address reporting because it would not be practical to even try to do it in this day and age. They realize things are much different here than when the immigration act was written 36 years ago.

You should be ashamed of this post.

As a global moderator, you are herein advocating deliberately breaking the law.

By your own statement, there is provision in the Immigration Act for people who fail to comply with the law.

You are telling people to break the law.

Shame on you.

Edited by ubonjoe
Changed to default font color

I read it as you wrote it. Permanent residency is the term used for staying here for infinity without needing to do extensions and etc. Anybody else is on a temporary stay.

You can be considered a resident here if you stay here long term by being on a temporary stay here.

Immigration does not enforce the 24 hour address reporting because it would not be practical to even try to do it in this day and age. They realize things are much different here than when the immigration act was written 36 years ago.

Whether or not they recognise impracticalities in the law, the law is the law and you should not be encouraging people to break the law as it stands.

Whether or not they recognise impracticalities in the law, the law is the law and you should not be encouraging people to break the law as it stands.

I am not encouraging people to do anything. If they want to report they can try. But there have been reports of immigration refusing to take them and telling people it is not needed. Try to find a TM28 at an immigration office without asking for it.

Again I will ask you if you have made a report for being away from your home province for more than 24 hours.

• Like 2

By your own statement, there is provision in the Immigration Act for people who fail to comply with the law.

Shame on you.

Woa hold on Sparky....Immigrations tells foreigners to "break the law" everyday. Ive seen them turn people away for extensions when they will be due. Tell them to come back later "dont worry 1,2 day ok". Chill out a little

ubonjoe, on 07 Feb 2015 - 12:23, said:
Faz, on 07 Feb 2015 - 11:42, said:

Conceded...........I'll use the term permanent address in future.

Johnnie99, on 07 Feb 2015 - 15:30, said:Johnnie99, on 07 Feb 2015 - 15:30, said:Johnnie99, on 07 Feb 2015 - 15:30, said:
ubonjoe, on 06 Feb 2015 - 13:02, said:ubonjoe, on 06 Feb 2015 - 13:02, said:ubonjoe, on 06 Feb 2015 - 13:02, said:

Shame on you.

Joe didn't say 'don't do it' he said there is 'no need to' which is his opinion and his experience.

I only reported a change of address when I moved to a new permanent address, so that when I did my next extension the address on their database would coincide with the proof of address I was supplying.

I see 'no need to' report other than in those circumstances.

Edited by Faz

Yes I reckon it is confusing

Recently a friend visited me after staying at Pattaya

I asked him which address he put on the entry card, he said it was the hotel in Pattaya that he booked into.

We discussed that him being now at our ( my) home should he report and should my wife (As owner of the property) report that he was staying here.

Hmmm yes it could be an issue I reckon but we decided to have another beer and await the actions of the constabulary.

There were no actions and we carried on.

I doubt it is fair to critique someone like ubonjoe who gives good advice, from their own opinion when asked like that.

Those that think some one on here is Telling someone to do something rather than giving their opinion must be trolls

This would be a great forum but those DH trolls are messing it up.

Regards

thaiboy11, on 07 Feb 2015 - 22:25, said:

i got one question i make 60 days extension in september and i was living in cm and now i living in chiang dao and i need to go next month for another 60 days extension , will be ok i give copy of the new adress? or i need to do something before

That depends on the Immigration office you attend and how strict they are with applying the rules and laws.

They may want a TM28 and TM30 completing, then again maybe not.

Go prepared with a copy of the house owners Tabian Ban and ID card (signed by the homeowner with their tele number), just in case.