best headphones under 10k baht?

dragonfly94

Tired of buying cheap ones where the wires give up after a few months and you get on/off sound. Any recommended ones for under 10k baht available in Bkk? I was looking at Plantronics backbeat cordless ones but cordless used to be pretty awful, these are bluetooth though.

If you get bluetooth, make sure that your source and headphones both support aptX. Makes a world of difference.

The Audio Technica M50X has a sound that appeals to a lot of people. Also has replaceable cable so that you can have a nice long one in the house and a shorter one for on the go.

Shure has some interesting portable models that came out, the 144/145 lines. Their 940 also fits your budget but is not really a portable rig.

Beyerdynamics has the T50P as well as various DT models in your budget. Never cared for their hot treble though.

• Like 1

First, you'd have to be mad to spend 10K Baht on BT headphones - at that price you're actually able to buy good sound quality - why compromise it by streaming over lossy BT?

Also, the headphones you mentioned are more like 2K Baht ;)

If you really want to spend 10K on a decent headset, you need to go listen for yourself. You're well out of the price range where "everything sounds pretty much crap and the same", and into "now it depends on the sound/tone you prefer" ;)

• Like 2

If you get bluetooth, make sure that your source and headphones both support aptX. Makes a world of difference.

The Audio Technica M50X has a sound that appeals to a lot of people. Also has replaceable cable so that you can have a nice long one in the house and a shorter one for on the go.

Shure has some interesting portable models that came out, the 144/145 lines. Their 940 also fits your budget but is not really a portable rig.

Beyerdynamics has the T50P as well as various DT models in your budget. Never cared for their hot treble though.

What do you think of these?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J95SC5M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

An recommendation for headphones is such a personal thing - depends on what type of listening you do and what type of music you are are mainly listening to , and how long you listen to music for. I find something that is bass heavy like (and extremely overpriced in my opinion) Dr Dre's give me a max of 5 minutes before i want to take them off but Beyers ATKs i can listen for hours and most genres of music.

The last couple of headphones i have bought have been Koss - mainly because they are more than adequate for mp3 and they are very affordable.

However you really need to decide what you want ( buds, open air, closed etc) and what your preferences are and then go out and listen to a few. Even amongst the same brands the sound will vary too and sometimes price will not dictate what sounds best for you..

• Like 2

Several serious audiophiles I know have recommended a lookaround at headphone.com. Very good information there; comparisons and their top recommendations. You will see that AudioTechnica, Shure and Sennheiser come out on top. I personally prefer Sennheiser and have a one upper-scale for serious audio and one lower-mid for TV; two different parts of the house thus the two headphones. The Sennheiser Momentum series is within your price range and the ones I have are excellent in sound and fit.

• Like 1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J95SC5M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

wont bother with bluetooth, cannot get it to work between phones and laptop- device not recognised

wont bother with bluetooth, cannot get it to work between phones and laptop- device not recognised

Well because they're so cheap I bought them anyway.

I'll probably be plugging them into this.

fiio%20x3%20-%20audiogarden%20-%20192-24

• Like 1

Well because they're so cheap I bought them anyway.

I'll probably be plugging them into this.

fiio%20x3%20-%20audiogarden%20-%20192-24

I have that exact DAP. I use mine via a Brimar Cu/Ag 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable to a Fiio E12. Really good and it drives all my headphone nicely. Wife likes it paired up with the ATH-AD900X. Personally I prefer the ESW9.

The good.

Expandable memory. I have had 16,32,64 and now a 128GB card in. All have worked just fine.

Ability to use as a DAC. On Linux and OSX it just works. Windows 8 needs UAC (or whatever it is) defeated/disabled to install drivers. As I use a Win8 box solely for stream game streaming a DAC isn't important.

It's played every file I've thrown at it.

Can use line out and headphone at the same time. Great way to share music.

The line out is an honest 2v industry standard. Downside to that is it can be too much power for some consumer products that expect smartphone levels which are much lower.

Follows the Unix principle of doing one thing very well.

Feels good in the hand.

Decent battery life.

Dark background.

The bad.

Until muscle memory is built up, the controls are a bit wonky.

Older firmware must be updated ASAP. Slew of problems with them.

Latest firmware screws with the display of album art (which should be 500x500 or less for best results). An issue if that's important to you.

Sometimes a bit aggravating when navigating. The player isn't really laggy, but if you have a large library it's a PITA to go down through all the folders.

Playlists not really supported properly. I just use a "Artist->album->song" and play a whole album at once.

In response to your question regarding the headphones, I would have recommended the ATH-M40 over those. How much of their costs goes towards the bluetooth that you apparently are not going to use?

Well I guess I'll find out. If they're no good I'll dump them on the saucepan lid like I do all my old tech.

Several serious audiophiles I know have recommended a lookaround at headphone.com. Very good information there; comparisons and their top recommendations. You will see that AudioTechnica, Shure and Sennheiser come out on top. I personally prefer Sennheiser and have a one upper-scale for serious audio and one lower-mid for TV; two different parts of the house thus the two headphones. The Sennheiser Momentum series is within your price range and the ones I have are excellent in sound and fit.

+1 Sennheiser